PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL scout on Garoppolo: Bill thinks he's got the next great one

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this is the last season. You would have to force garoppolo to stay with the tag sndvyiu simply cannot pay a backup 24 mill, hell you can't pay a guy with his experience 24 mill to start.

And there will be no QB controversy. The only way Brady is not here longer than JAG is if he totally falls apart and retires.

There not gonna ride Brady until he falls off a cliff into the ground, thats just not how BB operates this team, he could retire here, BB could trade him, anythings possible

There not gonna ride Brady until he falls off a cliff into the ground, thats just not how BB operates this team, he could retire here, BB could trade him, anythings possible
Brady wants to play until his mid 40s.
Brady is currently the best QB in the NFL.
The Patriots won 2 of the last 3 SBs by being carried by Brady and would not have won either with any other QB.

Riding Brady until he can't do it any more is EXACTLY what BB is about.
Dumping the GOAT playing near his peak is exactly not how BB operates.

I can say that barring a series of highly unlikely events, TB12 will be the starting QB for the entire 2017 season.

But your point is taken. None of us really know if we'll wake up in the morning.

Thanks. But to take it further I see only 1 legitimate event that would prevent him from being the starting QB for the entire 2017 season. Injury (hurts even typing that).

You are joking right?

Not at all.

Maybe you should get out of the house and away from the keyboard for a while.......don't you have an imaginary meeting with Bill and Josh this morning? :cool:

Not at all.

Maybe you should get out of the house and away from the keyboard for a while.......don't you have an imaginary meeting with Bill and Josh this morning? :cool:
Why are you being a douchebag just because I pointed out your plan was impossible?

BB let Bruschi, Brown, and Faulk play here until they were absolutely unable to go anymore. And that is with them all showing clear indications that they were on the back 9 and had trade value. These were special players. TB is beyond a special player. At this point he is actually playing better than he was 10 years ago and is showing no sign of decline.

BB let Bruschi, Brown, and Faulk play here until they were absolutely unable to go anymore. And that is with them all showing clear indications that they were on the back 9 and had trade value. These were special players. TB is beyond a special player. At this point he is actually playing better than he was 10 years ago and is showing no sign of decline.
Brady's career is not going to end because he can't play any more. He could lose much of his physical skill and still have this team in the hunt for a SB just in his mental skills (and yes still be better than JAG).
His career will end because as you age the preparation gets harder. The day Brady is not 100% into preparing for the upcoming season is the day he knows it's almost over.

And bill belichick knows this and will never dump the GOAT.

Don't kid yourself. Bruschi and Faulk were kept on because they're tough to replace and could still provide more even right at the end of their runs than most of the players you could bring in to replace them. They might not have been highlight players but were better than most of the league's roleplayers at their position and they were fine with being paid accordingly, that's why they were kept.

Brady has shown to be fine to be paid like a player in decline, he's accepted far less than he's worth (is there a cap on what a GOAT QB is worth?) and that makes him tough to get rid of, even above and beyond still being elite at his position. But there is no such thing as a roleplaying part time quarterback, you're either the starter or you're not, so the equation is definitely different.

If we have Brady playing crap at quarterback that hurts us a whole HELL of a lot more than having Bruschi as a 4th string linebacker doing his job as best he can and sharing the benefit of his experience with the up and comers. Quarterback isn't a position you let a guy hang onto to the better end unless you either have no choice or are convinced he can rally. One of the two. The first doesn't apply in this situation, if there was a possible opening at the position and no Garoppolo every single out of work quarterback in the league would be sending Belichick love notes. And the second would be a mistake if you're good enough to contend, and BB doesn't make too many mistakes.

There is no one who has a better feel for the situation than Belichick. If he's fine holding pat I'll take that as gospel. If he makes a move I'm instantly fine with it. But if you start ruling things out, you're just limiting yourself, and BB is smarter than that. Don't rule out any possibility. Including the possibility of BB dumping Brady a year or two before TB12 is ready to go if he thinks that's the best thing for the franchise.

simpleton, I will agree its different for roleplayers as they can play a few snaps. My point was only to show a pattern that with particular special players like those 3 they were given every opp to go.

But yes, they could not perform as starters at the end and with QB is all or nothing. I will agree with that so BB has less leeway.

Don't kid yourself. Bruschi and Faulk were kept on because they're tough to replace and could still provide more even right at the end of their runs than most of the players you could bring in to replace them. They might not have been highlight players but were better than most of the league's roleplayers at their position and they were fine with being paid accordingly, that's why they were kept.

Brady has shown to be fine to be paid like a player in decline, he's accepted far less than he's worth (is there a cap on what a GOAT QB is worth?) and that makes him tough to get rid of, even above and beyond still being elite at his position. But there is no such thing as a roleplaying third string quarterback, you're either the starter or you're not, so the equation is definitely different.

If we have Brady playing crap at quarterback that hurts us a whole HELL of a lot more than having Bruschi as a 4th string linebacker doing his job as best he can and sharing the benefit of his experience with the up and comers. Quarterback isn't a position you let a guy hang onto to the better end unless you either have no choice or are convinced he can rally. One of the two. The first doesn't apply in this situation, if there was a possible opening at the position and no Garoppolo every single out of work quarterback in the league would be sending Belichick love notes. And the second would be a mistake if you're good enough to contend, and BB doesn't make too many mistakes.

There is no one who has a better feel for the situation than Belichick. If he's fine holding pat I'll take that as gospel. If he makes a move I'm instantly fine with it. But if you start ruling things out, you're just limiting yourself, and BB is smarter than that. Don't rule out any possibility. Including the possibility of BB dumping Brady a year or two before TB12 is ready to go if he thinks that's the best thing for the franchise.
When was bruschi a 4th string LB?

What you are right about is bb will do what is best for the team. Where you are completely wrong is where you think getting rid of tom Brady too early could possibly be best for the team.

The preseason games will be interesting to see Jimmy in action. If he tears it up, maybe trade talks will resume.

So you think bill belichick is going to bench Tom Brady this year? Ok.

Since I'm now 100% certain you're incapable of comprehending and you're actually not attempting to stir things up. I'll play along and pretend I said BB was going to bench TB :rolleyes:

While we're in make believe word in your mind, let's take it a step further, let's pretend you read I said BB should have benched TB12 in SB51 just before the start of overtime. I think you heard me say BB should have put Edelman in at QB for the final drive.

Since I'm now 100% certain you're incapable of comprehending and you're actually not attempting to stir things up. I'll play along and pretend I said BB was going to bench TB :rolleyes:

While we're in make believe word in your mind, let's take it a step further, let's pretend you read I said BB should have benched TB12 in SB51 just before the start of overtime. I think you heard me say BB should have put Edelman in at QB for the final drive.
You specifically said Brady may not be the QB for all of 2017. Your words.

You are also the guy who said JAG will
stay and sit in the bench happily fit 3-4 more years and then we will turn the franchise over to a guy who has barely played football for 7 years.

If you think you are misunderstood a normal person would explain what they meant to say.
You seem to think you say one thing and mean something else and that is someone else's fault.

Frankly you are acting like a childish victim.

You're absolutely right about Bruschi, Brown and Faulk. The difference is that they were more easily replaceable than Tom Brady. I think BB will be here long after TB is gone. I believe this to my core: Bill Belichick will replace Tom Brady earlier rather than later, if he thinks he has a reasonable replacement for him. If JG is franchised, which will be extremely difficult to do, or if he re-ups without the franchise tag, Tom will be in jeopardy. I believe Tom Brady will end his career elsewhere, and I despise saying that. But, I think he's the type of guy who will need to have the uniform ripped off his back before he retires.

This is exactly why I laugh my ass off when the football know nothings (mazz,shank) on sports radio wonder why the Pats didn't trade him for the number 1 pick. Simply put he's wasn't traded because he has everything it takes to be great...and the number 1 player in the draft is worthless in 3 years without a great QB.

There are lots of reasons to believe the Pats were never offered a first rounder for JG or much at all for that matter.

JG has a long way to go before he should be considered "great" by anyone. That is if he is not fragile which is another problem.

There are lots of reasons to believe the Pats were never offered a first rounder for JG or much at all for that matter.

JG has a long way to go before he should be considered "great" by anyone. That is if he is not fragile which is another problem.

Iirc there were solid reports that the Brownies were offering #12 for Jimmy.

You're absolutely right about Bruschi, Brown and Faulk. The difference is that they were more easily replaceable than Tom Brady. I think BB will be here long after TB is gone. I believe this to my core: Bill Belichick will replace Tom Brady earlier rather than later, if he thinks he has a reasonable replacement for him. If JG is franchised, which will be extremely difficult to do, or if he re-ups without the franchise tag, Tom will be in jeopardy. I believe Tom Brady will end his career elsewhere, and I despise saying that. But, I think he's the type of guy who will need to have the uniform ripped off his back before he retires.

I tend to agree. If BB sees Tom dropping in performance say 5% next year from 2016 and projects another 5% in 2018 , I think he's moving him for as much value he can get in return.

One year early....

Iirc there were solid reports that the Brownies were offering #12 for Jimmy.

Could be mistaken but I think I recall most of these reports were sourced from one Browns reporter. She was the only one to report this and kept beating this drum but I doubt she had a lot of actual insight into what the team had in mind.

I think they trade JG if the offer they got trumped the need for a solid insurance option for Brady and clearly that did not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back