Not open for further replies.

Gwedd

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have had a relapse of my kidney cancer. Coupled with the self-quarantine, it's made life interesting.

Mostly, it's the drugs that are impacting my posting/commenting, etc. I just feel like I've finished an 18-game season and want to lay about. But, things still have to get done. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. Fortunately,I have a home healthcare worker who comes by 3 times a week,and her assistance is invaluable.

The good news is that the cancer hasn't spread, and was caught quickly enough that it should be fully treatable and eradicated. The bad news is that while the meds they use are wonderful, their side effects suck big time. Ispent the entire draft on my couch, with a bottle of Tums and a bottle of water to stay hydrated. I wanted to comment, but just couldn't draw up the energy to do so.

However, I've been lurking, and trying to keep up with the posts, eat right, hydrate, and beat this damned disease again.

I appreciate, TRULY appreciate all the great folks on this board, and especially Ian for keeping it up and running. Hopefully, everything will be fixed by August when the season starts.

Best wishes to all, and GO PATS!

Welcome back! Sounds like they caught it in time, which is excellent news!

Stay positive my man. This board is better with you here.

Kick it’s ASS. Rest, eat, hydrate and sleep. That’s how your body heals. Force yourself to move around when you feel tired, it actually helps. Feel better man and keep fighting the fight!!!

Hey All,

I have had a relapse of my kidney cancer. Coupled with the self-quarantine, it's made life interesting.

Mostly, it's the drugs that are impacting my posting/commenting, etc. I just feel like I've finished an 18-game season and want to lay about. But, things still have to get done. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. Fortunately,I have a home healthcare worker who comes by 3 times a week,and her assistance is invaluable.

The good news is that the cancer hasn't spread, and was caught quickly enough that it should be fully treatable and eradicated. The bad news is that while the meds they use are wonderful, their side effects suck big time. Ispent the entire draft on my couch, with a bottle of Tums and a bottle of water to stay hydrated. I wanted to comment, but just couldn't draw up the energy to do so.

However, I've been lurking, and trying to keep up with the posts, eat right, hydrate, and beat this damned disease again.

I appreciate, TRULY appreciate all the great folks on this board, and especially Ian for keeping it up and running. Hopefully, everything will be fixed by August when the season starts.

Love you man, rest up and GO PATS.

who gave you permission to get sick? dyamed goldbricker....:D

Never apologize for not posting, only apologize to yourself for coming back

Hey All,

God Bless u Gwedd! Glad u are back!!!

Hey All,

I'm glad it was caught early enough for you, and I wish you all the best. :)

Speaking of early, if you'd told us this before the draft, some of us could have have a few more drinks to pick up the slack.

Here's hoping you'll be back to your old self...

btcani.gif

,,,in no time

I'm glad it was caught early enough for you, and I wish you all the best. :)

Speaking of early, if you'd told us this before the draft, some of us could have have a few more drinks to pick up the slack.

Forgot to add the obligatory coronavirus concern:

Stay the hell away from other people!

Hey All,

Prayers, blessings & positive vibes your way @Gwedd ;) Go Pats!

Good luck, if you're that tired your body needs rest, enjoy the down time and relax, a few months to go before the season starts and you want to be ready for that.

Let’s gooo! Keep up the fight!

I hope you can join in the anticipation of the new season. When you are ready, we look forward to hearing more from you. Get well.

However, I've been lurking, and trying to keep up with the posts
It's sucked here without you.

Helping you to catch up:

"Is that essential? That doesn't look 'essential'."

Your posts are missed. Stay strong.

Hey All,

best wishes to you. i hope you get well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back