PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, because this is what the Left, Inc. does all the time...Give them an inch, and they'll demand the entire yardstick, because among other things reparaaations...

is that what the left does ALL THE TIME?

the right is much more consistent with it's 'misbehaviors'

To say Cam Newton is an inaccurate QB is not "torturing statistics". It is a statement of fact.

no it's not.........it's an opinion for which you are unable to provide a basis for comparison

I’m coming into the thread kind of late here, so I don’t know if this has been proposed, but how about:

Minority candidates can receive/accept offers two weeks earlier than non-minority candidates. So teams that find minority candidates are good enough to meet the standard are encouraged to make an offer. They may find that waiting for two weeks is too risky and can result in losing out on all of their preferred coaches.

That’s not what a ceiling is. Learn about the terms you are talking about.

You're simply trying to take one year out of nine as evidence of what you think he is. I am taking the entire nine year career as my evidence. In other words, you're cherry-picking, because you are 100% aware Cam Newton is not a good NFL passer.

Cams just late on throws. Not necessarily innacurate

the best data is recent data.......you'd have to be an idiot to consider numbers from 5+ years ago......unless you are trying to turn nonsense into even bigger nonsense

You're using a single season 2 years ago as your only data point of reference. You'd "have to be an idiot to do that".

You're using a single season 2 years ago as your only data point of reference. You'd "have to be an idiot to do that".

the most recent season is a much better indicator than a single career stat......your drowning in your own argument

you can't cherry pick your way out of making moronic statements

so which AFCE QB is better than Newton?

All 4 are young, potentially ascending players. Would you trade any of them (assuming contracts were the same) straight up for Newton? With the exception of possibly Stidham, the answer would be a definitive no.

You're simply trying to take one year out of nine as evidence of what you think he is. I am taking the entire nine year career as my evidence. In other words, you're cherry-picking, because you are 100% aware Cam Newton is not a good NFL passer.
In other words you don’t know what a ceiling is.

All 4 are young, potentially ascending players. Would you trade any of them (assuming contracts were the same) straight up for Newton? With the exception of possibly Stidham, the answer would be a definitive no.
Yes every single one. The only thing any of them have over Newton is

1. youth

2. being an unknown commodity

the most recent season is a much better indicator than a single career stat......your drowning in your own argument
He just doesn’t like Newton so he’s clinging to individual bad arguments and hoping he can hold onto them long enough

Yes every single one. The only thing any of them have over Newton is

1. youth

2. being an unknown commodity

Unknown = Better than proven inaccuracy.

By the way, since we're just cherry picking information, and one season is better evidence than an entire career, he was a 56% passer last year. Who cares if it was only 2 games?

He just doesn’t like Newton so he’s clinging to individual bad arguments and hoping he can hold onto them long enough

I don't dislike Newton at all. He is simply a poor NFL passer as his career numbers display.

1 data point is better than 9? Really?
Unknown = Better than proven inaccuracy.

By the way, since we're just cherry picking information, and one season is better evidence than an entire career, he was a 56% passer last year. Who cares if it was only 2 games?
Imagine living and dying by one stat lol.

I don't dislike Newton at all. He is simply a poor NFL passer as his career numbers display.
Then you should be capable of making a better argument than holding him to

1. a year he was injured and played two games

2. saying he wouldn’t run when he ran fine two years ago before his injury

3. Repeating one stat over and over again

His second best passing season was the last full season he played. As demonstrated before.
No it really wasn’t.
Look if you want to think that newton is an accurate passer and could be successful without running often that’s up to you but I don’t see it. Not even close.

No it really wasn’t.
Look if you want to think that newton is an accurate passer and could be successful without running often that’s up to you but I don’t see it. Not even close.
I think you are mixing up accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back