PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Makes sense for Bucs rookie corner Zyon McCollum to make his NFL debut Sunday. He missed second half of preseason with a hamstring injury, but has been practicing for three weeks now, could help at gunner, unless they want to elevate WR Kaylon Geiger off the practice squad again.

Byron Leftwich said getting key players back on offense will help Sunday -- at some points vs. Packers, he said Bucs had eight of 11 guys in the huddle that were young and/or injury replacements. (Basically all but Brady, Fournette, Wirfs).

Tom Brady on lack of continuity on offense: "I certainly expect and hope we can score more points than we've been scoring. I think we're all disappointed."

Just as an aside, I think it would have been much better for the Bucs if these two games (Packers, Chiefs) had been flipped on the schedule.

From the mayor of Tampa:

On another note: we're doing our best to keep the @Buccaneers game here Sunday. I have assured the @NFL that the only disturbance here Sunday is when the Bucs kick ass.

The Tampa Sports Authority informed the NFL Thursday they have all the resources in terms of emergency services, law enforcement, etc. to host Sunday night's game between the Bucs and Chiefs at RJS. It's up to the league now to make the final decision.

Yeah Tampa got mostly spared by a late change in the storms direction.

Just as an aside, I think it would have been much better for the Bucs if these two games (Packers, Chiefs) had been flipped on the schedule.

Unquestionably. Bucs have Evans, Julio, and MAYBE Godwin last week? I strongly suspect the offense does better. Meanwhile yeah the Chiefs win but it’s out of conference so whatever.

The league has confirmed that the game will be played in Tampa, per 98.5.

Unquestionably. Bucs have Evans, Julio, and MAYBE Godwin last week? I strongly suspect the offense does better. Meanwhile yeah the Chiefs win but it’s out of conference so whatever.
Bucs win with just one of those receivers last week

So Brady’s 11 day absence is coming out to not be a vacation with Giselle. It was just him and the kids. Yeah they’re probably done.

Fill that gaping void in your life with football Tom. It’s the only thing that really loves you.

So Brady’s 11 day absence is coming out to not be a vacation with Giselle. It was just him and the kids. Yeah they’re probably done.

Fill that gaping void in your life with football Tom. It’s the only thing that really loves you.
I'm holding out hope for them.
There are couples that break-up at the first sign of trouble and then there are those who try everything they can before calling it quits.

I hope they are the later instead of the former,..but then again they might have already been having issues for years.

I'm holding out hope for them.
There are couples that break-up at the first sign of trouble and then there are those who try everything they can before calling it quits.

I hope they are the later instead of the former,..but then again they might have already been having issues for years.
Wasn't the ex, the mother of his oldest, supposedly with Brady on his vacation?

Seems like the quarterback and the head coach aren't on the same page about the severity of the injury. Year two and Mac already seems a little disgruntled with the organization. Who can blame him?... made to work with Patricia and Judge, his favorite receiver getting squeezed out of the offense, a new offense at that, which isn't exactly helping his INT%. Right now my guess is Mac may not see a second contract in New England.
Seems like Judge was practicing what he preaches on Mac. That is, any top 15 QB can be as successful as Brady in their system. I supposed they think great receivers can just be coached up too. Most of it God given talent like Gronk and AB. Edelman is the exception not the rule.

Their attitude is putting unrealistic high expectations on Mac. Forcing him to make too many big time throws like a top 10 QB and to take too many hits. They are going to ruin the kid expecting him to be like Brady.

Seems like Judge was practicing what he preaches on Mac. That is, any top 15 QB can be as successful as Brady in their system. I supposed they think great receivers can just be coached up too. Most of it God given talent like Gronk and AB. Edelman is the exception not the rule.

Their attitude is putting unrealistic high expectations on Mac. Forcing him to make too many big time throws like a top 10 QB and to take too many hits. They are going to ruin the kid expecting him to be like Brady.
Belichick got a little too full of himself with the ho-hum results of the 2008 season. Yeah 11-5 but you were 16-0 a season prior with the same team (different QB) and a much tougher schedule (i.e. the 2008 schedule was much easier). Cassel had 29 less passing TDs in the same offense... 29!

The height of Belichick's arrogance however can be seen in his "coaching staff"... these clowns... Patricia and Judge. That these two have been tasked with developing your supposed franchise quarterback is an utter disgrace. The Krafts need to wake up and recognize this buffoonery for what it is.

Whenever you've got one person of a married couple saying anything like "It's my turn now", especially if it's out in the public, you can be pretty sure that things are very bad.

The point is the Patriots brain trust should have been able to recognize Brady's potential to play much later into his career. Let's be honest about Belichick on the Brady forum, since the truth and facts are not allowed on the main forum, Belichick's ego got the better of him.

All that anonymous talk of the Patriots being able to win with any top 15 quarterback came from Belichick. He was giddy with drafting Garoppolo... we recall what he said... Brady's age and contract situation. His plan was to move on from Brady (whether Brady could still play or not) and win with another quarterback so he could prove it's all about him. The plan took shape much later than he wanted (hard to get away with moving on from the GOAT while he's literally winning every other Super Bowl) and so far we've gotten a complete debacle with Cam, a 1-4 meltdown with an epically bad playoff performance, and a playbook on how to ruin a young franchise quarterback. Meanwhile Brady's winning at exactly the same clip as he always has. Bill's plan has blown up in his face. And what now?... we're supposed to trust that Matt Patricia and Joe Judge are the men to fix it? Ugh.
Yup, it's very difficult to stay positive with this team right now. I remember meeting a group of Browns fans in a Pats game in Cleveland in 2000. It was BB's first game back to Ohio and I couldn't believe how much the Browns' fans despised him. I know their QB was a hometown favorite that Bill got rid of, but the Pats had the GOAT, so I can sort of see how they felt.

I must say that I don't like the way Bill used his mouthpiece (Lombardi) to criticize Mac Jones right after the kid suffered a severe injury that could have ended his career. But criticizing the coaching staff was a definite no-no. Lombardi thinks they're doing great and that the players are messing up. Who drafted those players anyway?

The worst part about BB (Blunder Bill) sending Brady packing was the SB that the Bucs won the next season with Brady. He now has his 7th SB win but the Pats still only have 6, the same as the Steelers. Every time I see Brady playing for the Bucs I get sick. How the ef did we end up with Bill finishing his career in NE but not Brady?

And finally, when the frig did coaching become so over-rated? It's always been about the players.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back