PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline “Ideas”

We already have one

I’m still not willing to risk relying on Gordon for WR production. He could be great until week 12 and relapse and be gone. Patterson can’t give us production, I think another WR would be perfect.

Premium WR??

I mean as much as I’d like that, I feel we have other needs.

Sorry to respond again, but I REALLY hope we don't do this. Our WR group is already among the best in the NFL right now and I'd definitely prefer not inching towards cap hell with a bona fide #1. Josh Gordon is a bona fide #1. Our team (not necessarily offense but still) has put up 38+ since Josh Gordon has been integrated on the field. I feel that this is fake news, but I'd much rather be looking for a legitimate TE #2 (which would really give a different dimension to the offense) or a stud on the defense (Clowney like), than be pushing current offensive starters off the field in favor of expensive new guys.

I’m still not willing to risk relying on Gordon for WR production. He could be great until week 12 and relapse and be gone. Patterson can’t give us production, I think another WR would be perfect.
Josh Gordon just had a 100 yard game with weeks in the offense. Brady seems to have trust in the guy. What else do you need?

Josh Gordon just had a 100 yard game with weeks in the offense. Brady seems to have trust in the guy. What else do you need?
He just missed two NFL seasons due to a drug problem and you don’t think him relapsing is a remote possibility? Putting all your eggs in a basket with him is idiotic when he could be gone tomorrow.

Premium WR??

I mean as much as I’d like that, I feel we have other needs.

Seems a little odd. But at the same time, the cupboard is a little bare after this year and you need to keep the offense potent while Brady is still playing. You’ve got Edelman and Gordon under team control next year I believe, I’m not certain who else beyond that. I know they seem likely to lose Hogan. Does it make sense to go get another “premier” WR under contract for a couple years (at least) for a first-rounder? It doesn’t help the defense directly, but I mean right now we’re looking at a team where Brady has to move the ball every possession and sometimes has to almost literally score every single possession. They’re doing it with a still-learning, still-recovering Gordon and a still-recovering Gronk. Michel is getting better and better and won’t be out for long. I can sort of see the sense in adding another “lethal weapon” to the offense... though it also sort of makes the team feel like the old Colts teams whose defense was good at playing with a lead but not otherwise. We’ll see.

OBJ has always had a bit of an Instagram bromance with Brady but I don’t see how his contract or attitude fit in New England. Sanders probably fits, I think he would conform to the program better than Beckham...

Apparently Desean Jackson has requested a trade

Our mid-field coverage is a feckin Joke, our pass rush is weak, our run defense is a Sieve, our backup TEs are the Worst in football, our RB depth is Non-existent, and Bill is looking for...WRs?!? Hey Genius, why the feck didn't you just keep Jordan Matthews around until his hamstring healed?

Our mid-field coverage is a feckin Joke, our pass rush is weak, our run defense is a Sieve, our backup TEs are the Worst in football, our RB depth is Non-existent, and Bill is looking for...WRs?!? Hey Genius, why the feck didn't you just keep Jordan Matthews around until his hamstring healed?
Easy now, Captain...easy :D

We already have one
We already had WW when Edelman came onboard. We already had Vereen when White arrived. We already had Bledsoe when we drafted Brady.

thinking out loud here, but 1-7 San Fran, good relationship of BB with Lynch, vet CB Richard Sherman... the cost could not be very high, could it?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back