PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 8 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot to digest from this game. I tried picturing the Pats offense playing against this defense. I could see it being very different because it presents an entirely different array of problems. I was very disappointed in the Packer offense. Even I could tell early on that their game plan was playing right into the Broncos hands. Hard to believer that the Packers had 2 weeks to prepare for this game.

If there is one good thing to come from this game, its that the mediots will all jump from the Pats band wagon right to Denver's. I hate it when they false faun over us. If we can remain relatively healthy and get back some of our OL depth, we will be OK. Except remember the offense will not be as efficient in Denver. For example all the moving back and forth of receivers by Brady that we saw so clearly over the last 2 games, will be much more difficult for him to do in Denver.

BTW- Unless something drastically changes, it is likely that between the Pats, Denver, and Cincinnati, a team with a 13-3 or better could wind up playing on wildcard week and have to win 4 games to be champs
BTW- went to check my emails on comcast and it opens up to a yahoo page, including sports. The second story listed in the Sports section was "Bellichick silent about Locker room scandal" .....and the attacks continue.....it is ALL about the innuendo now, and the NFL and their proxies are good at it. :mad:

The problem is I don't think the Packers game plan much at all. They rely on Rodgers moving around and making plays. Sorta like how the Steelers use Roethlisberger (well not as much since Haley took over the offense). It is all vertical crap where Rodgers lets the play develop while avoiding the rush.

The thing against a team like the Broncos, you want to spread them out and use a lot of screens and quick slants to use the aggressiveness of the defense against them. That is what the Pats do with a defense like this. The Packers just run their typical offense.

1. Broncos defense matches up very well against Packers offense, especially with Nelson gone
  2. Broncos offense faced a Packers defenase that lost two CBs early in the game, and was getting little pressure up the middle
This is too bad for a lot of reasons, but I was really starting to hope that a Pat/Packers superbowl with both teams undefeated was a possibility. Also you have to admit that in a lot of games this season a LOT of things have gone right for them to get them to this point. They COULD have lost almost all of their games this season and SHOULD have lost 3. This is their best win of the season, and only convincing one.

As a followup to my earlier post about the Jets and Steelers, we've got this nugget:

The Steelers were optimistic after Sunday’s loss to the Bengals that the ACL of running back Le’Veon Bell’s knee was intact and that the ugly knee injury damaged only his MCL.

That optimism apparently was accurate, as to the ACL. However, the MCL damage reportedly is more significant than initially believed.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Bell has a “badly torn” MCL, along with other damage.

Report: Le’Veon Bell has “badly torn” MCL

wonderful ruse by YOUR gaa gaa goony greatest NEW QB of all time, eh Pats fans surrender monkeys??? Brady would have never thought to attempt to draw an offsides penalty by using over the top histrionics on national TV in a 29-10 game with just over a minute left. Last night it was "GAA GAA GOONY RODGERS!!!!"...tonight it's "RUN!!! GAA GAA PEYTIE !!! HE SCARE ME!!!!!"

jeezus krist what a friggin adhd riddled spoiled little brat franchise we've become...every damn week it's the same crap "we have no corners and no O line and no receivers and no nothing!!! we need to be like GB...wait...Denver..wait..Cincy...wait...Pittsburgh...wait...ANYBODY ELSE...IT'S ALL BAD!!!!"

This is too bad for a lot of reasons, but I was really starting to hope that a Pat/Packers superbowl with both teams undefeated was a possibility. Also you have to admit that in a lot of games this season a LOT of things have gone right for them to get them to this point. They COULD have lost almost all of their games this season and SHOULD have lost 3. This is their best win of the season, and only convincing one.

Absolutely...

I'm not ballwashing Denver. That team's got a great defense and a pair of great WRs, but even this offensive "explosion" netted fewer than 30 points.

We shouldn't be ruling out GB over one game, and we shouldn't be panicking about Denver over one game. But it's late enough into the season that important things were learned tonight, I think.

A lot to digest from this game. I tried picturing the Pats offense playing against this defense. I could see it being very different because it presents an entirely different array of problems. I was very disappointed in the Packer offense. Even I could tell early on that their game plan was playing right into the Broncos hands. Hard to believer that the Packers had 2 weeks to prepare for this game.

If there is one good thing to come from this game, its that the mediots will all jump from the Pats band wagon right to Denver's. I hate it when they false faun over us. If we can remain relatively healthy and get back some of our OL depth, we will be OK. Except remember the offense will not be as efficient in Denver. For example all the moving back and forth of receivers by Brady that we saw so clearly over the last 2 games, will be much more difficult for him to do in Denver.

BTW- Unless something drastically changes, it is likely that between the Pats, Denver, and Cincinnati, a team with a 13-3 or better could wind up playing on wildcard week and have to win 4 games to be champs
BTW- went to check my emails on comcast and it opens up to a yahoo page, including sports. The second story listed in the Sports section was "Bellichick silent about Locker room scandal" .....and the attacks continue.....it is ALL about the innuendo now, and the NFL and their proxies are good at it. :mad:

Still have to deal with New England's quickness (Edelcritter, Amendola and Lewis) and ability to attack the defense from sideline to sideline. Plus Gronk.

will the media criticize rodger's performance? nope...he'll get another pass.
wonder what the epsn al sharpton, steven a smith will say about this...

LOL Al Sharpton.

Funny that somebody mentioned that Rodgers plays to not throw the interception and doesn't take risks. Then tonight happened. Pretty fair assessment based off this game I'd say.

The problem is I don't think the Packers game plan much at all. They rely on Rodgers moving around and making plays. Sorta like how the Steelers use Roethlisberger (well not as much since Haley took over the offense). It is all vertical crap where Rodgers lets the play develop while avoiding the rush.

The thing against a team like the Broncos, you want to spread them out and use a lot of screens and quick slants to use the aggressiveness of the defense against them. That is what the Pats do with a defense like this. The Packers just run their typical offense.
I know it won't be easy, Rob, but I have little doubt that the Pats WILL figure out a way to move the ball against the Broncos. I think the keys for a win over them are going to be red zone efficiency, turn overs, and penalties. But like Bill would say, it will be almost a month before we have to deal with them. Lets just keep our head's down and deal with the next obstacle the team that plays in Washington.

BTW- we should all take a pledge NOT to use the term "redskins" when discussing the team we are playing next. It is NOT being PC. It is being respectful.

Denver D does look good, but Wade Phillips... consistently proven to be the Pat's b****.

BTW- we should all take a pledge NOT to use the term "redskins" when discussing the team we are playing next. It is NOT being PC. It is being respectful.

It is being PC. They are the Redskins. That's the team name, and that's what they should be called.

Absolutely...

I'm not ballwashing Denver. That team's got a great defense and a pair of great WRs, but even this offensive "explosion" netted fewer than 30 points.

We shouldn't be ruling out GB over one game, and we shouldn't be panicking about Denver over one game. But it's late enough into the season that important things were learned tonight, I think.

The donks defense's pretty good. Our team will have to find a way and move the football. I think we need a tall corner.

I know it won't be easy, Rob, but I have little doubt that the Pats WILL figure out a way to move the ball against the Broncos. I think the keys for a win over them are going to be red zone efficiency, turn overs, and penalties. But like Bill would say, it will be almost a month before we have to deal with them. Lets just keep our head's down and deal with the next obstacle the team that plays in Washington.

Also need to get pressure against Omaha! Very surprised that GB could do nothing againist weak Denver OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News