PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ODB potentially on trade block - Giants want TWO first round picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know part of negotiation is to start by asking for the moon. But this cracked me up. Two firsts for an absolute head case/locker room cancer and at the most easily filled skill position.

If you are Bill would you trade our first round pick and that 49ers pick, or next years first, likely to be in the mid to low twenties? I wouldn't. Then again, I'm not sure I would want him at any price. He's a hell of a receiver, but he's not on the level of Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Jerry Rice, etc. To me, the talent does not justify the headaches.

Report: Giants want two first-round picks for Odell Beckham Jr.

That just means they don’t want to trade him unless it’s an offer they can’t refuse

They will be lucky to get a second IMO because of the off-field aspect of him

Having said that, I would trade Cooks for him straight up tomorrow

Pointless to trade for him I remember he said something like he won't play for any team unless he gets extended/gets new contract

Pointless to trade for him I remember he said something like he won't play for any team unless he gets extended/gets new contract

His antics are going to make it hard for him to get paid top dollar. Maybe impossible.

Having said that, I would trade Cooks for him straight up tomorrow

How would Ghost be able to practice/keep a peace of mind on the sideline?

screen-shot-2016-09-25-at-1-12-51-pm.jpg

I wouldn't trade for him for a 7th round pick, because of the cap hit. And I don't know what the cap hit is.
Look up "New England Patriots Player Profile" and you'll see his picture as the first entry for antonym.

Guess they aren't really trying to Trade him.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't trade for him for a 7th round pick, because of the cap hit. And I don't know what the cap hit is.
Look up "New England Patriots Player Profile" and you'll see his picture as the first entry for antonym.
It's the same as Cooks' cap hit. If this absurdity of a trade occurred (OBJ to Pats), I'd assume Cooks would be involved or sent elsewhere.

I know part of negotiation is to start by asking for the moon. But this cracked me up. Two firsts for an absolute head case/locker room cancer and at the most easily filled skill position.

If you are Bill would you trade our first round pick and that 49ers pick, or next years first, likely to be in the mid to low twenties? I wouldn't. Then again, I'm not sure I would want him at any price. He's a hell of a receiver, but he's not on the level of Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Jerry Rice, etc. To me, the talent does not justify the headaches.

How is our 2019 in the mid to low 20s?

I want to have unlimited access to Robert Kraft's bank account...

Do we really need another OBJ thread? I mean, doesn't this fit under the general "OBJ on the trading block" thread?

In other words: we really want to get rid of this guy, but let's pretend like we're not desperate by throwing out an absurd starting point.

Thankfully, you can't.
Cooks is a #2...speedster who doesn’t take over games because of his size. Also rarely wins 50/50 balls which irritates me. Nice complimentary piece but I would’t be upset if Bill moved him before the season. Why? Dude will want #1 money..nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back