PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL scout on Garoppolo: Bill thinks he's got the next great one

Status
Not open for further replies.
And who in hell is suggesting otherwise? Honestly we're so traumatized by the Brady fanatics that we're locked into some weird kind of bnary thinking. It's entirely possible to love both Brady and Garoppolo.
Defensive much? Did I miss where I accused anyone of doing that? If so, please feel free to point that post out for me.

NFL scout on Garoppolo: 'Bill thinks he's got the next great one'

Today's topic: Why is Jimmy Garoppolo still here?

Scout 1 (AFC) -- . . . To me, the answer is simple: Bill thinks he's got the next great one. I watched his snaps. I think he can be that. [Garoppolo] has a great base, and his mechanics are close enough to [Brady] that you appreciate his willingness to learn and the coaching he's gotten there." . . .

Scout 2 (AFC) -- . . . "I absolutely loved the kid coming out of college. When we interviewed him, [it was obvious] he's got those qualities you want in a QB, as a leader. I begged our guys to take him at the end of the first round. That's how good I thought he was then. He's a hell of a lot better now. . . .

Former Pats player -- "I played against him every day in practice. He's all that." Why? "He can make all the throws. He can process all the information. He is a gamer. He can slow it down. He can spin it. I'm going tell you this, if he had gotten traded to Cleveland, they're a borderline playoff team. I really believe that."

Scout 3 (NFC) -- "I know teams called and got nowhere. Easy conclusion is they see Garoppolo as the next QB. But I think it could be as simple as the value there. He's the player one snap away. . . .

Front Office (AFC) -- "Bill knows something we don't. That's the way I read it. Whether it's Brady's future, or what they didn't see in Brissett, or something about the makeup of Garoppolo, he just couldn't part company with him. I can't say as I blame him." . . .​

For the full article, see:
NFL scout on Garoppolo: 'Bill thinks he's got the next great one'
I've been saying the same thing all along. The kid is special.

Assuming there was even a sniff of a decent offer, it's obvious Bill likes him or he would have traded him. Even if Brissett wasn't ready he could have signed a vet to be #2 for a year. If Bill doesn't like him he'd be gone even if it was a mediocre offer as opposed to the godfather offer we were all hoping for.

How to deal with the fact that Brady is still playing at G.O.A.T. level ? We kicked that can down the road for 12 months. Things may change by then for either #10 or #12.

Somewhere in New England, this is being misconstrued by someone as proof that "everyone wants Brady to be benched except for me."

Meanwhile, the Bears are desperately applying lipstick to a pig named Mike Glennon, while other teams are drafting mid-round QBs in the top 15.
You don't think Glennon is worth $45 million/3 years with $18 million guaranteed??? I want to know who his agent is because I have a hard time believing he kept a straight face during negotiations....

Don't overthink this.

Fact 1 Brady and JG have the SAME agent.
Yee knows a lot more about Brady's plans than we do.

The succession plan may already be in place with the knowledge of Yee, BB, Kraft, Brady and JG.

Nobody will say anything.

Enjoy the ride however long it last. This may be Brady's last year, no farewell tour, just play and leave like the other great(est) Boston winner William Russell.

Don't overthink this.

Fact 1 Brady and JG have the SAME agent.
Yee knows a lot more about Brady's plans than we do.

The succession plan may already be in place with the knowledge of Yee, BB, Kraft, Brady and JG.

Nobody will say anything.

Enjoy the ride however long it last. This may be Brady's last year, no farewell tour, just play and leave like the other great(est) Boston winner William Russell.

I think we have to wait to see, but I do think that if TB12 did decide to retire this coming season, he will give BB at least some time to cushion the shock. I don't think he'd just arbitrarily be done after the Superbowl, even with Jimmy G in the wings, he would tell BB even if he didn't tell us.

That said, Kraft would pitch a SCREAMING FIT if he didn't give a chance to give Brady a proper sendoff, it would be worth millions to him and his franchise even if Brady didn't want it, so if the franchise knew, they'd probably leak it in the last few games of the regular season at the very least, to start building the hype for whatever high priced event they actually say farewell with.

There's no way the franchise is going to pass up the cash-in opportunities of giving the guy a proper sendoff. That stuff takes time to really build the hype for too. So I'll take the lack of noise on this going into TC as no, Brady has every intention of at least playing beyond this coming season.

If Garoppolo can be Steve Young to Brady's Montana, then great. But let's not force the GOAT out while he's still playing like the GOAT.

Pretty sure EVERYONE agrees with you on this. But let's not trade away a player that the best coaching staff on the planet thinks has all the tools to be very good.

TB12 for 3-4 years and then let's keep the party going!

Last edited:
A) Mir Sir, My Sir

B) Excuse me?

A) Mere Surmise, Sir...accept the mystery.

Are you Aaron Burr, Sir?

mens-woodrow-hamilton-new-england-patriots-56-pro-line-navy-name--number-t-shirt.jpg

I think we have to wait to see, but I do think that if TB12 did decide to retire this coming season, he will give BB at least some time to cushion the shock. I don't think he'd just arbitrarily be done after the Superbowl, even with Jimmy G in the wings, he would tell BB even if he didn't tell us.

That said, Kraft would pitch a SCREAMING FIT if he didn't give a chance to give Brady a proper sendoff, it would be worth millions to him and his franchise even if Brady didn't want it, so if the franchise knew, they'd probably leak it in the last few games of the regular season at the very least, to start building the hype for whatever high priced event they actually say farewell with.

There's no way the franchise is going to pass up the cash-in opportunities of giving the guy a proper sendoff. That stuff takes time to really build the hype for too. So I'll take the lack of noise on this going into TC as no, Brady has every intention of at least playing beyond this coming season.

I doubt they'd ever do that. Sounds like a huge distraction. That's the last thing this team wants. Brady also never makes it about himself, I bet he'd be very uncomfortable with any sort of farewell tour.

If Jimmy G IS the "next Brady" and he plays his career in Foxboro, I'm pretty sure this will finally kill off that walking talking piece of excremental scumbagness, Roger Thudell...(as in "thud!"...hey what was that?...oh...just a giant turd collapsing on the sidewalk outside of 345 Park Ave...)

If Jimmy G IS the "next Brady" and he plays his career in Foxboro, I'm pretty sure this will finally kill off that walking talking piece of excremental scumbagness, Roger Thudell...(as in "thud!"...hey what was that?...oh...just a giant turd collapsing on the sidewalk outside of 345 Park Ave...)

Lol at them finding out the Patriots are gonna be contenders for the next 10-15yrs and lucky us, 30+yrs worth of dominance

Ah, he'll suspend Garoppolo for having too many vowels in his last name.

I doubt they'd ever do that. Sounds like a huge distraction. That's the last thing this team wants. Brady also never makes it about himself, I bet he'd be very uncomfortable with any sort of farewell tour.

You know this isn't just about brady. Do you think the rest of the franchise has a right for a bit of closure at the end of the era? Because I do.

He owes it to history and to the franchise to let us give him proper accolades on his way out. Even if you disagree, I'd be bottom dollar that Kraft sees it that way.

You know this isn't just about brady. Do you think the rest of the franchise has a right for a bit of closure at the end of the era? Because I do.

He owes it to history and to the franchise to let us give him proper accolades on his way out. Even if you disagree, I'd be bottom dollar that Kraft sees it that way.

I would rather have no accolades if it means there are fewer distractions that decrease our chance of winning at the end of the season. I'm sure Belichick thinks the same thing and would shoot down whatever Kraft proposes. Having special ceremonies for a player who is trying to get ready for the game flies in the face of everything our team stands for.

There'll be plenty of time for retiring Brady's number, inducting him into our HoF, and whatever else, after he's done and Jimmy G or whoever else is our starting QB. There will be a special Brady night every year after he retires for the foreseeable future. Probably when we play the Jets like we seem to do with Bruschi nights.

So who's the "former Pats player"? Since he says he played against him every day in practice, I'm going to assume it's a defensive player. Chris Long, Logan Ryan, Jamie Collins?
Probably not a quote from Jamie Collins or he would have said "... if our incompetent front office had been smart enough to trade for him, we'd be a playoff team."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye