PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Not talking about 1 game or TDs overall. Strictly pocket movement and awareness and over the last 2 years. Last year he should of been MVP so clearly I think he's still very elite. Basically agree with your earlier point that he is a bit more stationary and not stepping up as much for whatever reason. Maybe just the nature of how it looks in Tampa too with scheme. Way above my pay grade.
I think there are things around Brady that are causing other things. If your oline is missing 3 players lets say....and they are, then you stepping up is a good way to die, but no I have not seen anything that says he is not doing something he normally does. I mean I am not watching back film looking for everything, but his throws are precise, his reads are on, and he is teaching class to guys who have no idea where to line up while trying to get rid of the ball as fast as he can to not take a negative play.

If his receivers could hold on to the football, he'd be 3-0 with a WR corps that has been, in 2 of the 3 games, probably the worst in the NFL, due to injuries, along with a TE group that has Brate as its #1 and a pair of rookie TEs in behind that. And that's even with that offensive line.

I just don't see how anyone can translate that into something about Brady and theoretical decline.

If anything they should be fearful that the defense looks legit with a revamped secondary and Logan hall looking good. Hell you can see Gage is playing hurt he needs to sit till he’s 100 percent well when Julio/Evans come back. It’s crazy cause when they get full health in a couple weeks the starting WR’s from last game will play like 8 snaps a game

Evans is back this week, probably Julio too (although that won't last), and it sounds like Godwin (the team's true WR1) is getting closer. I liked what I saw out of Beasley so I think he'll stick in the rotation and eliminate Miller. Gage got better this week. With a healthy receiving corps of Godwin, Evans, Jones, Gage and Beasley they'll be back in business offensively. Even with no TE production. They need to get one of their RBs going in the passing game though.

Brady is totally fine and looks like the same quarterback from the last two seasons. I don't see any truly noticeable decline yet. In fact I think he's played really well so far in light of the injuries, new line, new receivers, the receiver drops and fumbles, and the opposing defenses.

The Bucs defense has played well enough to be 3-0 and may be the best defense they've had in the last three seasons. This team is going to win a lot of games... and eventually by comfortable margins.

Yes the OL is a good point which would go back to the point on self preservation.

Edit: I guess my point is he's finally showing his age. I consider 2014-2018 some of the best QB play in NFL history and this is when people were talking about "cliffs". I think finally some part of his game is declining a bit but he's somehow still really good because he may be even more accurate. I think it makes it easier to beat him is my main point I believe. Now of course there are so many injuries and that's a huge factor.
He might be showing his age a little but I think it's more a product of the chaos created by all the injuries and replacements. If they get healthy and or the replacements get up to speed then it should turn around. If it doesn’t then I'll conceded the age thing a little more. He's had temporary struggles before.

Hey, troll who I have on mute. I still see all your laugh emojis that you love to throw around anytime anyone gives Brady credit for anything or isn't willing to blame him for everything. You know I've noticed that practically no one responds to anything you say unless it's regarding your idiotic trolling. You're not popular. Everyone thinks you're an ass. Everyone knows you're a troll. Your reaction scores are not a product of anything poignant you have to say. No, you exist here because people don't like you. Quite a legacy you've built, lol.

Hey, troll who I have on mute. I still see all your laugh emojis that you love to throw around anytime anyone gives Brady credit for anything or isn't willing to blame him for everything. You know I've noticed that practically no one responds to anything you say unless it's regarding your idiotic trolling. You're not popular. Everyone thinks you're an ass. Everyone knows you're a troll. Your reaction scores are not a product of anything poignant you have to say. No, you exist here because people don't like you. Quite a legacy you've built, lol.
barney stinson burn GIF

Looks like they have Ian making landfall in Ft. Meyers (2 hours south of Tampa). If this stands don't see any reason why the SNF game can't be played in Tampa.

Last edited:
Bucs are signing receiver Kaylon Geiger back to their practice squad after he cleared waivers. Played in last two games on special teams.

What are the odds for how long it takes Mac10 to change his handle to Axel5? Lol

SmartSelect_20220928_111552_Firefox.jpg

Bowles said Bucs will practice this afternoon at Dolphins facility, said he expects Chris Godwin and Julio Jones to do something in terms of participation, wasn't sure about Donovan Smith. Still early in the week but progress on injuries.

Bowles said players have family, even pets, with them in Miami this week.

Leonard Fournette said the Bucs don't always get to see teammates with their families, so this week is a chance to see them with their kids, being fathers in a difficult week, staying safe and hoping for the best.

Factoid of the Day: Mike Evans needs 7 yards from scrimmage Sunday night to pass James Wilder (9,449) as the #Bucs career leader in that category.

Kraft should fire Belichick just for his press conference today. I’m really not joking.

Lol I think our friend is overreacting a bit. It was a typical BB press conference. Nothing really was said
I think he is talking about Bill acting like Mac has a toenail fungus instead of a badly sprained ankle.

Bowles said he met with his football-operations people about what Aaron Rodgers might have seen on the @RJStadium big screen that gave the Packers an edge on the #Bucs failed two-point try: "I did (get some clarity), it wasn't a big deal at all," he said.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back