PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL investigation-WFT emails...

You lost me at that part of the sentence ;)

Ask Gruden and Schefter how that's worked out so far?
I’m talking about things related to Washington. They exposed Gruden and embarrassed Shefter, but what have they released related to the WFT?

My point was why would WFT choose now to create a distraction when nothing is being released about the real investigation? Gruden and Shefter emails are distracting everyone away from the real issues already.

I’d wait to create my distraction until the bad internal details are coming out, not when the focus is still in tangential stuff.

In any event, we seem to just be looking at it from a different angle

AFAIK it's just that, the bad optics of appearing to give Bruce Allen editorial control over his work product.

Schefter now says he did not cede any control, was just doing so for fact checking purposes, he only rarely does this, yada yada.

I agree with an earlier poster saying that either he did give Allen veto power or he was too lazy to just send him the facts he wanted checked, either way it's bad journalism.

I'm sure something is written down, but it's 'protected work product' subject to client-attorney privilege, yada yada.

None of that will see the light of day, IMO.
I think the schefter thing is a huge nothing burger, except we now live in a society where people are salivating to find negative things about anyone to give them a social media cause celebre.

I don’t see any issue with interviewing someone and sending them the article saying here is what I’m writing do you disagree with any of my info?
It not like he was writing a deep diving investigative journalism expose. I’d assume having a good relationship with NFL executives would make it common to let them read what you intend to publish and let you know if you misinterpreted.

well, refusing to turn it over would seem like the right move. destroying it gave bad optics…
Yea yea. You've already said that proved his guilt. You stand alone in that view.

i would have kept it locked up somewhere…if memory serves me correctly, Favre refused to hand his phone over but didn't destroy it
Brady had an explanation for why it was destroyed but you refuse to believe it.

I believe according to the statement (if I remember it correctly), Brady's was just that he bought a new phone and like his past ones, he destroyed the previous one.
I wouldn't be surprised if most people in the public eye do that. Not even necessarily because they have "something to hide" but no one would want their privacy invaded. Conversations with your wife and family, pictures of your kids, let alone any sort of financials. In this day and age your entire life is contained in your phone and if you're rich and famous you would be crazy not to destroy it when you're done with it.

I believe according to the statement (if I remember it correctly), Brady's was just that he bought a new phone and like his past ones, he destroyed the previous one.

According to Deadspin, Brady did in fact give two of his previous cell phones over for forensic analysis. In other words, he didn't destroy them routinely as he claimed. The only phone he destroyed was the one he used during the AFC Championship. He happened to get a new phone the week he interviewed with Ted Wells.

In preparation for his June 23 appeal, Brady hired a forensic examiner to do the searches that Wells originally requested. Brady gave the forensic examiner two of his cell phones to examine. One of the phones was active between March 6, 2015 (the day he was interviewed by Wells) and April 8, 2015. Since this phone wasn’t active during the time period relevant to Wells’s investigation, the forensic examiner didn’t do anything further with it:
The other phone was active between (probably) May 23, 2014 and Nov. 5, 2014.

The discerning reader will notice that we’re left with a gap between Nov. 6, 2014 and March 5, 2015 in which the contents of Brady’s text messages are unavailable. Considering that the AFC Championship game was contested on January 18, 2015, this is a crucial four-month period. This is the destroyed cell phone that so rankled Ted Wells and Roger Goodell.

Last edited:
According to Deadspin, Brady did in fact give two of his previous cell phones over for forensic analysis. In other words, he didn't destroy them as he claims. The only phone he destroyed was the one he used during the AFC Championship. He happened to get a new phone the week he interviewed with Ted Wells.

I'm assuming he wasn't cursing about Goodell on those previous two. Either way, had it been me, I still would have done the same thing and don't fault him for doing so.

I'm assuming he wasn't cursing about Goodell on those previous two. Either way, had it been me, I still would have done the same thing and don't fault him for doing so.

He's lucky he didn't have an iPhone - all his texts would have been backed to up to icloud. ;)

Meanwhile, AB is playing for Tampa.

According to Deadspin, Brady did in fact give two of his previous cell phones over for forensic analysis. In other words, he didn't destroy them routinely as he claimed. The only phone he destroyed was the one he used during the AFC Championship. He happened to get a new phone the week he interviewed with Ted Wells.

As has been proven, there was no actual deflation so the stuff about his phones is moot.

As has been proven, there was no actual deflation so the stuff about his phones is moot.

Yes, but the thread is about NFL investigations and how they use your own emails, texts, etc. against you. It's not about deflategate.

I'm still waiting for the football readings from the below zero Seattle-Minnesota playoff game. Not holding my breath but any journalist worth his salt or with cajones/batzim would have done their own readings pregame and post game... I can see why a network with an NFL contract wouldn't do it but someone not beholden to the NFL sure could have done it...

They were able to retrieve every text and call he made on his phone. Destroying the cell phone does nothing, his issue was, the way the NFL was leaking **** everywhere, he probably didnt want his wife's naked pictures all over the freaking internet. At no point where they not able to see anything that related to deflategate. He was getting a new phone and he asked if they had everything because he destroys his phone before he gets a new one so things are not grabbed. Most celebs do this. They told him yes, then it was reported the next day on ESPN that he destroyed his phone with zero context. I mean I am sure you knew all this stuff as it was reported over and over what the actual facts were compared to what ESPN reported. Oh just to catch you up, 10 out of 12 balls were not 2 PSI down. Oh and there was no Rams walkthrough tape.

I'm still waiting for the football readings from the below zero Seattle-Minnesota playoff game. Not holding my breath but any journalist worth his salt or with cajones/batzim would have done their own readings pregame and post game... I can see why a network with an NFL contract wouldn't do it but someone not beholden to the NFL sure could have done it...
Im waiting for any of the findings. Or anythign done to the vikings who were heating footballs on the sideline in a game on video.

They were able to retrieve every text and call he made on his phone. Destroying the cell phone does nothing, his issue was, the way the NFL was leaking **** everywhere, he probably didnt want his wife's naked pictures all over the freaking internet. At no point where they not able to see anything that related to deflategate. He was getting a new phone and he asked if they had everything because he destroys his phone before he gets a new one so things are not grabbed. Most celebs do this. They told him yes, then it was reported the next day on ESPN that he destroyed his phone with zero context. I mean I am sure you knew all this stuff as it was reported over and over what the actual facts were compared to what ESPN reported. Oh just to catch you up, 10 out of 12 balls were not 2 PSI down. Oh and there was no Rams walkthrough tape.

No, they were able to retrieve every text he made with the ball boys only. All other texts were unretrievable unless Wells decided to go after other players' phones. And, unless the Deadspin article I posted is wrong, Brady in fact does not routinely destroy his phones as he gave two of them over to Goodell.

I still keep seeing "WTF"... I mean, who hasn't sent some WTF emails at one time or another...

Hail to the Football Team

MAC10...the phone was a red herring introduced by Wells to throw off the INIITIAL PREPOSTEROUS "REPORT" BY MORT that 10 balls were "2 pounds under!!!!~"..the public bought that for a month and then it exploded when it was found out the whole assertion was an IDIOTIC attempt by NFL (Goodell) to smear Brady. You are wrong that Wells only had the texts from the ballboys. He had all the texts...PERIOD...and weeks BEFORE "the phone!!!!!" red herring was introduced into the whole sham. I'm going to tell you one more time...MIke Kensil QUITS as president of the New York Jets to work an out of sight position within NFL offices, runs on the field of play screaming "AHA!! GOTCHA!!!!" and then disappears to China for two years totally incommunicado. How the hell do you NOT see what happened here?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back