PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make it easy and set a 9 year qualifier within the last 10 years. Good (as it relates to completion %) can be defined as not having a career avg that would put you in the bottom 3 of the NFL this past season. As long as you're not there, Ill accept it. All I need is a career avg in the top 29, and I'll listen to the rest. If you can't meet that minimum requirement after 9 years in an era designed to benefit the QB, I'm going to have to place you in backup territory. Talk about grading on a curve.

your parameters are meaning less.....nothing to see here, move along

He will start somewhere
There is a distinct possibility that his attitude could cost him a chance. He won’t start unless he replaces an injured player but I think many teams have him on the no thanks list. But that’s an impression which certainly could be wrong.

Here's a radical proposal, how about putting the 32 best people in charge of franchises even in the (admittedly highly unlikely) circumstance that exactly 0 or them -- or exactly 32 of them -- are black.

Already black head coaches are facing some backlash that they are pity hires or affirmative action hires, even when they're very highly qualified. can we maybe not make that worse for them in a misguided effort to legislate opportunity by forcing outcomes?

Reading @Ring 6's take on how white coaches are hired only because they're better than black coaches reminded me of this classic Andy post:
SmartSelect_20190712-234746_Firefox.jpg

New York and California are proportionately underrepresesented in this country, as are any other populous states, Massachusetts included. You know this.
DXo4.gif

Reading @Ring 6's take on how white coaches are hired only because they're better than black coaches reminded me of this classic Andy post:
View attachment 27377
When did I say white coaches are hired because they are better than black coaches?

I said competition creates the incentive to hire the best man for the job.
Given that in recent years the percentage of black coaches hired is higher than the percentage of black population, you could conclude I feel black coaches are better than white coaches.
But that conflicts with your identity politics view of life.

When did I say white coaches are hired because they are better than black coaches?

I said competition creates the incentive to hire the best man for the job.
Given that in recent years the percentage of black coaches hired is higher than the percentage of black population, you could conclude I feel black coaches are better than white coaches.
But that conflicts with your identity politics view of life.
What would be great is if Andy answered the above Ring6 post and disagreed. You can do it.

What would be great is if Andy answered the above Ring6 post and disagreed. You can do it.
Why does Andy refuse to come back?

It seems like you guys are really close to solving this problem. Keep up the good work.

It starts at childhood when african american children get in trouble more for doing the same things as white kids, they don't get called on in class, their role models are different, they have different dreams...the police hassle them for walking down the street, they get followed by security in stores, they cannot get jobs because they aren't named Steve or Jen even though they have exactly the same resumes, they cannot rent an apartment because that landlord doesn't rent to african americans, they can't get mortgages for "reasons."

It goes on and on and on and on...But, you keep on living in that world where everything is generally the same...."faulk them, you got yours"

Yep if you say so. The majority of black kids in this country attends schools with predominately black students. Ah nevermind...

Because, the truth is funny.

Sorry, white nationalist, proportionate representation would be a nightmare for you and your grievance brat buddies.

And it's off to ignore with your disrespectful ass. you have no purpose.

It seems like you guys are really close to solving this problem. Keep up the good work.

We are THIS close.

I think another few hundred posts and we'll come to a consensus, and Joker will write a summary of our recommendations and send it to NFL HQ.

Because, the truth is funny.

Sorry, white nationalist, proportionate representation would be a nightmare for you and your grievance brat buddies.

And it's off to ignore with your disrespectful ass. you have no purpose.
There’s that annoying little thing called the constitution and the fact that we are a republic and the UNITED STATES of America getting in the way of your beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes