PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL scout on Garoppolo: Bill thinks he's got the next great one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Brady will not be traded. Among other reasons there is no market for him.

I tend to agree. If BB sees Tom dropping in performance say 5% next year from 2016 and projects another 5% in 2018 , I think he's moving him for as much value he can get in return.

One year early....
Would not be a popular move but that's why BB is BB.
Do you think Kraft would sign off on it.
I'm on record saying if Tom plays for another team it's San Fran.

Could be mistaken but I think I recall most of these reports were sourced from one Browns reporter. She was the only one to report this and kept beating this drum but I doubt she had a lot of actual insight into what the team had in mind.

I think they trade JG if the offer they got trumped the need for a solid insurance option for Brady and clearly that did not happen.
Correct. She reported the Browns made offers. Seems you do not believe her?

Could be mistaken but I think I recall most of these reports were sourced from one Browns reporter. She was the only one to report this and kept beating this drum but I doubt she had a lot of actual insight into what the team had in mind.

I think they trade JG if the offer they got trumped the need for a solid insurance option for Brady and clearly that did not happen.
There were multiple sources reporting first round offers and it wasn't just the Browns. Whether or not those were accurate or not is another question. But, Schefter and other seemingly reliable people reported that. We can all believe what we want. But, I heard Gil Brandt on SiriusXM today say he heard at least 3 teams offered #1s, and he's pretty wired in.

Kraft will go along. BB runs the football ops. We have no evidence of Kraft stoning BB on football decisions.

If Kraft blocked it I'd bet my bottom dollar BB would walk in a year or two.

That's not why " BB IS BB," he's so successful because he's smart and focused and getting rid of the best player in football to test out an unproven backup is as f.cking stupid as it gets.

I disagree, unless they're a contender. He's going to want to be on a good team with a good chance to win SB.

I honestly cannot wait for them to send Garrapolo packing and put an end to this ignorant bullsh.t. I swear to god this is the dumbest fan base in football. Unf.cking believable.

giphy.gif

"Urgent Batphone call for Andy Johnson!!!"
OMG!!! Oh no's!!!

Whatever Bill thinks is fine with us Patsfans.

Our job is to just sit and watch

That's not why " BB IS BB," he's so successful because he's smart and focused and getting rid of the best player in football to test out an unproven backup is as f.cking stupid as it gets.
No need for emotion. Whatever happens, fans have no say

It's not like Patsfans are going to boycott anything

I honestly cannot wait for them to send Garrapolo packing and put an end to this ignorant bullsh.t. I swear to god this is the dumbest fan base in football. Unf.cking believable.

You might want to temper your assessment of the discussion.

No one is saying to trade Tom. There are many ifs

There are two irrefutable facts as they exist today.

Brady is the best QB on the planet.

Jimmy is still here.

If people want to speculate, by behaving like a know-it-all puts you in a bad light.

If Bill sends Tom out of town in 2 years, you may want to consider going dark for a month or two.

Correct. She reported the Browns made offers. Seems you do not believe her?

It's not that I don't believe her but it seemed to me like she was the one and only source for a lot of these reports and she kept doubling down on it for some reason. I'm a little skeptical when I see that kind of reporting play itself out.

I disagree, unless they're a contender. He's going to want to be on a good team with a good chance to win SB.

You're right but not too many "contenders" need a 40+ year old QB to put them over the top. Most of them already have their guy at QB.

If he's traded I see him going to an all-in this-is-it win right now contending team...and there's only one I can think of... and I doubt the Pats would do anything to help make the Broncos better.

Or a team that would sell the farm to the Patriots simply for a chance to get their name in the papers and create buzz and sell tickets. There's only one of those too and I doubt even more the Pats would do anything to help the Jets.

It's not that I don't believe her but it seemed to me like she was the one and only source for a lot of these reports and she kept doubling down on it for some reason. I'm a little skeptical when I see that kind of reporting play itself out.
It all depends on who you believe and the credibility of the source.

Mary Kay Cabot has been covering the Brownies since Schottsie was HC. She's well connected and respected. I absolutely believed her reports which stated the Browns were willing to part with #12 for Jimmy.

Could she have been fed bad info? Maybe but if she's old school and queried multiple sources to support her scoop, I ll believer her. For all we know she may have a relationship with BB who fed her the info so the price for Jimmy could go up.

I believe her just as much as when Schefter reported Jimmy wasn't going anywhere.

After all these years, nothing would shock me. I can't imagine Brady being traded but I also can see how them turning away high compensation just to keep Jimmy for one year. I know this 2017 roster is beyond loaded and it's a good investment to keep a quality backup "just in case", but...

No matter what... in BB I trust. Brady is the GOAT. I like Jimmy. We'll see what happens.

You're right but not too many "contenders" need a 40+ year old QB to put them over the top. Most of them already have their guy at QB.

If he's traded I see him going to an all-in this-is-it win right now contending team...and there's only one I can think of... and I doubt the Pats would do anything to help make the Broncos better.

Or a team that would sell the farm to the Patriots simply for a chance to get their name in the papers and create buzz and sell tickets. There's only one of those too and I doubt even more the Pats would do anything to help the Jets.
Texans...Broncos...

Ivan, take Brady out of the equation for a moment: Purely from a football assessment of what Garoppolo brings to the table as quarterback, your feeling this way doesn't seem to compute.

You might want to temper your assessment of the discussion.

No one is saying to trade Tom. There are many ifs

There are two irrefutable facts as they exist today.

Brady is the best QB on the planet.

Jimmy is still here.

If people want to speculate, by behaving like a know-it-all puts you in a bad light.

If Bill sends Tom out of town in 2 years, you may want to consider going dark for a month or two.

Same discussion that's been rehashed here 100,000 times. Jimmy Garrapolo isn't going to be here in two years because they aren't going to pay him more than Tom Brady to hold a clipboard. If Belichick gets rid of Brady then he's a moron, period, but that won't happen because Belichick isn't a moron and the only people stupid enough to think he would have wood for Jimmy Garrapolo and delusions he will be a franchise QB for the next decade. So you tell me, what's more likely, Tim Brady continues to be a top 5 player in the league for the next four years, or Jimmy Garrapolo will step in and win 75% of his games and multiple Super Bowls over the next 6 years?

People can talk all they want about replacing Brady with Garrapolo but don't get offended when others tell you that is idiotic, because that is exactly what it is. And anyone who floats a completely idiotic idea out there should be able to take the criticism for it. Just as if I started a thread with the premise that they should move Malcom Butler to defensive tackle, which is on par with the idea of getting rid of Brady for Garrapolo.

Ivan, take Brady out of the equation for a moment: Purely from a football assessment of what Garoppolo brings to the table as quarterback, your feeling this way doesn't seem to compute.

Jimmy Garrapolo made it through 5 quarters when the Patriots needed him for four games. He looked good when he played but that's barely over one game, and NFL history is rife with QBs who had a few hot starts and then failed. He has never played a month, let alone a season, let alone a decade. People here are acting as if replacing Brady with Garrapolo will continue the dynasty, when in truth the dynasty is dead the moment either Belichick or Brady hangs them up, and for the life of me I cannot understand why every single Patriot fan wouldn't want that to last as long as possible. Jimmy Garrapolo could be a good QB, no one knows, including Belichick, or he could be Rob Johnson, Colin Kaepernick, ir RGIII etc etc......that remains to be seen, but Brady is the best player in football, both historically and right at this moment, and talk of replacing him is moronic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back