PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

I hope so. As people keep pointing out there are many areas of need, so bringing in many prospects to cover those areas of need seems like a good idea.
But most of the people saying this are idiots. They have a few places of need that will probably be filled with free agents or with trades. Do you think Flowers and Hicks on the D line would help it more than the end of the round 4th and 5th round picks? How many wide receivers do you think they can actually carry? How many more defensive backs would you like them to add?

True that's a good point. The only rebuttal I could offer would be that Tom Brady won a ring, as where Mac is rookie whose team lost in the wild card round.
so maybe buying insurance against Mac being a flash in the pan who never wins a playoff game might be a good idea.

Not to sound overly negative, but I will be watching Zach Tom (140) vs Cole Strange (29) for their careers. I really thought Tom would be a Patriot. It was a lock as far as I was concerned, the same way I felt about Marcus Jones. I would have preferred a top CB or EDGE at 29, and Tom at 121 (instead of Jack Jones). Watch me be as wrong as can be -- but I've written down my prediction, so we can all revisit this as a hot take if I'm way off in my evaluations, haha.

My dream was to get Josh Paschal, Travis Jones, and Leo Chenal to fix our run defense. I'm pretty okay with the rest of the picks, though. I think we got good players at most positions.

Chiefs having a great darft as well, welp rich getting richer

No I agree, let’s forget all those areas we need help at and solidify that backup QB.
So a 1st round ol is not addressing depth? A couple linebackers on the team that did not play last year means they are bad or do not exist?

Name one player available in this draft that has impacted an NFL game?

it’s all paper impact, no assurance any one of them won‘t wash out.
My bad. Wrong usage. I mean more highly touted with upside, late round players like Tariq woolen, goedeke etc.

waiting till 6th is futile. Package Harry, stidham and agholor if need be to go up.

But most of the people saying this are idiots. They have a few places of need that will probably be filled with free agents or with trades. Do you think Flowers and Hicks on the D line would help it more than the end of the round 4th and 5th round picks? How many wide receivers do you think they can actually carry? How many more defensive backs would you like them to add?
Totally with you.

I want to see Flowers and Hicks back here, competing for their professional lives with hungry rookies motivated to show that they’re better than a sixth round pick. Same for the crowded WR room. And the DBs, etc. May the best players win. And of course, the team and fans win from that too.

It’s the QB. They had Dilfer, Grbec, Boller, Jump Ball Joe, and Lamar over the years. Never had an elite QB. Still managed to win 2 SBs despite that because of the other players and the coaching. If they had the elite QB, they’d be a monster franchise.

If pigs could fly they would be birds. Really? If then they would be a monster franchise?

My bad. Wrong usage. I mean more highly touted with upside, late round players like Tariq woolen, goedeke etc.

waiting till 6th is futile. Package Harry, stidham and agholor if need be to go up.
Ok, sounds good. I don’t agree, but respect your point. I’d rather get more prospects and see who takes advantage of the opportunity. Seems to me the more highly touted players at the point in the draft are all flawed and thus equally high risk. So I’ll prefer the guys who aren’t touted and may have a chip on their shoulder and a better work ethic. YMMV of course.

Qb supposedly a poor man's Mac, good processor, sounds like a good long term backup who can play the same o A Mac

Agree. I do not think the Pats will carry 4 QBs, so I assume some franchise that loses a starting QB in preseason will trade for Stidham. Noone will trade for Hoyer and Hoyer would not want to leave (family).

Isabella for Harry please.
Chris have you noticed how none of your predictions and wants ever come true? Maybe you're jinxing the team. That's it. It's your fault. Lol

We keep calling but Arizona refuses to pick up the phone.
Same problem could be with other teams, when everybody on this board says we should just trade up or down maybe the other 31 teams have the Patriots caller ID blocked.

There is the word analysts. How do they know more then a teams scouts on what the team looks for in a player? Or in a position? Or what other teams think of a player? How many times have the analysis thought someone was a reach then comes out another team wanted the player a few picks later?
That’s a good point… At the time I remember all the analysts saying that N’Keal harry was going to be one of the greatest superstars for the next decade… And look how that worked out

Agree. I do not think the Pats will carry 4 QBs, so I assume some franchise that loses a starting QB in preseason will trade for Stidham. Noone will trade for Hoyer and Hoyer would not want to leave (family).
Agreed. Sounds to be a very likely scenario. And if Stid isn’t traded by final cutdown I’m betting he sticks and Hoyer retires, maybe to a coaching gig.

Ok, sounds good. I don’t agree, but respect your point. I’d rather get more prospects and see who takes advantage of the opportunity. Seems to me the more highly touted players at the point in the draft are all flawed and thus equally high risk. So I’ll prefer the guys who aren’t touted and may have a chip on their shoulder and a better work ethic. YMMV of course.
All I am saying is package nkeal with 7th/6th round and move to 5th and get the player you want.

Why are we still holding to players like Harry or stidham who will be getting cut. Unless nobody is interested in them.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back