PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nnamdi Asomugha Sweepstakes(merged, again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Marshall is still available also

this is awesome. Samuel and Asomugha is a fairly sweet combo for the Eagles.

Don't be surprised to see Samuel traded - at his price (which is not bad) and given the demand at CB he could be valuable trade bait for the Eagles to dangle.

Don't be surprised to see Samuel traded - at his price (which is not bad) and given the demand at CB he could be valuable trade bait for the Eagles to dangle.
If you're the Texans you've just got your shutdown corner in Joseph, would you gamble on taking Asante Samuel to help that defense under Wade Phillips create some turnover opportunities?

He absolutely will be traded now, just a question of when and to who. Pretty weird move by the Eagles to bring in two new corners with him on the team, though.

If you're the Texans you've just got your shutdown corner in Joseph, would you gamble on taking Asante Samuel to help that defense under Wade Phillips create some turnover opportunities?

they had the worst secondary in the league and they gotta deal with Manning year in and year out. They will absolutely go for Asante, and probably give something good up too. Eagles will make out like a bandit

To be fair, it's a relief that Asomugha has chosen the Eagles over the Jets. For one as Deus Irae pointed out it takes him away from the AFC East and whatever schedule the Jets potentially had. However, Cromartie has a penchant for picking off Brady so I'm hopeful that bridge has been burnt, but I doubt it.

The second point is I still consider the Packers to be considerably better than the Eagles. Not surprisingly the well run and well coached teams continue to separate themselves from the rest of the NFL. This pre-season trading and free-agency has been a master class in that demonstration.

I hope the Jets resign Cromartie. So does Deion Branch. Cromartie was exposed last year in his inability to cover smaller route runners. The Jets will have no choice to either have Cromartie cover OchoCinco or lay off the rush with extra defenders. Cromartie is a liability against the Pats. And the Jets cannot do what they did in the playoffs either because with OchoCinco, they have to play at least one safety deep.

What losing out on Asomugha did to help the Jets is give them resources to build up their receiving corp and pass rush. With Asomougha, they would have had to cheap out filling some decent sized holes at WR and safety as well as depth. Now they can get some good starters and depth (although they have missed out on some potential good players waiting for Asomougha).

Cromartie's season last year was overrated. He can be a stud against big straight line runners, but a liability against route runners. Also, he commits a lot of penalities because he loses coverage. He is an average CB who is going to get paid big bucks.

Cromartie is going to feel dissed as well as Edwards. He has allready says him and the Jets are on difference pages it seems. Would be so funny to see them leave after all this Aso talk

Yeah, everyone likes how "open" Rex and the Jets are. Let's see how it works out this time. "So you restructured for him but not for me? Wha?" And you can bet free agents down the road will play the Jets like this too.

What losing out on Asomugha did to help the Jets is give them resources to build up their receiving corp and pass rush. With Asomougha, they would have had to cheap out filling some decent sized holes at WR and safety as well as depth. Now they can get some good starters and depth (although they have missed out on some potential good players waiting for Asomougha.

I almost wonder if this wasn't their plan all along.

Bodden has alot to prove.I still cant believe they drafted Dowling at 32 to be a nickel corner.They will give him a shot at playing CB.We have enough nickel corners.

You do know darius butler was our nickel corner last year right?

He played better down the stretch but let's not get carried away here. There is no reason why Dowling shouldn't be more than capable of earning reps over butler. Nickel is damn near starting in today's NFL, and we need a capable #3.

I want corners that can play man to man defense.I want him to get a shot at playing CB.

Jets are going to take a step back this season. Hasnt been a fan base more deserving of constant misery.

I hope the Jets resign Cromartie. So does Deion Branch. Cromartie was exposed last year in his inability to cover smaller route runners. The Jets will have no choice to either have Cromartie cover OchoCinco or lay off the rush with extra defenders. Cromartie is a liability against the Pats. And the Jets cannot do what they did in the playoffs either because with OchoCinco, they have to play at least one safety deep.

What losing out on Asomugha did to help the Jets is give them resources to build up their receiving corp and pass rush. With Asomougha, they would have had to cheap out filling some decent sized holes at WR and safety as well as depth. Now they can get some good starters and depth (although they have missed out on some potential good players waiting for Asomougha).

Cromartie's season last year was overrated. He can be a stud against big straight line runners, but a liability against route runners. Also, he commits a lot of penalities because he loses coverage. He is an average CB who is going to get paid big bucks.
All very good points. I'm more concerned with the affect the Jets have on the Patriots with match ups opposed to the rest of the NFL.

I think we're in pretty good shape (right now) as it stands.

Re: Asomugha to EAgles!!!!

like i said before, you need to calm down buddy

and like I said before, I'll post what I think as a Pats fan on a Pats board...let me repeat that for you, since you are obviously challenged in the reading comprehension dept...a PATRIOTS BOARD.

what you are trying to insinuate is actually a poor ATTEMPT AT OBFUSCATION...it is YOU, and your ilk, walking around like refugees from an egg farm bombing...in other words, the yolk's on you.

Last edited:
Jets are going to take a step back this season. Hasnt been a fan base more deserving of constant misery.

I really hope so but I still think if they get back Cro/Edwards they'll make out fine. Hope something goes wrong tho!

Does this mean Bart Scot and LT get their old contracts back? If not then they took a pay cut for nothing!! :) :) :)

Does this mean Bart Scot and LT get their old contracts back? If not then they took a pay cut for nothing!! :) :) :)

Paycuts were IF they got Nnamdi is my understanding. You don't have to be under the cap yet so they had no reason to restructure them this instant, especially before they got the player who was the entire reason for doing it.

I agree that Cromartie on the Jets (especially for the $$ he will expect) is in balance good for the Pats, but frankly, I simply cannot stand the guy, and I'd like to see him go somewhere he will rarely be heard from.

I'm so glad the Jets didn't get Asomugha :D. I reckon Samuel might go to the Texans, they got one corner but they could still do with another and Samuel has a habit of picking Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back