PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

It’s just so nuts how Brady continues to be vindicated about literally every single issue he had regarding Belichick for those last couple years on the Pats.

Either BB truly didn't think Brady was good anymore or his ego got in the way. Either way he should of been fired. There is no GM in the world that gets to do what he did and Kraft will regret the fact that he allowed the mystical image of BB win out. Jacked TB12 on contracts for years and allowed his staff to leak absolute garbage to insinuate that they could win with anyone. This doesn't just insult TB12, it insults all the players in the locker room.

Either BB truly didn't think Brady was good anymore or his ego got in the way. Either way he should of been fired. There is no GM in the world that gets to do what he did and Kraft will regret the fact that he allowed the mystical image of BB win out. Jacked TB12 on contracts for years and allowed his staff to leak absolute garbage to insinuate that they could win with anyone. This doesn't just insult TB12, it insults all the players in the locker room.
And hired back the guy who leaked out that garbage about Brady.

On another note I really think it's his last year. What do you all think of his pocket presence the last 12 months? He used to be the best in the league in the pocket. The game is different today, but he just doesn't look good in the pocket to me. His arm and head seem fine but he is very limited by mobility, even climbing up in the pocket. Do you guys agree? If so is he just protecting himself to last the season? Is it limiting his play?

On another note I really think it's his last year. What do you all think of his pocket presence the last 12 months? He used to be the best in the league in the pocket. The game is different today, but he just doesn't look good in the pocket to me. His arm and head seem fine but he is very limited by mobility, even climbing up in the pocket. Do you guys agree? If so is he just protecting himself to last the season? Is it limiting his play?
Brady's pocket movement still looks good to me. About the same it's been the last 5 or so years. Obviously, he's not the same as say 2007. I'm still amazed at Brady's pocket movement from his prime years when I see the hilights.

He is also trying to protect himself until it really matters but he has always done that to some degree. So far he is doing it more than normal cause he can't trust his offensive line yet.

I get annoyed when coaches want their star QB to stand tall in the pocket no matter what,.. then are panicking when their star QB is gone. I feel bad for Mac. I felt McDaniels was doing a good job moving him along and protecting him as a game managing QB. But this year, they threw him in the deep end and expected too much.

Brady's pocket movement still looks good to me. About the same it's been the last 5 or so years. Obviously, he's not the same as say 2007. I'm still amazed at Brady's pocket movement from his prime years when I see the hilights.

He is also trying to protect himself until it really matters but he has always done that to some degree. So far he is doing it more than normal cause he can't trust his offensive line yet.

I get annoyed when coaches want their star QB to stand tall in the pocket no matter what,.. then are panicking when their star QB is gone. I feel bad for Mac. I felt McDaniels was doing a good job moving him along and protecting him as a game managing QB. But this year, they threw him in the deep end and expected too much.
To me he doesn't look the same as even 2017 yet his balls are maybe more accurate or as accurate as they have ever been. Almost like he's made up for it with even more accuracy. He used to climb the pocket and you were done for 25yards yards more. Maybe I'm watching too many highlights on twitter but just seems that now he releases the ball so quickly and accurately that it's insane. It puts alot of pressure on WRs too because the ball is released so early. It was always out fast but now its out faster and going further than ever before.

With Hurricane Ian set to hit Tampa this week, the Buccaneers have moved their practices to South Florida and will use the Dolphins’ facility to practice this week.

Though as of now the game is still set to be played at Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium, the NFL could move it elsewhere. That’s part of why the Bucs have postponed the ceremony to induct former head coach Bruce Arians into the team’s Ring of Honor.

Buccaneers postpone Bruce Arians induction into Ring of Honor - ProFootballTalk

It looks fine to me, he has a horrid oline right now with all those guys out and he is still not taking sacks. His passing grades are top 5, he just doesnt have the production as of yet becuase of the missing pieces and lack of experience of players he is playing with. I saw several times he is trying to direct them all over the place to where they are supposed to be. having 3 olineman and 3 receivers out, does more than just good players, you lose experience in the offense and Brady has to try and tie that together, I mean I just watched him run for an 18 yard gain, so not sure he is less mobile, he broke out of a sack and ran down the field.

I don't get what you're saying here.

Brady has, far and away, the best pocket presence in the NFL. Nobody else is even close.

I didn't think Brady would make it to 45 too but I did think he'd get close.

I thought Brady was in decline during the 2019 season and had just enough left to have one good season in Tampa with a possibility he'd come back for year two as a game manager. Seems like even the biggest Brady boosters got it wrong.
Well he surpassed that, he had 84 td's in 2 years in tampa and his second year was more productive than his first.

I don't get what you're saying here.

Brady has, far and away, the best pocket presence in the NFL. Nobody else is even close.
So you think it's the same as say 2014-2017? I don't see him step up as much as he used to is what I'm saying but I'm not watching game film either. You feel he has the same pocket presence he always has? I feel like he's much more a statue back there where as when he was in NE, even though some people said he was a statue, he was most definitely by far the best player in terms of pocket movement in the league.

Well he surpassed that, he had 84 td's in 2 years in tampa and his second year was more productive than his first.
Not only that, he's releasing the ball faster and further down the field than anyone in the league. Does anyone remember seeing those stats? The ball comes out at top 3 speed in terms of all nfl passers and the depth of target was like #1. I think last year and maybe even the year before.

So you think it's the same as say 2014-2017? I don't see him step up as much as he used to is what I'm saying but I'm not watching game film either. You feel he has the same pocket presence he always has? I feel like he's much more a statue back there where as when he was in NE, even though some people said he was a statue, he was most definitely by far the best player in terms of pocket movement in the league.

You're tossing in multiple things as if they're one.

• Yes, he's more stationary, and less likely to run. That should surprise nobody, though.
  • No, his pocket presence hasn't declined. He's still, far and away, the best in the game.
  • No, he's not stepping up as much

The above makes sense, IMO. It's 2019-like, because it's about the problems with the OL, especially on the middle-left. Just go back to last year, and I think you'll see the difference in movement. It's actually because of his pocket presence and awareness that he's not moving as much. He knows that the LT-LG-C spots aren't holding up, so he knows that he's mostly stuck in place.

You're tossing in multiple things as if they're one.

• Yes, he's more stationary, and less likely to run. That should surprise nobody, though.
  • No, his pocket presence hasn't declined. He's still, far and away, the best in the game.
  • No, he's not stepping up as much

The above makes sense, IMO. It's 2019-like, because it's about the problems with the OL, especially on the middle-left. Just go back to last year, and I think you'll see the difference in movement. It's actually because of his pocket presence and awareness that he's not moving as much. He knows that the LT-LG-C spots aren't holding up, so he knows that he's mostly stuck in place.
Yes the OL is a good point which would go back to the point on self preservation.

Edit: I guess my point is he's finally showing his age. I consider 2014-2018 some of the best QB play in NFL history and this is when people were talking about "cliffs". I think finally some part of his game is declining a bit but he's somehow still really good because he may be even more accurate. I think it makes it easier to beat him is my main point I believe. Now of course there are so many injuries and that's a huge factor.

Yes the OL is a good point which would go back to the point on self preservation.

Edit: I guess my point is he's finally showing his age. I consider 2014-2018 some of the best QB play in NFL history and this is when people were talking about "cliffs". I think finally some part of his game is declining a bit but he's somehow still really good because he may be even more accurate. I think it makes it easier to beat him is my main point I believe. Now of course there are so many injuries and that's a huge factor.

If his receivers could hold on to the football, he'd be 3-0 with a WR corps that has been, in 2 of the 3 games, probably the worst in the NFL, due to injuries, along with a TE group that has Brate as its #1 and a pair of rookie TEs in behind that. And that's even with that offensive line.

I just don't see how anyone can translate that into something about Brady and theoretical decline.

If his receivers could hold on to the football, he'd be 3-0 with a WR corps that has been, in 2 of the 3 games, probably the worst in the NFL, due to injuries, along with a TE group that has Brate as its #1 and a pair of rookie TEs in behind that. And that's even with that offensive line.

I just don't see how anyone can translate that into something about Brady and theoretical decline.
Not talking about 1 game or TDs overall. Strictly pocket movement and awareness and over the last 2 years. Last year he should of been MVP so clearly I think he's still very elite. Basically agree with your earlier point that he is a bit more stationary and not stepping up as much for whatever reason. Maybe just the nature of how it looks in Tampa too with scheme. Way above my pay grade.

Not talking about 1 game or TDs overall. Strictly pocket movement and awareness and over the last 2 years. Last year he should of been MVP so clearly I think he's still very elite. Basically agree with your earlier point that he is a bit more stationary and not stepping up as much for whatever reason. Maybe just the nature of how it looks in Tampa too with scheme. Way above my pay grade.

But you're equating things that aren't pocket presence with pocket presence. We saw, just in this last game, that Brady is fully capable of still sensing pressure, maneuvering in the pocket, slipping tackles, and getting away from pressure.

Bottom line is that I think you're doing what people did in 2013 and 2019, which is to label issues around Brady as being issues with Brady. I could be wrong about this year, and it's at least possible that the receiver/OL issues are currently just aggravating a Brady decline, but nothing about last year indicated that to be the case, IMO.

And that's why the players voted him as the #1 player in the game coming into this season.

Last edited:
Bucs’ practices in Miami are completely closed. Media can’t attend, so we won’t have updates on how anyone looks, participation, etc. … We’ll still have Bowles and players via Zoom interviews.

Lmao what dude was playing with there 3rd string left tackle while starting Perriman and Miller out wide some of y’all gonna be in for a rude awakening when he has his horses back while hanging 30 every week. I don’t care if they lose next week this defense has proved to be elite when Evans/Godwin come back it’s game over

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back