PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official AFC East Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one but you is crying.

You're the one PMing me begging to delete my account. If it's that big of a deal, just put me on your ignore list. Don't take my posts so personally haha.

You're the one PMing me begging to delete my account. If it's that big of a deal, just put me on your ignore list. Don't take my posts so personally haha.

I PM'ed you asking you when you were deleting your account. You had a two word reply for me that basically showed you to be a coward and someone who wasn't willing to back up his statements.

Since then, all you have done is confirm how much of a chump you are. And, in everyone else's eyes, a pure liar.

You could have saved yourself and everyone this trouble by shutting your trap and actually following through on your bet with me. One that you lost. Instead, you get to live with being called a loser, a liar and a welcher.

OH, btw, I didn't BEG you to delete your account. That is just another LIE to add to the list.

Last edited:
Yeah Aqua you stupid welcher.

You left out douchebag from the list............

Why don't you call this thread "The March to the Silver Medal".

I'll say one thing; noone can accuse you of not having a sense of humor. Short of major injuries (always the X factor) chalk up another AFC East title for the Patriots...........

I'll say one thing; noone can accuse you of not having a sense of humor. Short of major injuries (always the X factor) chalk up another AFC East title for the Patriots...........

That's fine that you feel that way, but the fact is, nothing is decided yet.

It was underthrown, hit the defender in the small of the back. Any youtube of that one?
**** you too.

In the immortal words ofJohnMac,"answer the question, JERK!"

WTF should Hobbs benefit from getting his azz burned?? Did he play the ball?

He doesn't have to play the ball, dufus. As long as he doesn't HIT Wayne (which he didn't, the contact occured before the ball was thrown and it was incidental). There is no such thing a face-guarding anymore according to the Director of Officiating from the NFL.

Last edited:
It's really all right here:

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/passinterference

They speak of "playing the ball" and not playing the ball throughout the list.

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(c) Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players. MIAMI GAME

Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include, but are not limited to:

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver's opportunity tomake the catch. DING DING (Hobbs on Wayne)
(e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him WITHOUT PLAYING THE BALL. (Reggie was precluded from out stretching his arms to make the catch, because Hobbs cut off his path and WAS NOT PLAYING THE BALL)

(c) Grabbing a receiver's arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass. DING DING (Sanders on Clark in End Zone)

Sorry, but you're WRONG. Reggie Wayne was NOT interfered with. Reggie wasn't precluded from stretching out his arms. Nor was he touched in a way that restricted his opportunity to make the catch.

If you are going to talk pass interference, You have to look at Kelvin Hayden's CLEAR pass interference on Reche Caldwell that went uncalled.

Pretty sure championships aren't won in April. It looks like all the teams are tied for 1st place right now.

Keep telling yourself that, champ. Miami will be a playoff team in about 50 years or so...

First, you say the coaching staff hasn't been to the playoffs in years, well if you knew who Cam Cameron coached for last, it was the Chargers. I think they went 14-2 and had some pretty good players that Cameron developed. Ya' know, 2 pro bowl quarterbacks back to back, an all-pro tight end who had never played prior to the NFL, and a pretty good running back. Not to mention the offensive line he built with 6th rounders and undrafted free agents. (Okay, McNiel was a 2nd rounder, but the rest were late.)

1st off, you really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to other teams. Only 2 of the 5 starters are late rounders. Not exactly an over-whelming endorsement there. None of them were 6th rounders and only 1 is a UDFA. Now, if you want to talk about the reserves, most teams reserves are composed of late rounders and UDFA.

Nick Hardwick - 3rd round choice
Mike Goff - 3rd round choice of the Bengals
Olivea - 7th round (fits what you said)
McNeil - 2nd rounder (as you said)
Dielman - UDFA.

As for Cameron being responsible for Tomlinson, Brees, Rivers, and Gates that's all fine and dandy, but the Phins don't have that sort of talent on their roster.

Also, yes, they did have Beck higher. Don't tell me I'm wrong about them on this one. The Dolphins attempted to move into the 20's 3 differnt times to get Beck but no one would deal with them. Don't you think if they wanted Quinn that bad they would've taken him. LOL, what sense does that make.

This is just FALSE. The Pats easily would have dealt with the Phins as the Phins are much more likely to end up with a top 10 pick next year than the 49ers are. Fact is that they were trying to get into the 20's to get QUINN, not Beck. You were even touting that Miami was going to take Quinn and had Quinn rated highly earlier in this thread.

1st off, you really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to other teams. Only 2 of the 5 starters are late rounders. Not exactly an over-whelming endorsement there. None of them were 6th rounders and only 1 is a UDFA. Now, if you want to talk about the reserves, most teams reserves are composed of late rounders and UDFA.

Nick Hardwick - 3rd round choice
Mike Goff - 3rd round choice of the Bengals
Olivea - 7th round (fits what you said)
McNeil - 2nd rounder (as you said)
Dielman - UDFA.

As for Cameron being responsible for Tomlinson, Brees, Rivers, and Gates that's all fine and dandy, but the Phins don't have that sort of talent on their roster.

This is just FALSE. The Pats easily would have dealt with the Phins as the Phins are much more likely to end up with a top 10 pick next year than the 49ers are. Fact is that they were trying to get into the 20's to get QUINN, not Beck. You were even touting that Miami was going to take Quinn and had Quinn rated highly earlier in this thread.

Well I consider 3rd round to be somewhat late. I implied that statement wrong, basically I meant that you don't have to take linemen early to build a solid line.

2nd, teams usually don't deal picks with teams in their division. (The Eagles did so but got torn a new one for doing so.) It is true, Cameron has said so himeself in PCs.

Explain to me how getting the #2 (or #3, whatever) QB, #2 WR and #2 C to all fill needs is a bad draft. And don't use a new coach as an excuse, Sean Payton and Eric Mangini both lead their teams to the playoffs in their first seasons last year.

Payton and Mangini both had decently well established teams that the previous coach couldn't handle. The same can't be said about the Phins. They have a lot more issues than getting a BUST WR in Ginn, a huge question mark in Beck and Center wasn't as big of a need say LT...

I think that its funny that Vernon Carey is going to be the man there... he bombed big time there. And now, he's going to miraculously work wonders? Yeah... OK...

As was pointed out to you, you have no QB yet. Your secondary leaves a lot to be desired. You got rid of your best tight end. Granted, you picked up Peelle and Martin, but Peelle is primarily a blocker while Martin was never able to get more than 27 passes in Green Bay. Oh, and Martin's hands aren't exactly great, dropping 3 passes on 36 targets.

Well I consider 3rd round to be somewhat late. I implied that statement wrong, basically I meant that you don't have to take linemen early to build a solid line.

2nd, teams usually don't deal picks with teams in their division. (The Eagles did so but got torn a new one for doing so.) It is true, Cameron has said so himeself in PCs.

WHO the hell do you think you're kidding? 3rd round isn't LATE. Damn. You really suck at trying to back-pedal.

Also, the Pats dealt a Drew Bledsoe to the Bills for a 1st no problem. Miami had already dealt Welker to the Pats for a 2nd rounder. So, this doesn't fly either.

Quit making excuses.

I PM'ed you asking you when you were deleting your account. You had a two word reply for me that basically showed you to be a coward and someone who wasn't willing to back up his statements.

Since then, all you have done is confirm how much of a chump you are. And, in everyone else's eyes, a pure liar.

You could have saved yourself and everyone this trouble by shutting your trap and actually following through on your bet with me. One that you lost. Instead, you get to live with being called a loser, a liar and a welcher.

OH, btw, I didn't BEG you to delete your account. That is just another LIE to add to the list.

Dont worry Aqua's MO is to ignore vaild points against his arguments :rolleyes:

Payton and Mangini both had decently well established teams that the previous coach couldn't handle. The same can't be said about the Phins. They have a lot more issues than getting a BUST WR in Ginn, a huge question mark in Beck and Center wasn't as big of a need say LT...

I think that its funny that Vernon Carey is going to be the man there... he bombed big time there. And now, he's going to miraculously work wonders? Yeah... OK...

As was pointed out to you, you have no QB yet. Your secondary leaves a lot to be desired. You got rid of your best tight end. Granted, you picked up Peelle and Martin, but Peelle is primarily a blocker while Martin was never able to get more than 27 passes in Green Bay. Oh, and Martin's hands aren't exactly great, dropping 3 passes on 36 targets.

I'm pretty sure the Jets and Saints had just as many question marks or more than the Dolphins currently had. The Jets QB situation was in complete dissary last year as is the Dolphins' current one. Pennington had way may injury history than any of our guys and Patrick Ramsey was just as bad as Harrington had been. There teams are very similar to ours right now except that I think ours is better because we have one of the top 5 defenses in football while the Saints D was a big question heading into last year.

I don't know how Carey will handle LT, he was phenomenal at RT tackle though and maybe he has some new confidence and can actully handle it under Husdon Houck, who knows?

The tight end situation I'm not happy about, I know, we are weak there. Letting go of McMike was a mistake IMO and I simply can't defend that. All I can hope is that Martin can stay healthy and Peelle continues to progress. He had a pretty nice TD catch vs. Minnesota last year.

As for your next pots, that's just spam, try to refrain from lowering yourself because when you want to, you can have a productive debate.

I'm pretty sure the Jets and Saints had just as many question marks or more than the Dolphins currently had. The Jets QB situation was in complete dissary last year as is the Dolphins' current one. Pennington had way may injury history than any of our guys and Patrick Ramsey was just as bad as Harrington had been. There teams are very similar to ours right now except that I think ours is better because we have one of the top 5 defenses in football while the Saints D was a big question heading into last year.

The Jets situation was NOT in complete disarray last year. Going into TC, they had NoodleArm, Ramsey, and Kellen Clemens. There was no real challenge as NoodleArm proved his shoulder to be 100% healthy. The same can not be said for Culpepper and the Phins going into this training camp.

The Jets defense was right behind the Phins. So, if the Phins are better (which I don't believe they are, I believe they are worse).

The Saints didn't have nearly the questions that the Phins did on defense last year. And the Saints only had one real question in the secondary and that was Fred Thomas.

I don't know how Carey will handle LT, he was phenomenal at RT tackle though and maybe he has some new confidence and can actully handle it under Husdon Houck, who knows?

Carey wasn't phenomenal last year at RT. Not sure what you watched, but it definitely wasn't Carey at RT....

The tight end situation I'm not happy about, I know, we are weak there. Letting go of McMike was a mistake IMO and I simply can't defend that. All I can hope is that Martin can stay healthy and Peelle continues to progress. He had a pretty nice TD catch vs. Minnesota last year.

Peelle is a blocking TE who catches an occasional pass. Like most blocking TEs. Martin has to show he can actually hold onto the ball regularly.

As for your next pots, that's just spam, try to refrain from lowering yourself because when you want to, you can have a productive debate.

It wasn't. Just because you are clueless as to what SPAM really is, doesn't mean that what I said wasn't valid.

The fact is that, yet again, you were wrong. Teams inside the same division do make trades amongst eachother. The Pats and Phins did it. The Pats and Bills have done it. So why couldn't the Pats and Phins go back to the well?

More than likely, it was because the Phins didn't want to give up the asking price to move up into the 20's. Personally, I would have laughed even more hysterically at the Phins taking Beck at 20 than I did at them taking Ginn at 9. That was truly HILARIOUS. Ginn is not a great receiver. He's got OK hands, not great, just OK. And he's a poor route runner who doesn't fight for the ball and who is inconsistent in his concentration.

Ginn was the 4th rated receiver, primarily because of his speed and his ability on punt returns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes