PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Tim Tebow wants out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he is. Did you ever hear him speak? It sounds like he has the brain of a five year old. Maybe that's why he can't learn the playbook.

That simply is not true, this is what QB guru Marc Trestman had to say

“We sat in a meeting room before the Senior Bowl, and the first thing I found out was that he was extremely knowledgeable football-wise,” Trestman said. “He has an ability to talk football at a high level in terms of protections, pass routes, adjustments and concepts – basically all the things an NFL quarterback has to be able to talk about. It was easy for him to go to the [chalk]board and communicate with me on what I would call a ‘pro’ level.

full article here

CFL could be the key to Tebow

Have you seen him as a personal protector on punts? He's nearly got Malone IR'd multiple times this season :bricks:

He did real well as a PP actually, converted 3 out of 4 fakes and blocked well, the one exception was when the Dolphins got through and Westoff said tebow picked up the guy he had to pick up and others had to help.

If he stays at his current weight, he's a Full Back. If he slims down (back to his college weight) he could be a handy Peyton Hillis type of Running Back (I realise their weights are comparable now). The guy has the will to succeed. .

This is currently a huge issue for him as he has lost a step packing on the 20 lbs.

what you saw last season was a QB who rode the coattails of a good defense...a QB that played as badly as any in history for over 3/4's of the games played and made plays on one drive at the end to win games his defense kept his team in.

Y

Defense was very good in spots (certainly in the close games) but they were ranked 20th , hardly elite. The team as a whole was 7-24 in previous 32 games before the switch away from Orton (worst in the NFL during that span). it is a myth that the special teams and defense "carried tebow. The fact is all 3 components were needed for success in the games they won. yes defense was very important, yes special teams was important but tebow made it all gel...Champ Bailey publicly said so and I'll trust that future HOF who was in the locker room and did not seem to have any ego issues from the obsessive over coverage of Tebow

what we as a fanbase do NOT need is the legion of Tebowites logging on here and declaring themselves Patriots fan now...like they did with the poor Jet fans...that was horrible (or tremendous depending on your perspective)

Log on and visit the Jets tebwomania section at gang green and I challenge you to find more than 6 or 7 tebow fans. For that website at least (granted the only jets forum I have ever visited) that would be a WILD exaggeration.

even with the gifs and all with the breakdown...tebow is by far the worst QB in the league...it's between him and gabbert

He is better than Lindley and sanchez (hands down , not even arguable) , so that is at least 3 so far if you include gabbert.

Last edited:
No...my point is that Tim Tebow is a horrible NFL QB, with horrible mechanics and one who I thought put up the worst performance I'd ever seen by a QB in the NFL playoffs..and then I thought about it, and thought about Joe Kapp, who I've always thought was the worst QB to ever play in the the NFL playoffs, but even HE passed the Vikes to the Championship game.

I am only going on what I've seen. I didn't bring up any straw men experts like Tom Martinez.I have no idea what Martinez's motivation is to state what he does but it has to be agenda driven. That's OK...everyone has a dog in the hunt and can say whatever they want...just don't tell me it's raining when a Chosen Twerp is urinating all over the field.

It seems this Tebow topic really has you heated...first it was others in this thread and now me that you seem intent on brainwashing. Here is my irrevocable stance...Tebow, nice person,good luck wherever he lands...KEEP THIS WALKING MEDIA WHIRLWIND CREATOR as far away from Foxboro and the Patriots dressing room as possible...amen.

You mentioned his arm motion. Since Tom Martinez has been working with Tom on his motion since he he was 13 and Tom believes in him, I figured that might carry some weight with you.

But ok Joker. Whatever you say. I thought we were actually have a logical conversation but I see no amount of evidence, facts, football people or common sense will sway you. You think you know best. We'll agree to disagree but I'll just say this. If you are this stubborn and immovable, and discount anything on the right side of common sense, then there's a good chance whatever you think you think you saw, isn't close to reality.

And if we're just going to be funny then maybe we can agree on this. If the Jets think he sucks, there's a really good chance he's going to be awesome.:D

You mentioned his arm motion. Since Tom Martinez has been working with Tom on his motion since he he was 13 and Tom believes in him, I figured that might carry some weight with you.

But ok Joker. Whatever you say. I thought we were actually have a logical conversation but I see no amount of evidence, facts, football people or common sense will sway you. You think you know best. We'll agree to disagree but I'll just say this. If you are this stubborn and immovable, and discount anything on the right side of common sense, then there's a good chance whatever you think you think you saw, isn't close to reality.

And if we're just going to be funny then maybe we can agree on this. If the Jets think he sucks, there's a really good chance he's going to be awesome.:D

Martinez said he could give Tebow a correct motion in a few weeks, the issue is whether Tebow would listen?

Martinez said he could give Tebow a correct motion in a few weeks, the issue is whether Tebow would listen?
Since Martinez has been dirt-napping for a while, that might be problematic.

Last edited:
How about we just start a sub forum for Tebow. This is the Patriot main page, of all the relevant Patriot topics that get merged or moved to another forum, why is this still here?

It sounds like there is a lot of people on this board who are Tebow fans more so than Patriot fans. He's the 3rd string QB of the NYJ. These threads always start with under the guise of should the Pats sign/trade for him but it's all just another excuse to become a Tebow publicist/spin doctor. It's becoming very tiresome.

Move it to the NFL or Religion forum please.

How about we just start a sub forum for Tebow. This is the Patriot main page, of all the relevant Patriot topics that get merged or moved to another forum, why is this still here?

It sounds like there is a lot of people on this board who are Tebow fans more so than Patriot fans. He's the 3rd string QB of the NYJ. These threads always start with under the guise of should the Pats sign/trade for him but it's all just another excuse to become a Tebow publicist/spin doctor. It's becoming very tiresome.

Move it to the NFL or Religion forum please.

Considering you commented here several times and now want the topic taken away I have to conclude you are simply butthurt.

Last edited:

Well now he can't, since the man's dead but the bigger point I got from it is that he clearly didn't think there was much wrong with it if he said two weeks and had an issue with all the guys trying to fix him. Two weeks isn't a lot of time to do anything drastic to arm motion.

Since Martinez has been dirt-napping for a while, that might be problematic.

It's actually not, Martinez wasn't the only one on the planet who could improve a throwing motion, implicit in Martinez's statement is that it's quite correctable.

Players can SURPRISE the NFL for a year. If they only have one ability, they're done after that year.

I imagine every poster here who supports Tebow also thinks Cassel is a crap QB. Wouldn't you say there's something of a similarity there? QBs, who for one year, looked like world beaters thanks to circumstances and unfamiliarity around the league?

Let's try to be reasonable here:

Strengths: Leadership. Running ability.
Weaknesses: No presnap read ability. Inaccurate. Gives up on plays to run.

Does that sound like a NFL QB you'd want?

Players can SURPRISE the NFL for a year. If they only have one ability, they're done after that year.

I imagine every poster here who supports Tebow also thinks Cassel is a crap QB. Wouldn't you say there's something of a similarity there? QBs, who for one year, looked like world beaters thanks to circumstances and unfamiliarity around the league?

Let's try to be reasonable here:

Strengths: Leadership. Running ability.
Weaknesses: No presnap read ability. Inaccurate. Gives up on plays to run.

Does that sound like a NFL QB you'd want?

I don't agree with your assessment but I will just say this as far as your 1 and done deal:

RG3, top 10 in NFL stats running the spread option.
Colin Kaepernic, top 10 in NFL stats running the spread option. Replaced a very efficient WCO game manager and pocket passer.
Russel Wilson, top 10 in the NFL stats running the spread option. Usurped a pocket passer with a huge contract.
Cam Newton, moderate success running the spread option.

3 out of 4 are in the top 10 in the NFL.
3 out of 4 of those teams are going to the playoffs.

Out of those guys only 2 have NFL caliber accuracy and releases. Wilson and Cam don't. I don't believe that Cam Newton or Russel Wilson is any better at reading defenses than Tebow.

It's one thing for Cassel to go from our system to someone else's, but the spread option has proved successful for a lot of different style quarterbacks and Tebow is one of the best at running a spread option.

I want to see him running an NFL level spread option, like all those other quarterbacks, before I will agree he's no good at this level. Those other guys are getting their amazing completion % that are rivaling our HOF quarterbacks due to the spread option offense, not because they are that damn accurate. The scheming just makes it so much easier to complete passes.

Here I will just quote what Urban Meyer said recently:

Do you think Tebow could be a viable NFL quarterback?

"I don't get to watch much pro football during the season, but my offensive staff at Ohio State put together cutups of all these NFL quarterbacks: Cam Newton, the 49ers quarterback [Kaepernick], Russell Wilson and RG III [Robert Griffin III]. We watched four hours of film. That is the spread offense. It's not just a version of it. Tim is a spread offensive quarterback. He can run the spread as well as anybody in college football history. The only question is whether you can do it on a consistent level in the NFL. No one has been able to do that yet. But there are teams out there now running it. I had no idea until I saw all that film."

Urban Meyer talks Alex Smith, Tim Tebow - Entertainment, Pop Culture, Style and Hot Trends - Trending Blog - ESPN Playbook - ESPN

The issue isn't that Tim Tebow can't run an NFL offense or that he inaccurate or has issues with his mechanics. It's that the coaching staff he has worked with either refused or didn't develop the spread option offense for him. Everyone keeps trying to make him do something else, while all these other kids are getting praised for the fact their teams have bet the farms on the spread option and making it very easy on them to transition to the NFL.

Why shouldn't Tebow get this same opportunity if it is proving you can cut through NFL defenses like a hot knife through butter with it and make the playoffs with freaking rookies? He already did the same in a makeshift version of it in Denver, created by a staff in one bye week, that didn't really believe in it, who have primarily ran old school NFL offenses, and mainly relied primarily on the read option, rushing aspects of it.

I think he's earned a chance too. And there are far too many BAD NFL offenses with BAD pro style quarterbacks for someone not to give this a shot when it's clearly working. Even if it's for 1 year to the playoffs, it's still worth it.

Last edited:
ESPN just reported on TV it is a "virtual certainty" Tebow will end up on the Jaguars in 2013.

I wonder if McDaniel's would follow him there and take that head coaching job which will probably be available.

I can already see ESPN's headlines. Battle for AFC South: Pure Luck vs God's Will :D

Last edited:
ESPN just reported on TV it is a "virtual certainty" Tebow will end up on the Jaguars in 2013.

I wonder if McDaniel's would follow him there and take that head coaching job which will probably be available.

I can already see ESPN's headlines. Battle for AFC South: Pure Luck vs God's Will :D
Jacksonville is an interesting proposition, especially if Cecil Shorts continues his form into next season. They've got some handy pieces in their squad.

Jacksonville is an interesting proposition, especially if Cecil Shorts continues his form into next season. They've got some handy pieces in their squad.

No to mention their D if they can figure out what happened to it. They had a pretty nasty D last year and ranked 10th in points allowed and 5th in yards allowed.

If they can do that again, Tebow will give them a chance.

No to mention their D if they can figure out what happened to it. They had a pretty nasty D last year and ranked 10th in points allowed and 5th in yards allowed.

If they can do that again, Tebow will give them a chance.
I don't see the fascination with Tebow. I'll never see the fascination with Tebow. They'd be better served with Henne as a stop gap, collect draft picks and fill out their roster with a developmental QB (not a gimmick QB) waiting in the wings.

Mortensen's report.

In 2013, the Jaguars will have an open quarterback competition and a team source conceded it's a "high likelihood" Tebow will be part of the mix.

Tebow landing in Jax???

aha...the Chosen Thud...or...Mud On The Messiah...

I don't see the fascination with Tebow. I'll never see the fascination with Tebow. They'd be better served with Henne as a stop gap, collect draft picks and fill out their roster with a developmental QB (not a gimmick QB) waiting in the wings.

Yup, and the fascination with Tebow is reminiscent of New England fans' fascination with Doug Flutie;another QB with limited ability whose presence on an NFL roster threatened to damage the team due to his followers' demands that he play.

:bricks:

I still stand by my belief that a quarterback who makes scrambling his best attribute will never win a Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST