PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

This is awesome.

I like the Bucs odds against Dallas and Minnesota if they are lucky to get them.
If Dallas plays like they played yesterday against Washington, the Bucs will kill 'em. Having said that, I think Dallas is better than what we saw yesterday.

If Dallas plays like they played yesterday against Washington, the Bucs will kill 'em. Having said that, I think Dallas is better than what we saw yesterday.
Yeah I can see the Bucs winning, but as I've stated all year they shouldn't be favored against anybody

My money is on the Bucs making it to the SB. I know it's pure blind homer-ism but seems very doable given the competition.

My money is on the Bucs making it to the SB. I know it's pure blind homer-ism but seems very doable given the competition.
With TB12 there's always a chance.
This team has a lot of issues though it'll take an all time playoff run

Maximum chaos is both the Seahawks and Giants win this week so Bucs host the Giants, then the Bucs host the Seahawks in the NFCCG lmao. It’s so unlikely but man it would be absolutely hysterical.

Todd Bowles described center Robert Hainsey as having a "sore hamstring," leaving door open for him to still play next week against Cowboys. Asked about Ryan Jensen's chances to return if needed, Bowles said he's "status quo" and working hard, but "we'll see" where he is.

Well, now that Rodgers has choked his way out of the postseason, my path for the Bucs has been blown-up.

Here's their new path...

WC beat Dallas
DR beat Minnesota
CG beat Philadelphia

Doable but not as much as the original pathway. Dallas is schizophrenic so we have to get the bad version of themselves. Brady will score 35+ against that putrid Vikings defense. The Eagles are looking more vulnerable now. LFG!?!
are you saying SEA/Geno will beat the 49ers?

are you saying SEA/Geno will beat the 49ers?
No.

I should have said...

WC beat Dallas
DR beat Philadelphia
CG beat Minnesota

But in that scenario, the Vikings beat the 49ers, which is probably crazy talk so I should scrap that.

Here's the new (and final) path with percentages of happening:

WC beat Dallas (60%)
DR beat Philadelphia (45%)
CG beat San Francisco (35%)

Are they better than when they actually played the Bucs this year?

Are they better than when they actually played the Bucs this year?
If we are being honest, Dallas had some games this year where they look absolutely incredible.... but the first game of the season (which was the Bucs game) and the last game of the season, they were atrocious.

Which team will show up Monday night? I guess we'll find out....

If the Bucs win multiple playoff games then likely Brady will need game-winning drives in at least half. Is the team capable of a 4-game winning streak? Can Brady muster a couple more magical comebacks? In what certainly has been a mentally exhausting season.

1. I think Tampa have a huge chance against Dallas. Cowboys are rightfully favourites but they’re noticeably better on defense in indoor stadiums so I think they will struggle in the hot and humid environment. Plus Brady is Brady and the cowboys are the cowboys

2. Eagles - i think they’re a really chance here only because of Jalen being rusty - he would have played one game in over a month of football leading to that game. I really think this is a 50/50 game if the Bucs are good enough to get there

3. 49ers - I can’t build a narrative here. I think 49ers are the best team in football at the moment I really can’t see a flaw in their set up…except maybe Purdy comes crashes down on the second biggest stage!

This is all predicated on the Bucs playing like they did in the Panthers game on Offense and the D doing their job

This is all predicated on the Bucs playing like they did in the Panthers game on Offense and the D doing their job
Bucs are so inconsistent that whether they win each game is almost like a coin toss. SF is the only team that I don't give them much chance.

The main difference in the Panthers game were Brady and Evans were connecting deep and there were a couple big plays from the rbs. On a normal day, the rbs struggle just to get 4 yards. There were still a lot of 1st down runs for minimal yards.

In the Dallas game, I expect to see a lot of 1st down runs up the gut as usual. Cause that's what they do even with a historically bad run game. If Jensen is in, that will hopefully give them an extra yard or two per run up the gut and thus Brady won't have to play too much 3 down Canadian football.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back