PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL media news: Peter King is moving to NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like him because he's a suckup rumpswab shill for Roger and the NFL who cares way more about kissing butts and maintaining access than any form of journalistic integrity. And because like all mediots he can dish it out but can't take it. And because he's a smug, self-righteous jackhole. And because he stole a foul ball from a kid at a ballgame and was unselfaware enough to actually boast about how cool it was he got a ball.

King used to be a fine reporter until he traded in his credibility when he became Goodell's proxy in the media. That is indisputable. Therefore....he sucks. The Captain knows

No - he wasn't. Which is why most people hate him.

He had all the facts right in front him and basically pieced it together, but then would fall short of actually suggesting Brady might be innocent all along. That's where Florio went nuclear, and after he sniffed out what was happening, he rightfully turned the optics to the league corruption. King knows the league is a bunch of petty, jealous liars who hate the Patriots, but he won't say it because he operates from the insane assumption that the league is ethical and honest, despite a contradictory reality. A couple of years after Defamegate, I saw King on a YouTube clip, and he was still blathering about "it's okay to be angry at Brady for deflating footballs" but don't hate him because he's 40. Yeah, it was as nonsensical as that sentence.
I don’t think he’s insane, just a company guy. He knows who pays his checks, and doesn’t want to go too far in his reporting to upset them.

He had all the facts right in front him and basically pieced it together, but then would fall short of actually suggesting Brady might be innocent all along. That's where Florio went nuclear, and after he sniffed out what was happening, he rightfully turned the optics to the league corruption. King knows the league is a bunch of petty, jealous liars who hate the Patriots, but he won't say it because he operates from the insane assumption that the league is ethical and honest, despite a contradictory reality. A couple of years after Defamegate, I saw King on a YouTube clip, and he was still blathering about "it's okay to be angry at Brady for deflating footballs" but don't hate him because he's 40. Yeah, it was as nonsensical as that sentence.

The Globe's Ben Violin was worse. King at least mentioned...paraphrasing here, "you are gonna suspend the league MVP over about .2 of PSI??".

Two days or so after the Indy-Patriots games I e-mailed maybe 10 reporters saying that if the footballs were depressurized less than 1.5 or so psi (turns out the average drop was about 1 psi), then it was perfectly reasonable that cold and rain caused all of the pressure drop. Only two of the reporters contacted me back, Mike Florio by email & Peter King by phone.

Florio understood completely (he has an engineering degree). King got about 80% there. He seemed to always say, after our discussion, there was no evidence of wrongdoing, but that he's not completely sure that Brady didn't do "something".

Yes, his hesitancy to go all the way into the light, like Florio, was and is annoying, but most national reporters didn't bother to get even halfway there. He at least tried to understand.

Reactions: Ian
I barely read any writer with regularity, so it's usually a particular article or podcast that scores points with me. King's podcasts with Brady from Montana and the Collinsworth/PFF one were excellent. If he can generate that kind of content, he's a net positive despite all the other stuff he's put out.

Regards,
Chris

Two days or so after the Indy-Patriots games I e-mailed maybe 10 reporters saying that if the footballs were depressurized less than 1.5 or so psi (turns out the average drop was about 1 psi), then it was perfectly reasonable that cold and rain caused all of the pressure drop. Only two of the reporters contacted me back, Mike Florio by email & Peter King by phone.

Florio understood completely (he has an engineering degree). King got about 80% there. He seemed to always say, after our discussion, there was no evidence of wrongdoing, but that he's not completely sure that Brady didn't do "something".

Yes, his hesitancy to go all the way into the light, like Florio, was and is annoying, but most national reporters didn't bother to get even halfway there. He at least tried to understand.

You emailed Peter King and he called you back? Regardless of how one feels about his writing, that’s pretty cool.

I wonder if you were the only time he read or thought about the IGL at that point (which is sad).

One of the things that drove me nuts about Framegate is how millions of fans, mediots, and players who live in parts of the country where you actually get winter somehow "forgot" how their basketballs, footballs, kickballs, etc. went dead when playing or hanging out in the cold.

You emailed Peter King and he called you back? Regardless of how one feels about his writing, that’s pretty cool.

I wonder if you were the only time he read or thought about the IGL at that point (which is sad).

I emailed him and later one of the SI assistants, interns, or whatever emailed me back to set up a time for Peter to call me. My original email to him outlined the ideal gas law and explained things in general terms. I could not be definitive, at that time, that tampering was impossible, since the Mortensen "11 of 12" 2 psi drop lie was out there and believed. I had to admit that the IGL alone wouldn't fit a 2 psi drop (He asked that). Of course it turned out to be an average 1 psi drop, by the correct gauge, spot on with the IGL predictions. I had said the the wet ball effect might bump up the psi loss some more. It was months before we saw the real psi data in the Wells report, though. Peter may not have gone back and reconnected the dots. Florio sure did, though.

One of the things that drove me nuts about Framegate is how millions of fans, mediots, and players who live in parts of the country where you actually get winter somehow "forgot" how their basketballs, footballs, kickballs, etc. went dead when playing or hanging out in the cold.
And car tires, and even old air pumps holding up your hatchback

Most often those opinions are the ones most volubly defended. Usually with something along the lines of...

200.gif
That hurts.

Anyway, we can have this but political discourse which even include football references must be deleted?

Game, Set and Match, Mon Capitaine Insano

i dont like him. i never did. i dont like 99 percent of the media in this country. i have no respect for them. i dont have to explain that do i? its obvious right?
A hundred years and more ago, mass media were portrayed as, and viewed as, clueless imbeciles. This seemed to go along with the advent of radio and expansion of newspapers.

But, corresponding with the drop in personal and societal ethical standards, there's been a drop as well the last thirty years, and it seems to be exacerbated by the explosion of social media.

But the Patriots Hate Train has been going strong, since the Beatles broke up.

Peter King's Monday Morning QB, Pre-Combine

Where is the part about the league intentionally leaking false PSI numbers to mislead the public? Where is the part about Brady testifying under oath? Strong arming Stacy James to not reveal the true numbers? Gooddell outright lying about Brady’s testimony? Having attorneys from the NFL who were part of the investigation? Pash editing the report? Disregarding numerous witnesses who who swore nothing happened? Falsely attributing a quote to D’Qwell Jackson that he never actually said? Continuing to lie to the press about fake evidence?

King still sticks with “well, Brady probably did it” but Gooddell just didn’t have the smoking gun. Valiant effort.

Where is the part about the league intentionally leaking false PSI numbers to mislead the public? Where is the part about Brady testifying under oath? Strong arming Stacy James to not reveal the true numbers? Gooddell outright lying about Brady’s testimony? Having attorneys from the NFL who were part of the investigation? Pash editing the report? Disregarding numerous witnesses who who swore nothing happened? Falsely attributing a quote to D’Qwell Jackson that he never actually said? Continuing to lie to the press about fake evidence?

King still sticks with “well, Brady probably did it” but Gooddell just didn’t have the smoking gun. Valiant effort.

See #3 under "10 Things I Think".

Peter King's Monday Morning QB

That being said...I said that King was one of the fair reporters BEHIND Curran, Reiss, and Florio during Deflategate....not that he was completely fair and impartial.

Even I don't read the Globe's Ben Volin anymore because he came outright and said that the Patriots cheated. King just said that there was some questionable stuff (e.g. ball boy in bathroom for 100 seconds, calling himself the deflator, etc...etc..).

In any case, I'll continue to read King every Monday morning just like I check PFT every day because those guys "set the media agenda" for the week. As much as we hate the media....they are a part of sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case