PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I find the implication that a possibly distracted Brady in August is some devastating blow to the Bucs who would otherwise be starting Blaine Gabbert at QB this year it he didn’t unretire absolutely hilarious. “Oh no Bucs fans must be furious!”

Nope. Barring family emergency what he's doing is unprecedented.

Oh come on. What else do you expect them to say? You certainly would pray for somebody taking a break to get their personal affairs in order if the outcome directly impacts your livelihood.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him come back and say he's done.
Well I guess we'll disagree on the overreaction part. The team knew about it and the players are okay with it.

That's interesting. There is a possibility of him just being done for good. Been a weird offseason

Joey Knight, who covers the Buccaneers for the Tampa Bay Times, raised this question on Twitter: “If it was planned for a while, why didn’t they tell us that on Day 1 of camp? (‘Hey folks, just a heads up that Tom will miss some time during camp…’). That so easily could’ve dispelled the (warranted) speculation now occurring.”
That’s the problem. The way it was handled invites curiosity. Which results in speculation. As the situation has been explained by the team, it can be anything from a scheduled family surgical procedure to a mid-camp vacation.
Regardless, it’s unprecedented. (Then again, at this point for the 45-year-old Brady, everything is unprecedented.)

It's the usual late-period Brady flim-flam: He's unbelievable/awesome/god-like, just give him a pass when he does things like talking to other team while he's still under contract, or takes 10 days off from work just as the team is trying to gel. I'm sure if you asked every coach on the team if they would prefer it if Tom showed up, they'd all say 'yes'.

Source:

Last edited:
Ok so Florio is back to being good? Ok just checking since this forum flip flops on him each and every time it’s slightly more advantageous to either support or bash him.

Tom Brady was spotted at the cape today. Maybe a trade?

476866139.jpg.0.jpg

Ok so Florio is back to being good? Ok just checking since this forum flip flops on him each and every time it’s slightly more advantageous to either support or bash him.
There is a pattern here with some people when it comes to TB. I've noticed it already

The actual source was a Tampa Bay beat writer, Florio was just amplifying/extending what he had to say.

I thought I made that clear.

Or maybe it's you ignoring that because it's slightly more advantageous for your narrative.

The actual source was a Tampa Bay beat writer, Florio was just amplifying/extending what he had to say.

I thought I made that clear.

Or maybe it's you ignoring that because it's slightly more advantageous for your narrative.

I mean well if a Tampa Bay Bucs beat writer is saying it then yeah that’s must mean it’s unimpeachable. Just like anything Pats beat writer Ben Volin writes.

I mean well if a Tampa Bay Bucs beat writer is saying it then yeah that’s must mean it’s unimpeachable. Just like anything Pats beat writer Ben Volin writes.
That's two messengers you've shot.

Great tactic to use when you have nothing else to contribute.

That's two messengers you've shot.

Great tactic to use when you have nothing else to contribute.

I’m just wondering why the hell you care? Brady should be there and it’s weird he isn’t. It’s not a good thing. But I literally said that last night and yet you barge in here like “haha where’s your God now” and yeah, I’m disappointed he’s not at camp. Ok.

What a load of garbage in this thread.
That's what trolls do.

They cried to have Brady talk removed from the main forum and now they come here to dump on him.

Like I said before, it's no wonder players don't want to play here.

I find the implication that a possibly distracted Brady in August is some devastating blow to the Bucs who would otherwise be starting Blaine Gabbert at QB this year it he didn’t unretire absolutely hilarious. “Oh no Bucs fans must be furious!”
I’m just wondering why the hell you care? Brady should be there and it’s weird he isn’t. It’s not a good thing. But I literally said that last night and yet you barge in here like “haha where’s your God now” and yeah, I’m disappointed he’s not at camp. Ok.
Why do I care? It's a discussion forum. We discuss things. This one is interesting to me. Do I need more reasons?

What I said equates to it's weird he isn't here. It's weird the team knew about it in advance and didn't make a statement before camp so the idea could be socialized while there was less heat on the issue. Yet at the same time his teammates saying he needs prayers suggests it's something more than a planned absence.

The stuff I bolded is just you making exaggerated projections.

To me they're all non-sequiturs ("a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement")...

Tom Brady was spotted at the cape today. Maybe a trade?
No way. Potential THREE WR1 in Evans, Godwin and Julio. And Gage has the potential to be an Amendola/Edelman.

If healthy, this wil be a historic WR group. In 10 days he'll be drooling to get back on the field. But first he's gotta satisfy his 500 million dollar super model wife.

Heck, I'm drooling thinking of all the firepower the Bucs have that I'm starting to forget about Gronk.

Can Brady/Bucs make a run at historic offensive #s to rival 2007 Pats and Manning's Broncos whenever that was? I think they can unless injuries derail things again.

No way. Potential THREE WR1 in Evans, Godwin and Julio. And Gage has the potential to be an Amendola/Edelman.

If healthy, this wil be a historic WR group. In 10 days he'll be drooling to get back on the field. But first he's gotta satisfy his 500 million dollar super model wife.

1118full-gisele-bundchen.jpg

LOL, Giselle is forty. Menopause is not “coming on”. She’s got a few years.

LOL, Giselle is forty. Menopause is not “coming on”. She’s got a few years.

She's 42. She said it was "coming on," she didn't say it was there yet. Obviously, she's referring to perimenopause.

gisele-tom-brady-split-divorce-fighting-02.jpg

Last edited:
There won’t be an update on Ryan Jensen for a bit. The Bucs aren’t putting him on IR until after final cuts, which will keep open the chance of him coming back later this season. Too early to know when that might be right now.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back