PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official AFC East Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua4Ever04

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, I may be forced to take this to the main forum, but I'll stay here for now. This is the thread where we can talk about the Patriots, Dolphins, Jets and Bills. Add any updates the team has, reports or anything that involves these 4 teams.

Please, if you don't have anything to say, just stay out and let us actully talk football for once.

I'll start with my mock for my team, the Dolphins.

1. QB Brady Quinn Notre Dame
2. C Ryan Kalil USC
2. OT Doug Free N. Illinois
3. (Traded to Skins)

That's all I have so far. What do Pats fans want in the draft?

Alright, I may be forced to take this to the main forum, but I'll stay here for now. This is the thread where we can talk about the Patriots, Dolphins, Jets and Bills. Add any updates the team has, reports or anything that involves these 4 teams.

Please, if you don't have anything to say, just stay out and let us actully talk football for once.

2. C Ryan Kalil USC
3. (Traded to Skins)

i say we boycott this garbage thread .take it to finheaven bonehead4ever

Last edited:

2. C Ryan Kalil USC
3. (Traded to Skins)

Heh Aqua,

This Pats fan wants:

1. Jonathan Beason
1. Reggie Nelson
3. Zak DeOssie

If you get a chance check out my thread with a question to you.

Regards,

Russyracuse

Heh Aqua,

This Pats fan wants:

1. Jonathan Beason
1. Reggie Nelson
3. Zak DeOssie

Regards,

Russyracuse
aquas talking to himself again lol lol hillarious

I'm willing to talk some football if that's this thread truly is.

My senarios for round one:

1. Trade two 1st round picks to move up and get Patrick Willis, and perhaps another later pick in return.

2. Draft DB at 24 (Griffin, Revis, Houston, Merriweather, Nelson) then trade 28 down into the second round and take David Harris.

3. A cornerback and saftey at 24 and 28, like Revis and Griffin.

I'm not crazy about the idea of Beason or Posluzny in the first.

Last edited:

1. Trade two 1st round picks to move up and get Patrick Willis, and perhaps another later pick in return.

2. Draft DB at 24 (Griffin, Revis, Houston, Merriweather, Nelson) then trade 28 down into the second round and take David Harris.

I think your first Scenario is going to be tough to do. Patrick Willis could go as high as 10.

If they can't do that I agree they should trade down the 28th to pick up an extra pick.

Would you agree there biggest need is probably secondary more than linebacker?

Regards,

Russ

Heh Aqua,

This Pats fan wants:

1. Jonathan Beason
1. Reggie Nelson
3. Zak DeOssie

Regards,

Russyracuse

I would say that Beason and Nelson would be a very nice round one for you guys. Do you think Nelson falls that far though? Also, who is Zak DeOssie? What position and school? Can you give me a scouting report on him?

Alright will do, thanks Russ.

Patrick Willis is a hell of a linebacker and would be scary with Bruschi, Vrable and Thomas.

I see you guys taking a safety in round one to be Harrison's eventual replacement. I really like Meriweather so you guys can just keep your hands off okay. ;)

I would say that Beason and Nelson would be a very nice round one for you guys. Do you think Nelson falls that far though? Also, who is Zak DeOssie? What position and school? Can you give me a scouting report on him?

Alright will do, thanks Russ.
Aqua,

Many of the draftnicks have Nelson falling to the Pats at 28. There is also talk about Michael Griffin.

Zak DeOssie is the son of Steve DeOssie who played for Cowboys and the Giants. He is a local kid who went to Brown. He is 6-4 and 250. He went to Brown so he was falling underneath the radar.

Since the combine where he ran a 4.58 4o yd. dash his stock has risen. I actually watched a few of his games and he was all over the field.
Another interesting fact is he used to be a ballboy for the Patriots. He is projecting as an outside linebacker.

If for some reason you have comcast cable you can check out his draft video on demand under the NFL Network.

I am not saying he is going to Jason Taylor, but you might want to check him out.

Regards,

Russyracuse

Aqua,

The NFL Network right now on All Access thinks Brady Quinn might fall to the Dolphins.

I am not completely sold on Brady Quinn. I watched most of the Irish games the last 2 years. They run the Pats offense.

What scares me a little about him is his arm strength and the way he throws the ball. He is very smart and has learned form Charley Weiss.

You guys need a quarterback but I am just not sure about him.

Also, have you seen Jonathan Beason play for Miami? What are your thoughts?

Russyracuse

Aqua,

The NFL Network right now on All Access thinks Brady Quinn might fall to the Dolphins.

I am not completely sold on Brady Quinn. I watched most of the Irish games the last 2 years. They run the Pats offense.

What scares me a little about him is his arm strength and the way he throws the ball. He is very smart and has learned form Charley Weiss.

Also, have you seen Jonathan Beason play for Miami? What are your thoughts? lol i already know your thoughts because im you and your me.damn this gets confusing

Russyracuse
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aqua,

Many of the draftnicks have Nelson falling to the Pats at 28. There is also talk about Michael Griffin.

Zak DeOssie is the son of Steve DeOssie who played for Cowboys and the Giants. He is a local kid who went to Brown. He is 6-4 and 250. He went to Brown so he was falling underneath the radar.

Since the combine where he ran a 4.58 4o yd. dash his stock has risen. I actually watched a few of his games and he was all over the field.
Another interesting fact is he used to be a ballboy for the Patriots. He is projecting as an outside linebacker.

If for some reason you have comcast cable you can check out his draft video on demand under the NFL Network.

I am not saying he is going to Jason Taylor, but you might want to check him out.

Regards,

Russyracuse

Yeah I think Michael Griffin is more of a possibility for you guys than Reggie Nelson.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on DeOssie but you're right, definitely not Jason Taylor. ;)

Aqua,

Also, have you seen Jonathan Beason play for Miami? What are your thoughts?

Russyracuse

Yeah I have us trading up to #6 to nab Quinn because if he falls to Minnesota, I believe they take him. I love the guy, great accuracy, good strong arm (not the strongest but he can make the throws), good mobility, already NFL ready, and just a perfect QB frame. I will go nuts if we draft him.

I have seen Beason. He is very atheltic and hits hard and he is the 2nd LB on my board ahead of Posluzney (sp?) I think if Beason is surrounded by the turoring of Bruschi and the athelete that is Thomas, he could become a very good player.

Reminds me a ton of Channing Crowed who learned about LB under the best student of the game in Zach Thomas and an amazing athelte in Junior Seau. This year he has Thomas' film study and preperation, and the athelism of Joey Porter and Jason Taylor. Man I love our defense!

Aqua,

Your defense looks tough. We both know that is not your problem. When the Pats play the Dolphins especially in Miami they lose because of your defense.

It doesn't matter who you have at db, Brady still plays terribly against Miami. With more weapons for Brady this year I hope things will be different.

Give me your honest opinion on Welker. He killed the Pats, and I am happy he is on my team. Is he worth a 2nd and a 7th?

Russyracuse

Aqua,

Your defense looks tough. We both know that is not your problem. When the Pats play the Dolphins especially in Miami they lose because of your defense.

It doesn't matter who you have at db, Brady still plays terribly against Miami. With more weapons for Brady this year I hope things will be different.

Give me your honest opinion on Welker. He killed the Pats, and I am happy he is on my team. Is he worth a 2nd and a 7th?

Russyracuse

Yes I know, I love our defense and especially against the Pats. Brady does have more weapons, but so does the Miami defense. (Joey Porter);) Should be a great matchup.

Okay, Welker is not worth the 2nd round pick, I'm sorry but he's just not. He's a nice player who will probably have 40 catches 500 yards and 0 TDs for you guys but we are very happy with that 2nd round pick.

Aqua,

Thanks for the friendly share of info. It can be done on this site. I hope others will join this thread.

I'll be checking back tomorrow to see if anyone else has joined the thread.

Russyracuse

Aqua,

Thanks for the friendly share of info. It can be done on this site. I hope others will join this thread.

I'll be checking back tomorrow to see if anyone else has joined the thread.

Russyracuse

Not only that, but we have weeded out the bad apples. Thanks Russ, talk to you tomorrow.

I just hope they're both of age and consenting adults. Admitedly, the posts DO seem rather juvenile.

I just hope they're both of age and consenting adults. Admitedly, the posts DO seem rather juvenile.

You're getting off on the idea homosexuality. Just stay out because you don't know football and can't contribute one bit. Seriously, just get out of this thread and go into the smack threads where you belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes