PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ODB potentially on trade block - Giants want TWO first round picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell has bad knees, Dorsett hasn't done a damn thing in three NFL seasons, and Patterson's a special teamer and gimmick guy.
You expect more from the guys competing for WR4?

If that's the case the WR Position is an actual NEED can't bank on uncertainties.
You can when you have 4 veterans competing for wr4. That’s the classic example of being able to bank on uncertainties.

Apples to oranges. Haynesworth was lazy. OBJ has the work ethic.

Nonsense

For everyone saying this guys a cancer and has attitude/drama issues, that’s what they all said about Moss too. How’d that turn out?

Last edited:
You expect more from the guys competing for WR4?

I don't expect anything from them. I was replying to a poster who seemed to suggest their presence made someone like Cooks or Beckham unnecessary.

I don't expect anything from them. I was replying to a poster who seemed to suggest their presence made someone like Cooks or Beckham unnecessary.
Gotcha. We are fine where we are with cooks Edelman hogan and a group of ?s that stands a good chance of adding up to an effective wr4/5 when the competition shakes out. We certainly don’t want to move one of the top 3.

I know that I wouldn't do that deal...and I'm not exactly waving Pom Poms for Cooks.
jester.gif

Beckham is a psychopath. He doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone but him.
Insane.gif

The Patriots have won 5 Championships via Chain Movers like Troy Brown, Deion Branch, David Patten, Julian Edelman, and Danny Amendola Rock'n'Rolla leading the way.

Mad Bill ain't perfect, but he seems to've learned the crippling effects of dumping a huge chunk of your salary cap on "#1" WideOuts...this goes beyond Beckham's lunacy.

Having the capacity to retain the services of a deep roster of Role Players often makes the difference between competing...and winning it all...and nothing strips your roster as completely of'm as dumping $20 Million on a Prima Donna. Pass.
th_coffee.gif

Having ****ty wideouts has also cost the Patriots potential Super Bowls in the past. The potential for a Reche Caldwell Redux in the future is real. They're going to have to pay Cooks or be stuck with a geriatric Edelman and aging Hogan and nobody waiting in the wings. Ask the Panthers what it's like to be stuck with nobody capable of playing the position.

Well, no kidding.
spock.gif

Is anyone arguing against having someone who can catch the ball?? o_O

I'm talking about Beckham, specifically. I can't imagine what your point was.
spock.gif

1.) I dont think he is significantly better then cooks.

2.) He's going to ask for #1 WR money, so we are looking at 16-20 mil per year avergage, the patriots don't have the space.

3.) the giants want 2 first rounders.

the above are the three reasons why i don't think the patriots have any chance of making this trade.

2.) He's going to ask for #1 WR money, so we are looking at 16-20 mil per year avergage, the patriots don't have the space.

the above are the three reasons why i don't think the patriots have any chance of making this trade.
I agree with 2/3rds of your statement. However, OBJ is in fact significantly better than Cooks. Talent wise. Not factoring in intangibles.

Isn’t OBJ going to be a free agent next year? Why trade 2 first rounders for a 1 year rental?

Isn’t OBJ going to be a free agent next year? Why trade 2 first rounders for a 1 year rental?

True but that team likely will pay him a nice contract. They will have that cap space.

I think his days as a giant are numbered. I think they settle for a first and 3rd rounder.

True but that team likely will pay him a nice contract. They will have that cap space.

I think his days as a giant are numbered. I think they settle for a first and 3rd rounder.

I’ll take him for a third rounder. Nothing more, knowing he’ll take off next year. If the Rams want him, let them have him for a first and third.

Beckham's better than cooks but both have been productive since being drafted in 2014. I would say cooks's better than Sammy Watkins whose getting a ton of money.

Bottom line the patriots don't pay big money unless your name's Tom brady. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back