PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Playoffs: Saturday Wild Card Game Day Chat

Yup, a WR1 can be had in the 3rd round if you know what you're doing. Helps to have a stud QB, but Collins would probably have balled out anywhere.
Agreed, he's a big, physical guy. Can run every route. Yeah.. having stroud definitely helps as he's a stud in his own right.. could we possibly become the next version of the Texans?

U Mad Bro Drinking GIF by Travis
I bleeping DESPISE the Doofins and their obnoxious bandwagon fans!!!! Sayonara!!!

The Dolphins have paid Hill $53M over these two seasons. They have accounted for $19.3M on the cap. That’s borrowing $33M from future caps on one player, for two playoff losses.
Hill saved Tua’s career and puts up some amazing numbers in regular season….but not getting it done in playoffs….PRICELESS!!!! :)

Pats had more dubs against 10 win teams than the Fish in 2023. All those picks and free agency blowouts for what...to be blown out? Seems appropriate. What a sad, loser franchise. Almost as sad as the Jete.
F’ the Dooshfins!

Agreed, he's a big, physical guy. Can run every route. Yeah.. having stroud definitely helps as he's a stud in his own right.. could we possibly become the next version of the Texans?
If we get the QB right, they could get QB, Tackle and WR in rounds 1,2 and 3 that would be impact players.
Based on the depth of the positions in the draft that's the order. Top heavy on QB's then big drop. Good Tackle depth for round 1 and 2 then bif drop off. Good WR depth into round 3.
The depth of the draft sets up perfectly for Patriot needs if they draft wisely.

Tua is simply a left-handed Mac Jones that hasn't been emotionally broken.
Tua is an OK QB and better than Jones, he gets the ball out really fast on average.
Miami surrounded him with talent. Miami is exactly why all that matters is the QB. Unless you can get to San Francisco level with basically and all pro WR, RB and TE you need a top 10 QB which TUA is not (maybe 15th best?).
It's easier to draft a top 10 QB than to draft and sign and all pro WR, RB and TE.
Teams know this, that is why they will send 3 first round picks out to get a QB.

If Pats draft the right QB they could set themselves up for another decade run. Tua is only OK, Rodger is near retirement, Josh Allen is in his prime but takes so many hits it will wear on him, also the fact after all these years he still makes really stupid throws on a consistent basis. This division in 2 years is there for the taking if the Pats get a top 10 QB, simple as that.

Tua is a rich man's Mac Jones. Prove me wrong.
Post of the year. I’ve said it all along Hill makes Tua look like an elite QB….but he isn’t . Remember Doofins were going after every FA including Brady during Flores’ time here…..he was awful and Flores knew he wasn’t the guy. Now Hill is one of the biggest pieces of **** in the world…..but he is also one of the most dynamic football talents the game has ever seen. Always open….or if they double him you have waddle or Achane…..except under Pressure….Tua reverts back to what he really is…..well…Mac Jones

Seeing Demeco Ryans today and Mike McDaniel out there, I'm glad we have Jerod Mayo as our coach.

When you see all these weenies coaching, there's no way they can inspire the needed toughness to win these playoff games.

McVay is the only one I can think of, but his team isn't tough at all. They are an excellent dome and warm weather team. But thyey got punched around both times they went to the SB.

There's something to be said about the team taking their cues from the coach.

That doesn't mean teams should hire ex-players as coaches, but if you can hire an ex-player with the work ethic, the smarts and the football know how, then do it. I infinitely prefer a guy like Mayo to Ben Johnson.
Ryans has done some amazing coaching this year….personally I’m very impressed by him. McDaniel is all smoke and mirrors. He got hill …that’s what has pumped him up in the view of many….but he’s a JAG in reality

Tua is undefeated versus the Pats.
This team has a ways to go.
Yeah, down.

Hill has already hinted that he's done at the end of this contract. He's 30 and that's 2 more years.
Flashy is exciting...and short-lived.

if I'm a Miami fan I take solace in the fact my club is light years ahead of 2/3 other teams in my division, and the nfl won't have my team play the Patriots or buffalo away late in the season
Then you'd be a typical Miami fan - clueless.

They're so top-heavy, it's silly.
Top-heavy falls over.

Tua is an OK QB and better than Jones, he gets the ball out really fast on average.
I'm not sure Tua is really better than Jones if their positions had been flipped the last two years. The stats of their first two years in the league are very similar (Tua 66.2% completion, 27 TDs, 15 INTs, 194 yards/game, 88.8 rating, 5.5 completed air yards/completion; Jones 66.5%, 36 TDs, 24 INTs, 219 yards/game, 89.0 rating, 5.6 completed air yards/completion) and the quality of their play in college at Alabama was also not that different (and potentially even with edge to Jones if you consider that Tua had the luxury of throwing to 4 first round receivers at the same time with DeVonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs and Jaylen Waddle).

The difference is in my eyes mainly the quality of the receiving corps. It's easier to get the ball out fast (and throw deep) if you have Hill and Waddle lining up next to you than DeVante Parker or Demario Douglas.

The Dolphins have paid Hill $53M over these two seasons. They have accounted for $19.3M on the cap. That’s borrowing $33M from future caps on one player, for two playoff losses.
Strangely enough, I'm good with that.

If we get the QB right, they could get QB, Tackle and WR in rounds 1,2 and 3 that would be impact players.
Based on the depth of the positions in the draft that's the order. Top heavy on QB's then big drop. Good Tackle depth for round 1 and 2 then bif drop off. Good WR depth into round 3.
The depth of the draft sets up perfectly for Patriot needs if they draft wisely.
Absolutely, you've said it. "IF" I don't know why.. but i have this confidence that the organization will get it right this time. Everything is set up for us, QB, LT,WR all there for the taking. From what I've heard mayo wants to have a more modern explosive offense. I still believe we need to obtain a Veteran At QB someone that can help along the New QB Zappe or Mac aren't it. They seem to see themselves as starting QBs in the league.

Super Wild Card Weekend. Well both of Saturday's games were crap. (seem to recall this was the same thing that happened last year)
Let's hope todays games are at least competitive.

All expanding the playoffs has done is allow more sub-par teams into the first round, resulting in more one sided blow out losses,

Super Wild Card Weekend. Well both of Saturday's games were crap. (seem to recall this was the same thing that happened last year)
Let's hope todays games are at least competitive.

All expanding the playoffs has done is allow more sub-par teams into the first round, resulting in more one sided blow out losses,
so Mia and Clev, both 11 win teams are sub par?

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back