PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL media news: Peter King is moving to NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo... does King suck or no?

Tough crowd here....

I still read MMQB and will continue to do so...yeah..King kisses butt a bit too much and has too much righteous indignation for my tastes at times....BUT I like his coffee, beer, and travel thoughts...as well as links he offers to good articles..... and he is still the best remaining national NFL writer since McDonough died...even if he is only half good. And in addition, he was one of the fair national reporters during Deflategate...ranked behind Reiss, Curran, and Florio.

And in addition, he was one of the fair national reporters during Deflategate...ranked behind Reiss, Curran, and Florio.

No - he wasn't. Which is why most people hate him.

He had all the facts right in front him and basically pieced it together, but then would fall short of actually suggesting Brady might be innocent all along. That's where Florio went nuclear, and after he sniffed out what was happening, he rightfully turned the optics to the league corruption. King knows the league is a bunch of petty, jealous liars who hate the Patriots, but he won't say it because he operates from the insane assumption that the league is ethical and honest, despite a contradictory reality. A couple of years after Defamegate, I saw King on a YouTube clip, and he was still blathering about "it's okay to be angry at Brady for deflating footballs" but don't hate him because he's 40. Yeah, it was as nonsensical as that sentence.

No I absolute can claim that. It’s basic psychology. You were asked a question and rather than answer it you spent far more energy in trying to be an unfunny clown and arguing over the semantics of opinions. That shows that you felt you needed a reason to not answer the question. If you are going to claim “I just didn’t feel like it” it’s an argument of laziness. But since we are still engaging you clearly aren’t lazy. So you had another reason you felt it would be beneficial to prolong your avoidance. So either you get off on being a troll or you just don’t feel secure in how you will be judged if you give your actual reasoning. It’s pretty elementary really. And now you are getting defensive.
no you absolutely cant claim anything except ignorance. if you wanted to know why i don't like peter king just ask. like i said before you arent interested in a conversation. your assinine question was presented to try and prove my opinion wrong. its impossible to do. why? because its a matter of opinion. something you fail to grasp. you have had plenty of opportunities to just ask. hey, why don't you like peter king? i knew from the second you asked your question where it was going. how is not liking peter king being a troll? is peter on this board and i just don't know about it? why are you so defensive about peter king? it's really strange. are you related to him?

I am interested in why you don't like Peter King (although you agreed with me when I stated my case above, so I guess that gives some insight), but I am also interested in three reporters you think are better than he is.

Both of those questions give insight into your reasoning behind your opinion that he blows, and would be much more enjoyable than reading the back-and-forth over the last page.
i think he's biased towards the NFL and unprofessional dishonest. i think he's more concerned about access than he is about the truth. i think how he handled deflate-gate was pathetic. he's a Rodger Goodell rump swab. i don't care for his writing style. i find him to be arrogant and a pompous ass. i also base my opinions on the many interviews I've heard him do on weei as a regular guest.

i think he's biased towards the NFL and unprofessional dishonest. i think he's more concerned about access than he is about the truth. i think how he handled deflate-gate was pathetic. he's a Rodger Goodell rump swab. i don't care for his writing style. i find him to be arrogant and a pompous ass. i also base my opinions on the many interviews I've heard him do on weei as a regular guest.

His handling of Deflategate at first was piss poor.

Knew 100% it was going to be about him not supporting the Pats during start of deflate gate.

Which was admittedly bad. He smartened up later. But general he has the best content of NFL journalists

i dont like him. i never did. i dont like 99 percent of the media in this country. i have no respect for them. i dont have to explain that do i? its obvious right?

he had no choice but to change course on that. unless he wanted to look more a fool than he already did.

Last edited:
i dont like him. i never did. i dont like 99 percent of the media in this country. i have no respect for them. i dont have to explain that do i? its obvious right?
I mean you don’t have to explain why you dislike an institution that was framed fundamental enough to be granted constitutional protection. But it would be interesting

I think his mannerisms/affect/demeanor do come off as pompous and someone that thinks he is a lot more insightful than he really is, but that's separate from the substance that he writes/talks about.
its a matter of opinion. and personal taste.

Knew 100% it was going to be about him not supporting the Pats during start of deflate gate.

Which was admittedly bad. He smartened up later. But general he has the best content of NFL journalists
it's about him not doing his job. just like ESPN. totally bias and unprofessional.

I think you need to proofread that first sentence.
No I need a phone that doesn’t want to bend me over and **** me with a long hard auto correct

No he didn’t smarten up. He continues to bark the narrative that Brady deflated footballs. Then again, it depends on who he’s talking to. Biggest @ss kisser.

No he didn’t smarten up. He continues to bark the narrative that Brady deflated footballs. Then again, it depends on who he’s talking to. Biggest @ss kisser.
Actually he later said the evidence was circumstantial and we should get our draft pick back

Actually he later said the evidence was circumstantial and we should get our draft pick back

And this is where he doesn’t go close to far enough. There’s a difference between circumstantial evidence and fabricated evidence. See: Exponent and the Wells Report. Now, I can understand a casual writer not going that far down the rabbit hole, but King was that far down the rabbit hole. When you report something falsely and your sources lie to you, chalking it up to “oh golly gee, they were just trying to do the right thing” doesn’t cut it. And continuing to advance the garbage that Brady deflated footballs, years later, confirms that he’s a jackass and deserves the hate.

By your post history on here, yes, it's obvious :)

I thought this article was great, by the way. Probably the last thing I remember King writing since I don't read him as much as I used to:

Peter King: Tom Brady in Montana, Part 2

(There's a link to part 1 in there).

One thing I took out of that was the difference between Brady and Big Ben in terms of how long it took for each of them to recover after the season. That gave me optimism for Brady's potential to play until he was in his mid-40s as he has claimed he wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes