PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the media team be so bold to share the video of the Pats war room when it’s decided they are taking Strange? How many scouts will be standing there silent with their jaws on the floor?

Wasn’t Booth still available? We desperately need talent at the cornerback position.

I’ve longed to see what Bill could do when he actually had talent on Defense.

Although they were old, 2003 was pretty much the only year.

AJ Brown got traded for picks...we STILL have N'Squeal...welcome to the AFC doormat....LOOK at the players we could have had at 21 and then tell me THIS makes farging sense?

Wasn’t Booth still available? We desperately need talent at the cornerback position.

I agree with this. Strange is not a bad pick, but not what we really needed. Hill or Elam would have been great IMO. I am not a Booth fan.

Pats need to move on from BB having any input in the draft. If he wants to coach a few more years to beat Shula’s record fine. But the drafting has been a joke for a while now.

Should we deactivate your account then? What’s the deal here lol
Go ahead…while
You’re at it, head over to bill’s house and give him a night cap

It’s not like they couldn’t stop a team from scoring everytime they touched the ball…..

They might lose 100-0 toBuffalo next year.

31 reps on the bench press is serious. I think Zion had 32. Johnson III had 26 o 27. Strange will be a solid player for us - nothing amazing but not a bust. Strange and Onwenu are better than Karras and Mason from 2021.
Could simply be that Mason was a RG but not a LG, and Onwenu is a RG or a RT but doesn’t do well on the left either. They move Mason, save money, replace him with Onwenu with hopefully no real drop off and then hope Strange can be as good as Karras soon at LG and then eventually better.

BB is a has been who hasn't won a playoff game since 2018 and each season is getting worse. Your obviously won of those fans that thinks it's the old days when the Pats will turn it on and win 12+ games and the division.......WAKE UP!! It's all over, there is NO MORE BB Magic....the magic left and went to Tampa....BB GOTTA GO.
2021 was worse than 2020?

I know everyone is going to get all pissy with me but I hate what we did tonight. Had some day one starters who would have injected immediate youth and athleticism at corner and LB in McDuffie and Johnson. Instead we traded out and let them land in KC and NY and we ended up with a small school guard and some depth picks. Interior offensive line has always been filled with mid to later rounders and UDFAs on super bowl winning teams. Dan Connelly, Stephen Neal, Bryan Stork, David Andrews, Dan Koppen, Shaq Mason, Josh Kline, Ryan Wendell. All interior lineman drafted mid rounds or not at all who started on super bowl teams.

Pretty happy with the player.

Not very happy with the value.

Meh.

Despite putting too much time in the process . we still have no idea of the value.

You'd probably be the same meh if Pats chose Thuney with #29 after a trade down . now in hindsight - what would be the real value of that?

Im happy with the pick - it was always OL for me - have put him on my list of “picks that makes sense“ in the first 2 rounds.

Legit prospect to play all 5 positions at NFL level - his starting point being what he mostly played and what Pats need now - LG.

And lets revisit who is a better/more valuable player - Cole or Zion - in 5 years..

and BTW don't give me that "deep 2nd and 3rd rounds!" crap...LOOK! Uche..POS...oh boy, we're a gonna git sum more UCHES!!! You win TODAY with STAR POWER! THAT is what has changed the last five years...Pats are stuck in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back