PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nnamdi Asomugha Sweepstakes(merged, again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets fans now say they don't need him or didn't want him..lol this just keeps getting better and better
lol

Have they decided to agree with that post from the Raiders fan too?

Last edited:
Some person on the Jets board just read that Aso said that he thought the Eagles gave him the best chance of winning. That's a swift kick to their crotch, hahaha.

And in week 15, it'll be a swift kick to their Cotch!

LOL sorry couldn't help myself :D

I hope they cant keep both Cromartie and Edwards.

Jets fans now say they don't need him or didn't want him..lol this just keeps getting better and better

They're really just plane 'ole ticked off at the guy for teasing them this whole time and essentially using them as leverage for other deals. What's funny is that he ended up getting around what they were supposedly going to give him. But the Eagles must have front-loaded the contract and obviously gave a ton of gtd money.

I believe the word is schadenfreude, gentlemen (and PatsChick). Google it if you don't know what it means.

Last edited:
I was thrilled he did not go to the jets! :)

"We didn't want to have the greatest CB duo in NFL history."
-Jets fans

I will remember this day and laugh when Asomugha picks off Sanchez. lol

Somewhere Desean Jackson is pissed.He wants to get paid!I expect the eagles to trade Samuels.

this is awesome. Samuel and Asomugha is a fairly sweet combo for the Eagles.

Asante's gone. Philly is loaded. If there's one place I can think that I wouldn't have wanted him to go, it was Philly.

I hope they cant keep both Cromartie and Edwards.

Cromartie's got 'em over a barrel now. I bet he demands BIG money. Especially now since they "insulted" him with all Aso talk.

All I have to say is, way to go IncarceratedBob! You really nailed it, what an amazing source of information!!!!
Haha yep, he sealed his fate today.

Cromartie's got 'em over a barrel now. I bet he demands BIG money. Especially now since they "insulted" him with all Aso talk.

Is Nate Clements still any good? I know he was cut, but his contract was excessive afterall.

The Niners may be already pursuing Cromartie. Niners fans called Cro plan C (after Aso and Joseph). Not that the fans know who the front office is pursuing...

Cromartie is going to feel dissed as well as Edwards. He has allready says him and the Jets are on difference pages it seems. Would be so funny to see them leave after all this Aso talk

J E T S

FAIL
FAIL
FAIL

Love it!

Unless Nate Clements was signed by someone, there is still a big name CB out there the Jets could go after...

The off season that keeps on giving... FU Jets hahahaha

Unless Nate Clements was signed by someone, there is still a big name CB out there the Jets could go after...

True, but nobody close to the level of Aso.

John Clayton thanks again for your ESPN insight that the Asomugha sweepstakes was between Dallas and the Jests....I can only hope that the Jests hold Bart Scott to the supposed restructure of his contract to attempt to sign Nnamdi!!!

To be fair, it's a relief that Asomugha has chosen the Eagles over the Jets. For one as Deus Irae pointed out it takes him away from the AFC East and whatever schedule the Jets potentially had. However, Cromartie has a penchant for picking off Brady so I'm hopeful that bridge has been burnt, but I doubt it.

The second point is I still consider the Packers to be considerably better than the Eagles. Not surprisingly the well run and well coached teams continue to separate themselves from the rest of the NFL. This pre-season trading and free-agency has been a master class in that demonstration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft