PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

OBJ will be signing with someone at some point in the season. Let's assume Julio continues to be hobbled with injuries (like he always is now) and Gage doesn't become more of (or at all) a factor then I can see OBJ signing with the Bucs. You're probably only getting modest production from Beasley. Brady must like Perriman or he wouldn't be on the roster, they had other options for a WR4, Tyler Johnson for example, but they chose Perriman. He's not a WR1 or WR2 but Brady has gone to him in few key spots over the last two seasons.

The health of the WR corps has obviously been a concern but it's been understated how weak they are in the TE and receiving RB categories.

OBJ is signing with the Rams unless they absolutely tank.

Remember when Brady tampering with the Dolphins was gonna be the biggest legacy defining scandal ever? Oh wait it’s been forgotten for weeks now and no one cares just like I and others with sense said.
rEaL pATriOtS fans do

OBJ will be signing with someone at some point in the season. Let's assume Julio continues to be hobbled with injuries (like he always is now) and Gage doesn't become more of (or at all) a factor then I can see OBJ signing with the Bucs. You're probably only getting modest production from Beasley. Brady must like Perriman or he wouldn't be on the roster, they had other options for a WR4, Tyler Johnson for example, but they chose Perriman. He's not a WR1 or WR2 but Brady has gone to him in few key spots over the last two seasons.

The health of the WR corps has obviously been a concern but it's been understated how weak they are in the TE and

A step down from Welker and Edelman is Amendola. Amendola and Beasley has had similar production over the years, so unless the top receivers come back in full force and healthy, Beasley is going be an important part of the offense.

This is a good summary and film of Beasley and the state of the pass catching group.

It states that there was 9 dropped passes in the NO game! That's there isn't any reliable underneath option (I disagree with Fournette). And Brate was garbage last year and seems to be worse this year.

The Buccaners got one of their injured offensive players back on the practice field Thursday, but they remain without two veteran wide receivers.

Left tackle Donovan Smith practiced for the first time since he hurt his elbow in the season-opening win over the Cowboys. Smith’s replacement Josh Wells went on the injured reserve list this week, so the Bucs would be all the more pleased by the return of the starter to face the Packers.

It looks less likely that they will have wide receivers Chris Godwin (hamstring) and Julio Jones (knee) in the lineup. Both players were out last weekend and have missed both days of practice this week.

Donovan Smith back at practice; Chris Godwin and Julio Jones still out - ProFootballTalk

This is a good summary and film of Beasley and the state of the pass catching group.

It states that there was 9 dropped passes in the NO game! That's there isn't any reliable underneath option (I disagree with Fournette). And Brate was garbage last year and seems to be worse this year.
When this Quisling started following Tamper more closely in 2020 I thought Miller & Brate had untapped potential. I was wrong.

A step down from Welker and Edelman is Amendola. Amendola and Beasley has had similar production over the years, so unless the top receivers come back in full force and healthy, Beasley is going be an important part of the offense.
Maybe. I don't see it once Godwin and Evans are back. Those two should lead the offense in targets by a significant amount. In the meantime, sure, if he's in game-shape, Beasley can help. He's a better option than Miller, who is ok if he runs in a straight line, he has no route running ability.

Obviously Brady isn't happy with the drops. It's probably why he practiced on Wednesday, to give these stiffs more reps.

Fournette isn't exclusively a 3rd down type RB such as Vereen or White... those guys are huge for Brady. Fournette can catch a pass but it's not his natural skill set.

Yes, Brate looks like a bum now. Imagine how bad Rudolph must look in practice if he can't get any Sunday reps over Brate. Otton is playing 50% of the snaps but only has 2 targets and 1 reception. I didn't understand the draft pick at the time... he wasn't that productive in college. Kieft was drafted for his blocking, although I'm curious about their usage of him at FB.

Feels like I'm one of the only ones to see a comfortable Bucs win this weekend.

3-0.

3-0.
In TB I'm taking the Bucs. The Bucs Def always gives Rodgers problems and that was when he had weapons to throw at

Reactions: sb1

3-0.
Nah, you’re not. I picked them as well.

He got the same punishment as a Bills player who punched a coach in the head. Shoving a player to the ground vs punching a coach in the head... is there even a comparison?
The Bills players intent was to punch Jeffrey Simmons, he just missed and ended up striking a coach instead.

I'll give my final pick for the game after I see the final injury report. The Bucs defense has had Rodgers' number but I'm giving them 20 points. Green Bay's defense is pretty good so I think they can cover Perriman, Gage and Miller/Beasley. I'll feel better with even a broken down Julio in the mix. Seems like Godwin will be out for sure.

The Bills players intent was to punch Jeffrey Simmons, he just missed and ended up striking a coach instead.
Well if Hart tried to punch Simmons but knocked out Jane Skinner instead I bet Goodell wouldn't care about intent as much.

Maybe. I don't see it once Godwin and Evans are back. Those two should lead the offense in targets by a significant amount. In the meantime, sure, if he's in game-shape, Beasley can help. He's a better option than Miller, who is ok if he runs in a straight line, he has no route running ability
Game shape is the big question with Beasley. I guess he was only signed to the practice squad so that he can be evaluated. Well if he isn't in game shape, the signing might have been no more than an insurance policy. Might be a useless signing if he doesn't play this week and the top WRs start coming back next week.

Leftwich being Leftwich dude will be exposed when Brady is done might as well play go alone defense vs Tampa when it’s first down

In TB I'm taking the Bucs. The Bucs Def always gives Rodgers problems and that was when he had weapons to throw at
Yup.

Hope the Bucs inflict a lot of pain on them especially knowing who the Pats are playing in week 4 :)

Lots of cool Brady stats and records in this video.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back