PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask because there are some "minorities" in this country who kicks the ***e$ of the "majority" as it pertains to things like income, wealth, education, etc.

this is an inaccurate generalization....just because Asians are making regular appearances as valedictorians doesn't make that true for the entire demographic.

oh jeezus.......the last clown who started to this path here is now home in Jacksonville, sucking his thumb......you want the same result?

Im not concerned about the opinions of a racist member of the militant left on the internet

much with the disparities occur due to discrimination......the truly glaring instances are what you see in the news......black kid jogging is gunned down, black woman blown away in bed......you know the less glaring they are, the more frequently they happen. to deny it doesn't speak about them, it speaks about you

I have first hand experience.....while I have the same skin color, so people can't see it coming, English is my 2nd language, and I watched my family be subjected to the same kinds of things when the bigots realized we were immigrants.

Every person alive faces persecution at the hands of others, whether it's the non-English speaking immigrant, the gunned down black kid, the old white man victimized in a "knock-out" game, the ugly kid for being ugly, the fat guy for being fat, the smart kid for being smart, the dumb kid for being dumb, etc.

The majority of the disparities in this country are the result of self-inflicted choices.

well.....you can't change bigots, so forcing PC down their throats is always fun to watch in it's place

minorities are all being discriminated against routinely.........FACT

Everybody on earth is being discriminated against routinely. That doesn't mean anything. Why do some minority groups significantly outperform the majority, while others blame the majority for their plight?

this is an inaccurate generalization....just because Asians are making regular appearances as valedictorians doesn't make that true for the entire demographic.

Compare their income levels to the median incomes of other groups? How did that happen, and why does it happen? What skills, beliefs, behaviors do Asian-Americans value that less successful groups don't? How about our Jewish population?

Last edited:
Then I guess your point is rather than throwing insults I stuck to the facts.

You didn't, though. You resorted to an ad hom to avoid a substantive response. You may not have lobbed personal insults but the practical effect was the same.

Every person alive faces persecution at the hands of others, whether it's the non-English speaking immigrant, the gunned down black kid, the old white man victimized in a "knock-out" game, the ugly kid for being ugly, the fat guy for being fat, the smart kid for being smart, the dumb kid for being dumb, etc.

The majority of the disparities in this country are the result of self-inflicted choices.

so you're excusing bigotry......why am I not surprised......

You’re a football fan is your answer

speak for yourself.......that last thing anyone needs is to get 'advice' by some sloth who spent the first 50 years of his life face down somewhere.....the smartest thing you could ever say is 'don't be me'

Everybody on earth is being discriminated against routinely. That doesn't mean anything. Why do some minority groups significantly outperform the majority, while others blame the majority for their plight?

that's what bigots say

You didn't, though. You resorted to an ad hom to avoid a substantive response. You may not have lobbed personal insults but the practical effect was the same.
I absolutely did not. I dismissed the comments of someone who made them by stating a partisan bias and backed it up with a source that was partisan.
That is not an ad hominem attack it is noting an admitted bias exists backed up by a source with a bias.

so you're excusing bigotry......why am I not surprised......

Just acknowledging its permanent place in the human condition while also stating the obvious...that the socioeconomic problems people face (in this country) are the result of individual choices far more often than they are the result of bigotry.

Just acknowledging its permanent place in the human condition while also stating the obvious...that the socioeconomic problems people face (in this country) are the result of individual choices far more often than they are the result of bigotry.

that's what a bigot would say

upload_2020-5-20_12-25-40.png

The term is subjective, and works 2 ways, not just one.

I'm pretty big myself...but my last name isn't Ott. Hope that clears things up a bit in here.

much with the disparities occur due to discrimination......the truly glaring instances are what you see in the news......black kid jogging is gunned down, black woman blown away in bed......you know the less glaring they are, the more frequently they happen. to deny it doesn't speak about them, it speaks about you
Don’t forget about the ones which don’t make national news.... the couple gunned down visiting their son’s gravesite.... or the couple who barely cling to life after being assaulted by a man with a machete in Tennessee...

Oh wait... those are examples of the far, far more prevalent black-on-white crime, so I guess neither you nor the national media cares about that....

As you say, the less glaring they are, the more frequently they happen. I guess that’s why white-on-black crimes make the national news every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots