PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ODB potentially on trade block - Giants want TWO first round picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having said that, I would trade Cooks for him straight up tomorrow

having said this, if you had control the patriots would be the browns and go 0-16 or 1-15 every year.

having said this, if you had control the patriots would be the browns and go 0-16 or 1-15 every year.
To be fair, if anybody on this forum had control of the Pats, we’d be 0-16 every year.

I agree with 2/3rds of your statement. However, OBJ is in fact significantly better than Cooks. Talent wise. Not factoring in intangibles.

OBJ averages 15 more yards a game. imo, that isn't worth the 4-5 million more a season he would require, on top of the complete diva attitude.

To be fair, if anybody on this forum had control of the Pats, we’d be 0-16 every year.

Not likely

You'd pretty much have to set out to have an 0-16 team to end up with one while Brady's still Brady.

No way dude, I'm really good at running a professional team.

IMHO, the Giants could get a #1 if ODB is willing to negotiate a contract with the new team beforehand. By definition, this means that ODB would be cooperating with the process. BTW, this is also true for Dez Bryant.

OBJ averages 15 more yards a game. imo, that isn't worth the 4-5 million more a season he would require, on top of the complete diva attitude.

If you're judging a WR's play based on YPG, you're making an impressively stupid argument.

I agree about the attitude. All I’m saying is that OBJ is much than Cooks. 50/50 balls, runs entire route tree, can take over games whether double/triple covered, large hands, faster with ball in hands, can beat press man coverage etc. Not debatable. I’m not saying we should trade for him, just stating facts.

Not likely

You'd pretty much have to set out to have an 0-16 team to end up with one while Brady's still Brady.
Honestly, if somebody from this forum were the Pats’ coach, Brady probably wouldn’t even be the QB anymore lol.

I agree about the attitude. All I’m saying is that OBJ is much than Cooks. 50/50 balls, runs entire route tree, can take over games whether double/triple covered, large hands, faster with ball in hands, can beat press man coverage etc. Not debatable. I’m not saying we should trade for him, just stating facts.

You're saying he does all that stuff, but the numbers don't lie. 15 yards per game more then cooks. If "taking over a game" means catching one extra ball, then I think we need to re-evaluate what "taking over a game" means.

I think that a lot of teams would give a first, plus a bit more to sign ODB, subject to being able to sign a new deal with him within a week.

You're saying he does all that stuff, but the numbers don't lie. 15 yards per game more then cooks. If "taking over a game" means catching one extra ball, then I think we need to re-evaluate what "taking over a game" means.
What the hell does 15 YPG more have to do with being a better receiver??? Use the eye test. Im sure you’ve seen them both play....I’m not knocking Cooks AT ALL. He’s a hell of a receiver. I’m simply saying that there is nothing he does better than OBJ. Just comparing each respective WR’s talent. It ain’t close.

they will trade him to SF next year for a 2nd rounder

What the hell does 15 YPG more have to do with being a better receiver??? Use the eye test. Im sure you’ve seen them both play....I’m not knocking Cooks AT ALL. He’s a hell of a receiver. I’m simply saying that there is nothing he does better than OBJ. Just comparing each respective WR’s talent. It ain’t close.

omg not the eye test nonsense again.

I said i don't think hes significantly better then cooks.

My criteria for that is that OBJ only gets 15 MORE yards per game then cooks.

What does 15 yards per game matter you say? Well sir, A football fan would say that it matters because you win games BY MOVING THE FOOTBALL OBJ moves it a grand total of 15 MORE yards per game then cooks, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE CAPABLE OF MATH thats less then a SINGLE catch for cooks.

per game.

in conclusion 15 yards per game is not significantly better. You're eye test is flawed, you are taking it through rose colored glasses.

I want a pony.

Never understood the idea that he's a locker-room cancer. Based on what evidence?

Clearly he's a very emotional and passionate player who wears his heart on his sleeve, and at times that emotion comes out in toxic, unproductive ways. But to say he's a locker-room cancer is distinct from losing control of one's enotions. There are plenty of players who, despite having emotional outbursts at times, were still strong leaders and had a positive influence on team chemistry and morale.

Has there been rumors that he's causing strife within the Giants locker-room, or is that just an unfounded assumption based on OBJ's inability to keep his emotions in check at times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes