PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL scout on Garoppolo: Bill thinks he's got the next great one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradyking12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
NFL scout on Garoppolo: 'Bill thinks he's got the next great one'

Today's topic: Why is Jimmy Garoppolo still here?

Scout 1 (AFC) -- . . . To me, the answer is simple: Bill thinks he's got the next great one. I watched his snaps. I think he can be that. [Garoppolo] has a great base, and his mechanics are close enough to [Brady] that you appreciate his willingness to learn and the coaching he's gotten there." . . .

Scout 2 (AFC) -- . . . "I absolutely loved the kid coming out of college. When we interviewed him, [it was obvious] he's got those qualities you want in a QB, as a leader. I begged our guys to take him at the end of the first round. That's how good I thought he was then. He's a hell of a lot better now. . . .

Former Pats player -- "I played against him every day in practice. He's all that." Why? "He can make all the throws. He can process all the information. He is a gamer. He can slow it down. He can spin it. I'm going tell you this, if he had gotten traded to Cleveland, they're a borderline playoff team. I really believe that."

Scout 3 (NFC) -- "I know teams called and got nowhere. Easy conclusion is they see Garoppolo as the next QB. But I think it could be as simple as the value there. He's the player one snap away. . . .

Front Office (AFC) -- "Bill knows something we don't. That's the way I read it. Whether it's Brady's future, or what they didn't see in Brissett, or something about the makeup of Garoppolo, he just couldn't part company with him. I can't say as I blame him." . . .​

For the full article, see:
NFL scout on Garoppolo: 'Bill thinks he's got the next great one'

If Garoppolo can be Steve Young to Brady's Montana, then great. But let's not force the GOAT out while he's still playing like the GOAT.

A) Mir Sir, My Sir

B) Excuse me?

A) Mere Surmise, Sir...accept the mystery.

So who's the "former Pats player"? Since he says he played against him every day in practice, I'm going to assume it's a defensive player. Chris Long, Logan Ryan, Jamie Collins?

So who's the "former Pats player"? Since he says he played against him every day in practice, I'm going to assume it's a defensive player. Chris Long, Logan Ryan, Jamie Collins?

I'm thinking someone on secondary so probably Logan Ryan

• Agree
Reactions: ALP

In another format of that article I saw, the former player is quoted as wanting to remain anonymous because he may want to come back sometime. That to me rules out Collins and Long.

Since it was that jock -sniffer Girardi who wrote this and IIRC was one of the first to break Ryan jumping to TN, it bet it was him.

Another Jimmy thread? Cool! Let me just do this one thing first...

3-archie.gif

Revis is the former player?
Tavon Wilson?
Daryl Roberts?
Crevon Leblanc?
Can't think anyone else could be it

I love how a scout saying "I think it means BB thinks ....." becomes an article saying BB thinks ....

Since it was that jock -sniffer Girardi who wrote this and IIRC was one of the first to break Ryan jumping to TN, it bet it was him.
100% anonymous sources ======>>>>> fake news / click bait :)

Maybe Jimmys people are leaking this.
Or bill himself
Maybe he has a diabolical plan to trade him to the Jets for 5 high picks.
Knows all his weaknesses and makes him look like Ryan leaf Everytime he plays against him.

Or maybe he's just that good?

In another format of that article I saw, the former player is quoted as wanting to remain anonymous because he may want to come back sometime. That to me rules out Collins and Long.

Or its Collins and he doesn't want to say he thinks Cleveland has no chance at the playoffs with the QBs they have now.

Garopollo has 3-4 games worth of play (96 career attempts) and a QB rating of 106.2, and he has looked the part using the all mighty "eye test". Yes, I acknowledge it is a tiny sample size, but the problem with proven quarterbacks is they are staying with their current team. I've been singing this tune a long time: THE BROWNS SHOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY GIVEN UP THE #1 OVERALL PICK FOR JG. Of course, the Patriots wanted additional picks (may have been conditional), but according to all sources, the #1 overall pick made it a non-starter.

Meanwhile, the Bears are desperately applying lipstick to a pig named Mike Glennon, while other teams are drafting mid-round QBs in the top 15.

So BB thinks he's got the next Steve Young...

.... unless he doesn't.

Garopollo has 3-4 games worth of play (96 career attempts) and a QB rating of 106.2, and he has looked the part using the all mighty "eye test". Yes, I acknowledge it is a tiny sample size, but the problem with proven quarterbacks is they are staying with their current team. I've been singing this tune a long time: THE BROWNS SHOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY GIVEN UP THE #1 OVERALL PICK FOR JG. Of course, the Patriots wanted additional picks (may have been conditional), but according to all sources, the #1 overall pick made it a non-starter.

Meanwhile, the Bears are desperately applying lipstick to a pig named Mike Glennon, while other teams are drafting mid-round QBs in the top 15.

From what I've read, the Patriots never intended to trade JG, so I don't think even if a first overall was offered we would of jumped

If Garoppolo can be Steve Young to Brady's Montana, then great. But let's not force the GOAT out while he's still playing like the GOAT.
Brady already equals/exceeds Montana AND Young combined in every single aspect. Brady is his own Steve Young... When we are talking about replacing Brady we are talking about finding his "Jeff Garcia"... (but much better of course)

This is exactly why I laugh my ass off when the football know nothings (mazz,shank) on sports radio wonder why the Pats didn't trade him for the number 1 pick. Simply put he's wasn't traded because he has everything it takes to be great...and the number 1 player in the draft is worthless in 3 years without a great QB.

And who in hell is suggesting otherwise? Honestly we're so traumatized by the Brady fanatics that we're locked into some weird kind of bnary thinking. It's entirely possible to love both Brady and Garoppolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back