PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 8 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the confidence but I like to keep it real:

Denver, Cincinnati, Arizona, and a division opponent that makes the playoffs

Arizona doesn't look good at all.

Do the Bengals really scare you?

It remains to be seen if Denver has "turned a corner" or if Green Bay is incredibly overrated.

OK, the AFC is such a suckfest, I guess it's possible another team from the AFCE could make a wildcard spot but I'm not terribly concerned.

The biggest reason why our game won't go like tonight did: the Pats' front 7 is miles better than the Packers'. And FWIW the Packers have been underwhelming on offense for the last month-plus, this isn't a new development.

The Broncos are for real, I hope people are finally done dismissing them. I believe they're the second best team in the AFC, with all due respect to the Bengals. I don't expect the Pats to score more than 24 or so on that defense, and that's optimistic.

But on defense, Demaryius is my only major concern. I think the Pats can handle everyone else, and Manning won't have time to do what he did tonight.

wonderful ruse by YOUR gaa gaa goony greatest NEW QB of all time, eh Pats fans surrender monkeys??? Brady would have never thought to attempt to draw an offsides penalty by using over the top histrionics on national TV in a 29-10 game with just over a minute left. Last night it was "GAA GAA GOONY RODGERS!!!!"...tonight it's "RUN!!! GAA GAA PEYTIE !!! HE SCARE ME!!!!!"

jeezus krist what a friggin adhd riddled spoiled little brat franchise we've become...every damn week it's the same crap "we have no corners and no O line and no receivers and no nothing!!! we need to be like GB...wait...Denver..wait..Cincy...wait...Pittsburgh...wait...ANYBODY ELSE...IT'S ALL BAD!!!!"

But....but....but...you don't understand.....we have no corners to defend against these unstoppable Bronco receivers. I don't know about you but I just can't stand it! :)

It is being PC. They are the Redskins. That's the team name, and that's what they should be called.
SlapShot_294Pyxurz.jpg

The biggest reason why our game won't go like tonight did: the Pats' front 7 is miles better than the Packers'.

The Broncos are for real, I hope people are finally done dismissing them. I believe they're the second best team in the AFC, with all due respect to the Bengals. I don't expect the Pats to score more than 24 or so on that defense, and that's optimistic.

But on defense, Demaryius is my only major concern. I think the Pats can handle everyone else, and Manning won't have time to do what he did tonight.

I think their defense is for real. I think their offense was a bit of mirage tonight. I expect Manning to revert back to the guy he was the first six weeks of the season as soon as next week. I think the bye week just gave him a bit of time to rest his arm.

BTW- we should all take a pledge NOT to use the term "redskins" when discussing the team we are playing next. It is NOT being PC. It is being respectful.

Isn't that the name of the team? How is it NOT being PC?

For Christmas sake, there's a high school team in the SW in a predominantly Native American area that goes by the same name so apparently they're not all that offended by it.

Ryan has been solid this year. I don't know why you are worried. He has been arguably better than Browner was last year.

Actually I don't think it is even all that arguable. Browner did have some good moments of physical corner play but penalties and giving up passes were also there. And given the Patriots need for CBs I am betting BB agreed with you and I.
Personally I am really looking forward to the Denver matchup. They look to be the only truly SB caliber team we will play during the season (with the unknown of who will be good by January noted). If Denver's pass game rolls over the Patriots corners then we/BB and staff will know an alternate scheme may just be needed to mask the deficiency. However, if the CBs do a satisfactory job on Manning then we will know we are fairly well man'd up to take on those standing in the way of the repeat.

Do we dare cheer for the Colts when they play the Broncos next week?

So if he assaulted your daughter you would still feel that way?

Or are you going to tell me it depends on who the victim is?

No. It doesn't matter. If he had assaulted my daughter, he wouldn't be playing football cause he'd be dead. That's an entirely different situation.

Little OT but man as someone who is a Pats fan and a Royals fan I am having one great f****** year. :D

You don't like my presence, use the ignore button as a real mature person would. But you keep thinking you're all mature. Ignorance is bliss!;)

I know I am a mature person. YOU, on the other hand, are just a bigger douchebag than Hardy. And that is saying something.

It looks like 3/4 AFC divisions will be wrapped up come turkey day. I see NE, Den & Cin ALL with 14+ wins...
That Pats Denver game will be of titanic proportions. The winner get either the #1 or #2 seed & the loser could very well be playing WC weekend....

No. It doesn't matter. If he had assaulted my daughter, he wouldn't be playing football cause he'd be dead. That's an entirely different situation.

So you have no issue with him assaulting women, as long as it isn't your daughter. Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back