PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Week 11 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's where we stand in the AFC right now:

AFCE: Probably Buffalo or Miami
AFCN: Baltimore (Bengals won their first division game today and are 1-3 in the division)
AFCS: Tennessee (rest of div is trash)
AFCW: Chiefs (3 games on Chargers with a win in L.A.)

Leaves us with 3 spots for:

Miami/Buffalo
Patriots
Bengals
Jets
Chargers

Next closest team is the 4-6-1 Colts. And they are the last team to go on a BYE in the AFC...with six games left...the best they can do is 10-6-1...which is a tall order.

I am reasonably confident that if the Pats finish 4-3...they should make it again with a 10-7 record.
4-3 is totally doable. The defense will keep them in games...only worry is the Oline which is a BIG worry, but let's see how it goes.

This is kind of big for Thursday. Their best OL by far. 2nd concussion in 2 weeks for him

O'Connel confirms he won't play Thursday

Last edited:

AFCN: Baltimore (Bengals won their first division game today and are 1-3 in the division)

Miami/Buffalo
Patriots
Bengals
Jets
Chargers

Next closest team is the 4-6-1 Colts. And they are the last team to go on a BYE in the AFC...with six games left...the best they can do is 10-6-1...which is a tall order.

I am reasonably confident that if the Pats finish 4-3...they should make it again with a 10-7 record.
Granted, I'm a homer. I don't think the division is completely out of reach for us yet.

Granted, I'm a homer. I don't think the division is completely out of reach for us yet.
Homer or not we absolutely still have a shot. We are a game out.

Based on what we've seen from BUF are they world-beaters? Nope. Allen is not right. In his last 4 games hes 4TD/6INT and a 74.1 QB rating.

After HOU MIA is on the road for 3 straight games at SF Bolts and Jills.....

Home vs GB should be a win and the final game vs NYJ should be competitive.

We have MIA at home New Years Day. I hope it's windy and 13 degrees.

Meanwhile an alleged Patriots fan is celebrating a Chiefs win over the habitual choking, incompetent Chargers...

I'd say that's a lot worse than fans on here paying attention to what the Patriots' best player of all time who led them to 6 Super Bowl wins is doing around the league.
Why would any of us not be rooting for the Chiefs last night? The Chargers are a direct competitor for a playoff spot. We are not competing for the one seed. There loss was a good thing for our playoff hopes.

If Buffalo wins out and Kansas City loses one more game then Buffalo has a shot but otherwise the AFC looks like it belongs to Mahomes and the Chiefs. I'll give Baltimore an outside shot if Lamar plays like Superman. And maybe Burrow can win a 45-42 shootout. Tennessee, nah. Miami's defense isn't good enough. And there's no darkhorse team to speak of in the AFC. The NFC is much more of a toss-up.

Why would any of us not be rooting for the Chiefs last night? The Chargers are a direct competitor for a playoff spot. We are not competing for the one seed. There loss was a good thing for our playoff hopes.
I'll be delusionally rooting for the 1 seed until it goes past my level of crazy, which is a pretty high level. Pats are tied for 1st for Conf record.

Not going far in the playoffs without a QB. There's 4 Jones on the team and he might just rank 4th.

Miami/Buffalo
Patriots
Bengals
Jets
Chargers

Yup. 10 will get you in. Still a tall order but doable.

Not going far in the playoffs without a QB. There's 4 Jones on the team and he might just rank 4th.
You can live in your negativity if you so choose but that doesn't change the facts of my statement

The #1 seed was the Pats to lose last season, but they lost games down the stretch. The Titans on the other hand, with all of their injuries, got the #1 seed by default because other teams around them were losing and they beat the teams on their schedule. The Titans were not that good last year.

So when you guys are asking for the lessor team to lose, you may want to refer to seasons in the past. Had the Chiefs lost last night, the Pats were in contention for the #1 seed with 3 division games left and two additional AFC games. Their schedule is not that scary as we once thought.

The #1 seed was the Pats to lose last season, but they lost games down the stretch. The Titans on the other hand, with all of their injuries, got the #1 seed by default because other teams around them were losing and they beat the teams on their schedule. The Titans were not that good last year.

So when you guys are asking for the lessor team to lose, you may want to refer to seasons in the past. Had the Chiefs lost last night, the Pats were in contention for the #1 seed with 3 division games left and two additional AFC games. Their schedule is not that scary as we once thought.
I just don't see us finishing better than 10-7/11-6 I don't think that will get the one seed. Would rather see less muddling in the 7-3/6-4 area.

Cards offense looks much smoother with McCoy

Last edited:
Good throw by Jimmy to Aiyuk for 6

Hopkins is a loser.

If Mac doesn't pan out we should make a run for Jimmy till we find our QB of the future. I don't think the Niners will keep him beyond this season. Only knock against him is his injury history !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back