PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Your BB/Patriots hatred is well documented, no need to belabor it further. Yes, Brady still might win the NFC despite skipping out on his team for "family balance time." But that says more about the NFC than anything. No matter how you try to rationalize it, what Tom's doing is outrageous.

Maybe be careful about assuming why he’s leaving

Maybe be careful about assuming why he’s leaving

My first thought was his mother's situation, which of course would be an understandable reason to take leave. But other reports have noted nothing of that nature, just "family-work balance time." This has "Gisele" written all over it and lends credence to reports from your collection of Life & Style and OK! magazines.

Well we didn’t learn about his mom’s illness until Brady nearly broke out in tears when I think the Nickelodeon kid asked him who his hero was at the Super Bowl 51 media day.

My first thought was his mother's situation, which of course would be an understandable reason to take leave. But other reports have noted nothing of that nature, just "family-work balance time." This has "Gisele" written all over it and lends credence to reports from your collection of Life & Style and OK! magazines.

I'm not so sure. I tend to believe the teammates over the magazines. But as Rapaport stated if it's a work/life balance thing the magazines could be right

Shoulda stayed with Bridget. Added bonus: should he had ever committed a crime in NYC, the DA's office wouldn't prosecute! No?

Shoulda stayed with Bridget. Added bonus: should he had ever committed a crime in NYC, the DA's office wouldn't prosecute! No?

With Bridget he made 1 Super Bowl and won it. With Giselle he made 7 Super Bowls and won 4. I think everything worked out just fine.

He’s 45. The rules are different.
10 days is a long time though.

Last edited:
Well like I said. If it was legit planned ahead of time and the team knew going in then it’s still annoying but not egregious.
Exactly. If that is all there is to it, there won't be distractions come beginning of the season and that's all that matters.

And if it does turn out to be 10 days of family time in Costa Rica before school starts or whatever then yeah that’s freaking stupid and I’d be pretty disappointed. But hey if it gets Giselle off his back so he can play I guess it’s worth it but it’s kind of embarrassing.
Guess if he spent less time trying to figure out how to get out from his contract in Tampa and join Miami he would have had time to take his family to Disneyland or be with his mom or whatever.

If he's having this much trouble getting his act together (retiring, unretiring, talking to Miami, negotiating with Fox, now taking 10 days off during training camp) you gotta think this is his last season. In his retirement letter he said he didn't want to make that competitive commitment. If anything it'll be worse this time next year.

Giselle sabre rattling her unhappiness is a different situation though.

The fact is Tom wouldn't have become the Goat if he wasn't an obsessive, detailed oriented, workaholic. He won't be able to just switch it off when he retires from football. The fact that this aspect of Brady's personality seems to bother Giselle alot is a huge red flag imo. I hope they work it out at least until the end of the season.

Well like I said. If it was legit planned ahead of time and the team knew going in then it’s still annoying but not egregious.
It is strange that he would leave right as the preseason starts.

"Annoying" and "egregious" are synonyms for Gisele, absent evidence to the contrary. No matter how you cut it, what Tom's doing -- and what the Bucs have enabled -- is unprecedented and potentially detrimental. It sends a terrible message, that if you're a star you can put non-emergency personal matters ahead of the team. Pro athletes have more family "off time" than any other profession, the trade-off being that your "on" time makes you beholden to the livelihoods of dozens of others. That's especially true in the case of quarterback/team leader/face of the franchise.

Last edited:
Giselle sabre rattling her unhappiness is a different situation though.

The fact is Tom wouldn't have become the Goat if he wasn't an obsessive, detailed oriented, workaholic. He won't be able to just switch it off when he retires from football. The fact that this aspect of Brady's personality seems to bother Giselle alot is a huge red flag imo. I hope they work it out at least until the end of the season.
Something made him write that retirement statement he put out on social media.

Personally I think it was a combination of his desire to try to make Giselle and the rest of the family happy, plus his own unhappiness with the Tampa / Arians situation that made him do it.

I wouldn't blame her for feeling jerked around by his retirement then his un-retirement.

No one forced him to use the words he did: "I'm not going to make that competitive commitment". He could have said something a lot less specific.

Now, taking 10 days off just as the team is trying to gel makes one wonder if he's still having a problem making that commitment.

Giselle and the kids should be careful of what they wish for. Having a obsessive detail oriented workaholic around the house full time is going to be quite a change to their lives.

"Annoying" and "egregious" are synonyms for Gisele, absent evidence to the contrary. No matter how you cut it, what Tom's doing -- and what the Bucs have enabled -- is unprecedented and potentially detrimental. It sends a terrible message, that if you're a star you can put non-emergency personal matters ahead of the team. Pro athletes have more family "off time" than any other profession, the trade-off being that your "on" time makes you beholden to the livelihoods of dozens of others. That's especially true in the case of quarterback/team leader/face of the franchise.
Overreaction.

The teammates are fine with it which is what truly matters. And by what White says it sounds more like an issue than a vacation.
Bucs LB Devin White says, “On the inside we know what’s going on. We know our quarterback’s good. We’re just praying for him and let him handle his business.”
I'm pretty sure you don't pray for somebody on a vacation lol

You do if their mom is sick, OR if they are having huge marital problems.

None of these fall under the category of "business" though.

Hard to tell which is going on.

Lots of smoke, must be fire underneath.

There'd be a lot less questions if he, ya know, just showed up for work.

Overreaction.

Nope. Barring family emergency what he's doing is unprecedented.

The teammates are fine with it which is what truly matters. And by what White says it sounds more like an issue than a vacation.

Oh come on. What else do you expect them to say? You certainly would pray for somebody taking a break to get their personal affairs in order if the outcome directly impacts your livelihood.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him come back and say he's done.

Last edited:
I think we can rule out vacation...

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes