PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Julio practiced again as did the LT Smith. Godwin had a rest day after practicing yesterday. So it looks like they may have all their weapons back for Sunday

Julio practiced again as did the LT Smith. Godwin had a rest day after practicing yesterday. So it looks like they may have all their weapons back for Sunday
Hopefully the don't rush Godwin back. Rush Jones back since he'll be out half the season either way but it's very likely Godwin is rusty and they lose this game anyway so don't rush him back.

Hopefully the don't rush Godwin back. Rush Jones back since he'll be out half the season either way but it's very likely Godwin is rusty and they lose this game anyway so don't rush him back.
I think they can win this game with Evans/Jones/Gage. They're not going to hold KC to 9 pts like the Superbowl, but David can limit Kelce and the Bucs secondary is much improved. They need to score at least 24 points to win.

I think they can win this game with Evans/Jones/Gage. They're not going to hold KC to 9 pts like the Superbowl, but David can limit Kelce and the Bucs secondary is much improved. They need to score at least 24 points to win.
If they have most of their WRs back plus their LT, 24 points should be automatic. Dare I say to expect 30 plus? They might need to get that to beat KC anyways.

If they have most of their WRs back plus their LT, 24 points should be automatic. Dare I say to expect 30 plus? They might need to get that to beat KC anyways.
Not so sure about KC offense right now. They haven't looked like the juggernaut they did vs AZ. Bucs defense is playing lights out too

Here’s today’s injury report for Bucs and Chiefs. Just a rest day for Chris Godwin …

Fd2pUjNXoAkW5GG

Tom Brady and the Glazer family — owners of the Tampa Bay franchise — have pledged to donate to Hurricane Ian relief efforts in Florida. The Glazer family announced $1 million to organizations providing support to those most impacted by the storm.

So Brady’s 11 day absence is coming out to not be a vacation with Giselle. It was just him and the kids. Yeah they’re probably done.

Fill that gaping void in your life with football Tom. It’s the only thing that really loves you.
While the tabloid gossip that puts this stuff out there is often inaccurate or exaggerated... if this stuff happens to be true... it sounds like Gisele is a whiny, selfish piece of sh*t. "Gotta blow up this entire family because my husband wants to play out the remaining few years left in his stupid historic football career!" -- If Tom retired this or last year... then what, Gisele? They'd be able to do more stupid and vain red carpet events, more time for cheap corny brand deals, commercials, movies they get their names attached to as "producers" despite having no impactful involvement... and speaking at cryptocurrency events? That's actually what she'd prefer Tom's spare time goes towards instead. How about letting your husband and father of your kids play out his final few years of his career on his own terms, uninterrupted aka without guilt tripping him and stirring up drama to weigh on his mind, ya dumb b*tch.

KC has scored 27 and 20 last two weeks and Tampa has better defense than those two teams

With as good as their defense is playing it's hard to agree with "it's very likely they lose this game anyway." Mahomes tore it up in week one but their offense is bogging down a bit now. Their WR corps is weak, unless you're a strong believer in JuJu. Kelce's great but he's the undisputed focal point of their passing game now so let's see how that ages over the course of the season. They can hardly run the ball and certainly won't against the Bucs defensive front. 24 points might win this game and Godwin easily makes that obtainable so I hope they get him out there. If he comes out sore at all then you have Atlanta in week 5 and they probably could win that matchup with Brady throwing to Rudolph, Darden and Blixem.

Todd Bowles says Chris Godwin, Julio Jones, Donovan Smith were limited in practice today and will be a game-time decision on whether they play Sunday vs. Chiefs.

Bowles says WR Breshad Perriman (knee/hamstring) will be doubtful for Sunday and would need a "miraculous" recovery to get back for Chiefs game. Akiem Hicks is the only player ruled out for Sunday.

Bowles on Julio Jones: "He could possibly still play this week. He did some limited things in practice and looked good. With Julio, it's all about how he feels the next two days, as to whether he's going to play on Sunday. Sometimes he has setbacks, sometimes he doesn't."

Sounds to me like the best way to think is to go with Jones, Godwin and Smith being out, and with Evans being the only addition to the lineup this week. That way, anyone else being activated can be looked at as a bonus.

I think Jones plays. Probably gamenship by Bowles. He did say that Jones could've played vs Packers so I don't see any reason for him to not play Sunday. Godwin/Smith are the ?. With Evans/Jones/Gage they should be able to move the ball

Beasley's going to have an extra week of practice under his belt, so I think figuring out which WRs are going to dress is going to be interesting.

Evans
Gage
Darden
???
???
???

If the Bucs had managed to pull out a win last week I’d be way more comfortable being cautious again this week. But if I’m the Bucs a record of 2-2 isn’t ideal.

If the Bucs had managed to pull out a win last week I’d be way more comfortable being cautious again this week. But if I’m the Bucs a record of 2-2 isn’t ideal.
A loss to KC won't really hurt that much though in terms of seeding.

Lmao it’s actually ideal with the amount of injuries they have this is the hardest stretch they’ll have 2-2 with no WRs and your third string LT come on. People were predicting 2-2 before the season started that was with a healthy team other teams should be shaking looking at that defense knowing Evans/Godwin will be back and Beasley will get into game shape they’ll be putting 30+ again in there sleep

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back