PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

They are really doing everything they can to make their fans mad at this point.

If you are mad that a sports team you follow put a right of first refusal tender on a player might be time to go get some fresh air and touch grass

Seriously, with so many disqualifiers, it looks like you're rigging the parameters. I named a bunch of guys too. Jimmy G. in Josh's offense is actually going to be pretty good.

As for Godwin, he got 3 years for $41m (when you look at the void years).

It's a $13.7m a year contract for a guy that's been more productive than Meyers

But he's still a #2

None of my disqualifiers were out of line.

I told you to remove WRs with elite QBs. The Raiders do not have a remotely close to an elite QB.

I told you to remove #2 WRs who have proven to be pretty good #1 WRs. Again, Meyers isn't in that category. It is misleading to compare him to Tee Higgins or Waddle.

I told you to remove #2 WRs who were thrown into the #1 WR position do to prolonged injuries to #1 WRs. Sure Adams could get injured and miss half the season and then Meyers gets 1,000 yards but that isn't what you are saying.

What is out of line with these conditions? None of them apply to Meyers' situation.

And Godwin got a deal in the old CBA before the new TV money kicked in. You cannot compare his contract to Meyers. If Godwin was free agent this year, he would get far more. And you are being misleading. Godwin got a three year $60 million contract with $40 million guaranteed. You are trying to compare Meyers' full deal including any fake money that might be in it with Godwin's deal after you take out voidable years (which is in doubt if they are voidable since it would only be next year).

I said in the other thread. I have been saying for weeks that I was not all that high on re-signing Meyers. He isn't a YAC guy. He struggled to run rub routes in McDaniels' system. The Pats desperately need someone who can run a rub route and catch the ball quickly and get at least 4-5 yards after the catch on a consistent basis.

Then why did McDaniels sign him?

Personally, I would rather trade for Jerry Jeudy and sign Berrios. They are better fits for what the Pats are likely going to do this season.

Braxton Berrios?!? C'mon man.

Jets closing in on Lazard according to Schefter, will then turn their attention to Cobb.
Letting the QB pick the players is a good plan. Not!

Then why did McDaniels sign him?

Braxton Berrios?!? C'mon man.

McDaniels may be using him for something else. Just because he signed him doesn't mean he will be using him in that role. Hunter Renfrow is a more logical WR in the role I mentioned. People think McDaniels is giving up on the guy, but he might think he will rebound with Jimmy G rather than Carr.

And Berrios would not replace Meyers in my hypothetical. Jeudy would. Berrios would just add more depth.

If you are mad that a sports team you follow put a right of first refusal tender on a player might be time to go get some fresh air and touch grass
Obviously it’s not just Bryant. It’s them cheaping out on Jacoby and not making any moves.

Do you not live in New England? The grass is either dead or covered in snow right now. I promise going outside to stand in a nor’easter won’t do anyone any good.

Myles Bryant hate is overblown. He's been made to step up and fill in for guys at levels he's way out of his depth for and people judge him for his inability to fill those roles. That's not who he is. He's a reserve guy who can be a corner or a safety. I'm fine having him back.

I want Rodgers to the Jets to completely implode. Not because I hate the Jets. Not because they are a division rival. Just because the Jets are gearing all their plans from their OC to who they are signing in free agency to appease Rodgers. It would be funny to watch a team build their team around a QB they do not have and then they never get him.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back