PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

Jerome Ford….nice pick

I’m surprised Baltimore didn’t make an inquiry. They had 6 picks in the 4th. Why not throw one away.

Could’ve traded a 4th for Harry and a 6th. 3rd.
FIFY

Harry will be playing for his 10Mill 5th year option life. :rolleyes:

So a 1st round ol is not addressing depth? A couple linebackers on the team that did not play last year means they are bad or do not exist?
A first round OL likely addresses starter. Wynn is gone next year, hopefully Trent Brown makes it a full year. Sure could have used some depth there. I will agree on the LBs with McGrone. They know much more than we do what they have there. I was more wanting to address the edge and run defense. Maybe my initial post was a bit harsh, just saw bigger needs than a backup QB.

Bucs get Mccullom. Go ahead Buc fans celebrate. I know some of you are lurking on this thread. Show yourselves!

A first round OL likely addresses starter. Wynn is gone next year, hopefully Trent Brown makes it a full year. Sure could have used some depth there. I will agree on the LBs with McGrone. They know much more than we do what they have there. I was more wanting to address the edge and run defense. Maybe my initial post was a bit harsh, just saw bigger needs than a backup QB.
Yes when is definitely gone next year…… But can he stay healthy and off the IR this year is the question… The guy is always getting injured

I don't mind the attempt in the 2nd to get a fast WR - every WR is a gamble. I don't mind going after 2 CB's, because we're going to need more talent there... but getting a very average RB and a non-athletic JAG QB in the 4th is INSANE! It felt like one of these purposeful wasted drafts going into it, and BB hasn't disappointed. He's just throwing at the dartboard and trying to piss everyone off and stroke his ego of "I don't need the draft, I'm brilliant". So dumb. You could be taking stabs at OT's or EDGE guys, or DT's or more WR's even.... but QB in the 4th???
"very average RB" that just happens to be the fastest RB (4.37s 40) in this draft?? WTF? And a developmental QB with Mac-like attributes and 6K yards and 62-10 TD:INT ratio is wasteful? You're a Stidham/Hoyer fan? Off to Ignore with you...

So this draft has been closer to standard draftnik orthodoxy (although our local draftniks would always want to draft everybody we drafted after they were taken....) So therefore, it's safer from BB's perspective, it's "more collaborative" to use our recent lingo, and even when a guy isn't supposed to land real high, we've gone after a couple workout warriors (track stars) and that makes me feels good. I can hang my hat on it and say "and I think I see intangibles that make them more than just a track star." Fingers crossed and I FEEL great about this draft.

And we all know the downsides... jones w injuries, jones according to nfln has off the field issues, thornton has knocks against his hands...

Here's my extra thing to worry about, what if we're worse at this when we're trying not to make people scratch their heads, we just had a good first year of that approach?

Ok I just figured why not throw that one in on the random worry pile.

Two punters already gone. Pats need to be aggressive to get their guy.

LOL, 3:56 was a little lucky :D
Yeah he had a heck of a game against that powerhouse UT Martin!!!! Jk …..Welcome to the Pats Zappe

Reactions: Ian
LOL, 3:56 was a little lucky :D
I made some money betting against WKU , because D was trash, but man this guy kept coming back and had me pulling my hair out at times.

Not that fast - 4.37 40 is good, not great. Fastest among the current backs, though. I wonder if he is a pass catcher.
How many RBs in the NFL run better than 4.37 40?

Kyren Williams & Kyle Phillips gone.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back