PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

Myles Bryant hate is overblown. He's been made to step up and fill in for guys at levels he's way out of his depth for and people judge him for his inability to fill those roles. That's not who he is. He's a reserve guy who can be a corner or a safety. I'm fine having him back.

A few weeks back Evan Lazar said he wasn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be when he watches the game film. He isn't great, but he plays the slot far better than people give him credit for. The slot CB is one of the toughest positions to play because they do not get a lot of help in coverage and a TE and slot receiver have more routes they can run than outside receivers.

I want Rodgers to the Jets to completely implode. Not because I hate the Jets. Not because they are a division rival. Just because the Jets are gearing all their plans from their OC to who they are signing in free agency to appease Rodgers. It would be funny to watch a team build their team around a QB they do not have and then they never get him.
It would be a very "JETE" thing to happen.

I want Rodgers to the Jets to completely implode. Not because I hate the Jets. Not because they are a division rival. Just because the Jets are gearing all their plans from their OC to who they are signing in free agency to appease Rodgers. It would be funny to watch a team build their team around a QB they do not have and then they never get him.
Id much rather the Jets go undefeated then lose to us in the Playoffs.

So our team, which was already pretty bad in the WR department, lost their best WR in a free agency that isn't expected to produce any legitimate options and the Patriots haven't anyone in mind? No leaks, nothing?

If you're telling me we're spending a 2nd on a over the hill Hopkins then **** about to hit the fan.

So our team, which was already pretty bad in the WR department, lost their best WR in a free agency that isn't expected to produce any legitimate options and the Patriots haven't anyone in mind? No leaks, nothing?

If you're telling me we're spending a 2nd on a over the hill Hopkins then **** about to hit the fan.
Spending a 2nd on Hopkins isn't the best case scenario but it's certainly one of the better scenarios.

Signing Mac Hollins and waiting until the 3rd or the 4th round to address slot receiver is much worse and probably more likely.

So is that what he's waiting for before he forces a trade to the Jets? He can't seriously want them to sign ALL those players, can he? Or is he just asking for one or two on the list?

Myles Bryant hate is overblown. He's been made to step up and fill in for guys at levels he's way out of his depth for and people judge him for his inability to fill those roles. That's not who he is. He's a reserve guy who can be a corner or a safety. I'm fine having him back.

Thats quite a misrepresentation there, Ross. If this was true, most people would be fine.
The problem is - and that was the reality - he was chosen as STARTER last y over Marcus Jones and others.
The other reality is - that everyone except Pats coaches see - he has no business on NFL field.

Im sure hes all every coach ever wanted in a practice player . if they would keep him there (unless theres no one else to dress) nobody would mind..

Maybe the real aim for Rodgers is Belichicks napkin.

Make the Jets sign all his aged friends . and then send them a note (napkin?) hes unfortunately retiring...

Spending a 2nd on Hopkins isn't the best case scenario but it's certainly one of the better scenarios.

Signing Mac Hollins and waiting until the 3rd or the 4th round to address slot receiver is much worse and probably more likely.

If you're improving your team with a 31 year old WR who's already been popped for drugs, while spending a second round pick on him is your solution to fixing the WR issues this team has had for atleast a half decade then I think you're doing it wrong.

None of this even takes into account that there's a real possibility that our OC and Hopkins don't even like each other.

Why would any team let a QB dictate roster decisions like this? Especially a guy who you are likely to only have for one or two years and is coming off his worst year of his career at age 38?

You do realize you are talking about the j-e-t-e, right?

Why would any team let a QB dictate roster decisions like this? Especially a guy who you are likely to only have for one or two years and is coming off his worst year of his career at age 38?
It's the Jete lol

Bill is gonna stockpile the cap and keep the powder dry for next year.
Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

It would be so glorious if the Jets signed all of his buddies on this supposed wish list and then at the last minute he told them “Jk, I’m retiring.”

It’s been 24 hours since the start of the legal tampering period. You never hear about external free agents signing with the Pats prior to the legal tampering period being over. I’m sure Goodell would have a field day if our contract details got out before players could legally sign them. It’s also well-known that the Patriots request confidentiality from the players they speak to until the contract is signed.

There has been complete radio silence in the media about Orlando Brown, James Bradberry and Sean Murphy-Bunting. Pats have plenty of cap space. I’m starting to wonder….
I’m going to correct myself. I went back to this forums’s 2021 free agency thread and saw that the Pats big deals were all known during the legal tampering period. Announced out of the blue? Yes, that’s still true. But when the agreement was reached, it was leaked before the official signing period. So my hopes are dashed on there already being agreements with one or more of those guys. :(

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back