PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ODB potentially on trade block - Giants want TWO first round picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having ****ty wideouts has also cost the Patriots potential Super Bowls in the past. The potential for a Reche Caldwell Redux in the future is real. They're going to have to pay Cooks or be stuck with a geriatric Edelman and aging Hogan and nobody waiting in the wings. Ask the Panthers what it's like to be stuck with nobody capable of playing the position.

I think we will be ok at WR....Malcolm Mitchell is young and talented, Dorsett is still young and loaded with potential, Patterson is a capable WR3-4....and I’m sure we could add another good WR in draft or FA in next 1-2 years once Edelman nears retirement

What is your definition of a true WR1?
First read option on pass down and ultimate WR targeted playmaker. More QB targets than 2, 3, slot or TE.
I get where you are going but #1 WR are players like Moss, Dez (a few years ago), Rice, pre injury Jordy Nelson, Megatron, Hopkins, talent like that. Our #2 guy is more slot and morphed to a #1 in some case like Welker.
Someone else brought up Dillon. Makes OBJ look like a Boy Scout. Haynesworth will never get the Noble Peace Prize.

Now lets be honest, How many of you wanted to trade for Josh Gordon!?

I can't stand OBJ's attitude but the second he gets traded here or signs, there is an obvious understanding that the Pats will not stand for B.S. day one. If he embraces that thought process (and maybe Lane's "no fun" comment that might actually help us in the fact that if he loves football, this is the place to go)

We are "The Monastery of football" (should I trademark this?). You take a vow when you sign a contract with the Pats.....but then again some "monks" have left the Monestery like Mr. Collins, Seymour et.al.
DW Toys

I think we will be ok at WR....Malcolm Mitchell is young and talented, Dorsett is still young and loaded with potential, Patterson is a capable WR3-4....and I’m sure we could add another good WR in draft or FA in next 1-2 years once Edelman nears retirement
Thinking Mitchell might be done. They might keep him on the depth chart but his plays are numbered. Hope I am wrong.

His knees are bad before we Drafted him.
DW Toys

Trade him to a ****hole where he's never gonna win and will play with a crap QB, and with an ugly jersey. Can't think of better places than Cleveland and Cincinatti.

This is a fine idea.

I wouldn’t want obj in any case but defenitely would not trade cooks for him. Cooks don’t take his helmet off and get a penalty every td. Does not talk to nets either

He is only under contract this year. Unless the acquiring team was assured he would be under a long -term contract with them I don't see the Giants getting several high picks for him.
Only place he could go that makes sense......J.E.T.S.....Jets,Jets, Jets. They have the money. Nobody wants to play for them as a FA, so trade is the answer.
Right now the Jets have 2 new FA WR they got that were flops on their last Team. Two decent young Safeties, They have one decant D Lineman and one decent O lineman. They have no face of the franchise.
Makes too much sense. Would the third pick of the Draft excite the Giants? Does signing OBJ and trading for Foles say for a fourth this year and a second in 2019 do the job? OBJ is only 25.

The Jets have whiffed on FAs even though they have the $ like Cousins and Suh. The fans must have arched eyebrows on that development. Trade for OBJ.
DW toys

I will throw this out there:

Would you trade Cooks and the late 2nd for him? Or perhaps the 3rd rounder..
Why throw a pick. Giants might grab Cooks and say done deal.
DW Toys

Lol. Me, I'm fine keeping Gronk and Cooks.

Offense wasn't why we lost. I'm more interested a big trade to upgrade defense.
Haynesworth was never trouble here, He no longer wanted to do this.
DW Toys

First read option on pass down and ultimate WR targeted playmaker. More QB targets than 2, 3, slot or TE.
I get where you are going but #1 WR are players like Moss, Dez (a few years ago), Rice, pre injury Jordy Nelson, Megatron, Hopkins, talent like that. Our #2 guy is more slot and morphed to a #1 in some case like Welker.
Someone else brought up Dillon. Makes OBJ look like a Boy Scout. Haynesworth will never get the Noble Peace Prize.

Agree but that seems like OBJ to me

Now lets be honest, How many of you wanted to trade for Josh Gordon!?

Me! As long as he produces and stays on the field (aside from murder, rape, wife beating and being a pedo) I don't care.

I can't stand OBJ's attitude but the second he gets traded here or signs, there is an obvious understanding that the Pats will not stand for B.S. day one. If he embraces that thought process (and maybe Lane's "no fun" comment that might actually help us in the fact that if he loves football, this is the place to go)

Agree. I can't stand OBJ but if BB gets him it is what it is. I'll go along with it

We are "The Monastery of football" (should I trademark this?). You take a vow when you sign a contract with the Pats.....but then again some "monks" have left the Monestery like Mr. Collins, Seymour et.al.
DW Toys

You absolutely need to trademark that.

Damage is done.
Fact that Giants are open to trade talks might make OBJ feel unappreciated and who knows how he acts out especially if has to remain with Jints. Get Cruise Ship, Posse & weed ready and put away all Kicking Nets.

Mitchell has bad knees, Dorsett hasn't done a damn thing in three NFL seasons, and Patterson's a special teamer and gimmick guy.

If the rams get OBJ, Talib, Suh, and Peters in one off season....color me impressed

If the Pats do their homework Scouting wise this might be as good a Draft as any to get a really good WR in the Second or Third. With quite a few QB's going in the First that's going to push some of the other skill positions players down the board.

Mitchell has bad knees, Dorsett hasn't done a damn thing in three NFL seasons, and Patterson's a special teamer and gimmick guy.

If that's the case the WR Position is an actual NEED can't bank on uncertainties.

If the Pats do their homework Scouting wise this might be a good a year as any to get a really good WR in the Second or Third. With quite a few QB's going in the First that's going to push some of the other skill positions players down the board.

This draft has a couple huge red zone threats 6’4 Sutton and 6’5 brown...each might fall to 31. Tough to pass up on talent like that

This draft has a couple huge red zone threats 6’4 Sutton and 6’5 brown...each might fall to 31. Tough to pass up on talent like that

I know what you're saying NG but you know we ain't shopping for the groceries. The Patriots last First Round WR Terry "Rip" Glenn.:eek:

If there were any way it could make financial sense, I’d be all for it.

Think he’d be a bit cheaper coming off that gruesome injury?

I will throw this out there:

Would you trade Cooks and the late 2nd for him? Or perhaps the 3rd rounder..
Cooks and a 3rd... probably. Maybe the Giants throw in a 5th rounder.

They'd have to talk with him beforehand to agree to play out his final year and not hold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes