PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of comp %, do people really think Cam is a fit in this offense?

It’s not a massive difference. It works out to about 1.5 more completions per game for Brady relative to Newton.

Where would 59% have put him in the QB rankings for 2019?

Answer: Bottom 3

Now realize this is career avg (despite the 1 good passing season these tools want to reference). It's awful.

Do we need to edit the title here ... :haha:
The Cam Newton thread ... who knew? :headscratch:

Now realize this is career avg (despite the 1 good passing season these tools want to reference). It's awful.

By this logic, Tom Brady’s career completion percentage of 63.8 puts him in the bottom half of the league.

I think the degree to which you are torturing these statistics is a violation of the Geneva Conventions.

The health is the big thing. That is why Carolina moved on. Really stinks for him because the virus has not let him try out for anyone. I do think if he has a chance to try out for Bill there is a chance we might sign him but I read a report awhile back saying McDaniels is not high on him for whatever reason.

yeah....not sure he's a fit, but since the entire scheme is up in the air, who knows......I was not saying the pats should hire him......just the boneheadedness of others rationale

Let’s do a little expertise. Brian Hoyer has a career has a 59% completion percentage.

Does anyone think he can win an MVP?

Does anyone think he can be the driving force towards a SB appearance?

Does anyone think he was ever viewed as a top QB in the league?

Does anyone think there is a single NFL coach or GM that thinks Hoyer is relatively in the same ballpark as Newton?

So.... why is this stat the definitive stat for him

Once again....for the umpteenth time....because he is entering an age where pure athleticism starts to fade, meaning as a QB he will more than likely have to start relying on his arm more than his legs. His arm has proven awful for the significant majority of his career.

Yes, Brady had a relatively poor season last year, and if he had played worse than that for his entire career, he wouldn't be Tom Brady. He'd be Cam Newton as a passer.

another baseless statement

By this logic, Tom Brady’s career completion percentage of 63.8 puts him in the bottom half of the league.

I think the degree to which you are torturing these statistics is a violation of the Geneva Conventions.

To say Cam Newton is an inaccurate QB is not "torturing statistics". It is a statement of fact.

You're claiming Cam Newton is still an ascending player?
That’s not what a ceiling is. Learn about the terms you are talking about.

You are full of it. You think if you decided you wanted to be a coach right now your first job would be as an assistant on an NFL team? How about a division 1 NCAA team.

No you’d be lucky to find a high school that would let you help out.

It’s complete crap to say they started at the bottom. Pure ignorance. Borderline disqualifying opinion
If I was a college football player with a talent and interest in coaching I could absolutely get a grunt job. It happens all the time.

steve belichick started as a coaching assistant doing grunt work just like everyone else who worked their way up. Of course he got the job because of his father but how is that racist hiring policies?

Again what is your plan, anyone with a relative in the nfl is barred from being a coach.

are you really telling me that an affirmative action policy is required because a coach hires his kid? Seriously?

It’s not a massive difference. It works out to about 1.5 more completions per game for Brady relative to Newton. That’s a rounding error.

FWIW Cam’s completion percentage puts him 56th all time on the career leaders. Perfectly fine regardless of the era.

Say what you will about Cam but dying on the hill of completion percentage is laughable.
1.5 completion per game every game is not a rounding error.

Let’s do a little expertise. Brian Hoyer has a career has a 59% completion percentage.

Does anyone think he can win an MVP?

Does anyone think he can be the driving force towards a SB appearance?

Does anyone think he was ever viewed as a top QB in the league?

Does anyone think there is a single NFL coach or GM that thinks Hoyer is relatively in the same ballpark as Newton?

So.... why is this stat the definitive stat for him
5 years ago Newton would have been in demand. He is not who he was 5 years ago.

5 years ago Newton would have been in demand. He is not who he was 5 years ago.
His second best passing season was the last full season he played. As demonstrated before.

Yeah, and then they will add a another rule saying you lose a draft pick if you fire a person of color. God, just let us be done with it and mandate that every hire has to be a person of color for the next 5 years.
Absolutely, because this is what the Left, Inc. does all the time...Give them an inch, and they'll demand the entire yardstick, because among other things reparaaations...

If I was a college football player with a talent and interest in coaching I could absolutely get a grunt job. It happens all the time.

steve belichick started as a coaching assistant doing grunt work just like everyone else who worked their way up. Of course he got the job because of his father but how is that racist hiring policies?

Again what is your plan, anyone with a relative in the nfl is barred from being a coach.

are you really telling me that an affirmative action policy is required because a coach hires his kid? Seriously?
There is not a non college HC in the country that wouldn’t jump at the opportunity to be an assistant to Bill Belichick on the Patriots.

That is a job that every single person wanting to get into coaching would want. That is a job that hundreds of coaches and assistant coaches would love the opportunity to apply for.

That’s immediately putting an NFL team on your resume, that’s putting Bill Belichick on your resume. That’s a chance at pivoting to other jobs in the NFL right away. That’s in demand for a ton of college jobs right away,

The coaches kid with no experience that just got out of college got that opportunity that almost in the profession would view as basically a career foundation.

Acting like it’s grunt work shows exactly how foolish you are.

Now we're taking single seasons over a career's worth of evidence. Keep it coming...this is getting good.

the best data is recent data.......you'd have to be an idiot to consider numbers from 5+ years ago......unless you are trying to turn nonsense into even bigger nonsense

Ignorance would be saying a 31 year old QB who completed less than 60% of his passes in 6 of his 9 seasons would automatically be the best QB in the East.

you can't cherry pick your way out of making moronic statements

so which AFCE QB is better than Newton?

Last edited:

keep picking those cherries........it's not working, but it's fun watching you try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe