PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nnamdi Asomugha Sweepstakes(merged, again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paycuts were IF they got Nnamdi is my understanding. You don't have to be under the cap yet so they had no reason to restructure them this instant, especially before they got the player who was the entire reason for doing it.
Guys, they still have TONS of holes to fill. Restructuring (which by the way never hurts the player and is silly to be called altruistic) may be more important now, because they may actually use the money to try to be a good football team instead of to get publicity for having the 2 best corners while not winning anything because they create more holes than they filled.
The Jets not getting Aso is not a good thing for the Pats, because it will force the Jets to not blow all their cap and not have anywhere near a complete team.

Paycuts were IF they got Nnamdi is my understanding. You don't have to be under the cap yet so they had no reason to restructure them this instant, especially before they got the player who was the entire reason for doing it.

That's too bad.

The real story of the Nnamdi Sweepstakes is the media coverage. Tom Condon's clients never settle for a penny less than the highest offer. It is a fact that was never even talked about in the last 3 days. The idea that it would happen in this case was 100% driven by the meida's like of the Jets Coach and GM who fill up their notebook with quotes - Horrendous journalism.

He went to the Eagles. Sigh. The good news is that perhaps he'll drown, electrocute, string up, or slam Michael Vick to the ground until he's dead.

Edit & P.S: I really detest that prick. Remember him saying, 'I'd like to own a dog again'? Disingenuous a-hole. I would never wish injury on anyone - and I mean NEVER- but if Vick ever got his balls torn off, I wouldn't cry.

Last edited:
Over or under 5: The amount of kids Cromartie has had this off season

He went to the Eagles. Sigh. The good news is that perhaps he'll drown, electrocute, string up, or slam Michael Vick to the ground until he's head.

until he's head?

that's just so not right...

just sayin'...

Is Nate Clements still any good? I know he was cut, but his contract was excessive afterall.

The Niners may be already pursuing Cromartie. Niners fans called Cro plan C (after Aso and Joseph). Not that the fans know who the front office is pursuing...

Cro should carry a few doses of Plan B with him at all times.

i now expect the eagles to lose the nfc east

free agency winners usually equal losers

i now expect the eagles to lose the nfc east

free agency winners usually equal losers
The only thing i disagree with is 'usually'

I am a little surprised that the Jets weren't able to go 5 years 60 million. What did they think they were going to get him for?

Is Nate Clements still any good? I know he was cut, but his contract was excessive afterall.

The Niners may be already pursuing Cromartie. Niners fans called Cro plan C (after Aso and Joseph). Not that the fans know who the front office is pursuing...

Clements is still pretty good, he just got signed to an insane contract in 2007 and never lived up to it. It was the rare FA megadeal that, even at the time, pretty much everyone realized that it made no sense. He's kinda like the Rashard Lewis of the NFL.

Last edited:
This won't make Sexy Rexy happy. From Peter King:

And one league source just told me something that surprised me. “Nnamdi wanted to play in Philadelphia,” the source said. More than New York, where Rex Ryan was planning to make Asomugha and Revis his defensive centerpieces? Yes, the source said.

Peter King » Posts Eagles make surprising splash by signing Asomugha from Jets, Cowboys «

Can Ryan's ego handle that a player would rather play elsewhere than for him?

It also sounds like from his article and King's twitter that the Jets offered more money than the Eagles did.

Last edited:
Jets fans are on suicide watch.

The ownership sucks, Tanny is an idiot and Rex a fraud. I would disagree if I could.

I think the Eagles got a good deal. 5/12 doesnt seems pretty good -- compared to other corners who got 8-10mil/year and nnamdi is a big step above.

I wonder what happens to assante. there's no need for 3 pro bowl corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back