PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 8 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it won't be easy, Rob, but I have little doubt that the Pats WILL figure out a way to move the ball against the Broncos. I think the keys for a win over them are going to be red zone efficiency, turn overs, and penalties. But like Bill would say, it will be almost a month before we have to deal with them. Lets just keep our head's down and deal with the next obstacle the team that plays in Washington.

BTW- we should all take a pledge NOT to use the term "redskins" when discussing the team we are playing next. It is NOT being PC. It is being respectful.

Not that I think it will be a cake walk, but I think the Pats will have a far easier time with Denver than the media will be making it out to be this week. I think the Packers were a bad match up for the Broncos and may be an overrated team since they are not a good road team.

And I think Washington is hardly worth mentioning even if they didn't have a racially insensitive nickname.

A lot to digest from this game. I tried picturing the Pats offense playing against this defense. I could see it being very different because it presents an entirely different array of problems. I was very disappointed in the Packer offense. Even I could tell early on that their game plan was playing right into the Broncos hands. Hard to believer that the Packers had 2 weeks to prepare for this game.

If there is one good thing to come from this game, its that the mediots will all jump from the Pats band wagon right to Denver's. I hate it when they false faun over us. If we can remain relatively healthy and get back some of our OL depth, we will be OK. Except remember the offense will not be as efficient in Denver. For example all the moving back and forth of receivers by Brady that we saw so clearly over the last 2 games, will be much more difficult for him to do in Denver.

BTW- Unless something drastically changes, it is likely that between the Pats, Denver, and Cincinnati, a team with a 13-3 or better could wind up playing on wildcard week and have to win 4 games to be champs
BTW- went to check my emails on comcast and it opens up to a yahoo page, including sports. The second story listed in the Sports section was "Bellichick silent about Locker room scandal" .....and the attacks continue.....it is ALL about the innuendo now, and the NFL and their proxies are good at it. :mad:
Plus i think pats are in denver on a short week after a MNF game vs the bills with thanksgiving in between.
Yeah , the league didnt give us any favors in this one.

Not getting any help. Giants in a few weeks. People will say that shouldn't be difficult but eli manning has a tendency to play well against us.

The donks defense's pretty good. Our team will have to find a way and move the football. I think we need a tall corner.

The Pats usually give Manning fits no matter who the corners are. It is all about throwing off the timing of his receivers by bumping them off the line and taking routing them outside and make him uncomfortable in the pocket. I don't think the size of the corners really matter.

Not getting any help. Giants in a few weeks. People will say that shouldn't be difficult but eli manning has a tendency to play well against us.
Their pass rush is not what it used to be and the secondary can get exposed

Still have to deal with New England's quickness (Edelcritter, Amendola and Lewis) and ability to attack the defense from sideline to sideline. Plus Gronk.
The more I watch this offense evolve, Dion Lewis is the card that Denver won't be able to match. Just his presence will make Gronk and Julian's life easier, because they won't be able to double both Their secondary is very good, but not any better than the Jets', though their pass rush is much better. But we will speak more on this later.

Giants are a 500 team in a dog **** division. Not terribly worried.

Brady will papercut the Broncos to death hopefully by then Stork is healthy and Cannon as well.

Also need to get pressure against Omaha! Very surprised that GB could do nothing againist weak Denver OL.
Oh believe me, they will move Manning "off his spot" when the time comes. In the end, I think the Pats will have more success against the Denver offense that the Denver offense will have against us. The only thing I truly fear is Manning implementing the Flacco chuck it long and hope your receiver wins the one on one, or you get the flag offense. With Thomas it isn't a bad plan.

Elway checks his Fan Duel account from his phone on sideline during the game? Elway on phone.JPG

Plus i think pats are in denver on a short week after a MNF game vs the bills with thanksgiving in between.
Yeah , the league didnt give us any favors in this one.

Probably the worst instance of how the NFL intentionally and royally screwed the Patriots in the 2015 schedule.

The league is terrible outside liek 3, 4 teams. The upcoming game vs Denver will likely be 2 undefeated teams.

The Giants just let Brees pass for 7 TDs. Brees had 8 TDs on the season before today.

And Eli doesn't always play well against the Pats. In 2001 during the regular season, he was 20 for 39 for 250 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT. That is ok, not great. In the 2007 Super Bowl, he 19 for 34 for 255 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT. Another ok game.

It was his defense that beat the Pats more than the offense. And the Giants' defense sucks this year.

The Pats usually give Manning fits no matter who the corners are. It is all about throwing off the timing of his receivers by bumping them off the line and taking routing them outside and make him uncomfortable in the pocket. I don't think the size of the corners really matter.

I am still worried about logan ryan matched up with Thomas. The donks surprised me tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back