PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL investigation-WFT emails...

Texts can be retrieved from phone records, no?No physical phone is needed. A buddy of mine is involved in a messy divorce. His lawyer got a court order and he told me they recovered all the texts from his ex for the period of time they were looking at.

MAC10...the phone was a red herring introduced by Wells to throw off the INIITIAL PREPOSTEROUS "REPORT" BY MORT that 10 balls were "2 pounds under!!!!~"..the public bought that for a month and then it exploded when it was found out the whole assertion was an IDIOTIC attempt by NFL (Goodell) to smear Brady. You are wrong that Wells only had the texts from the ballboys. He had all the texts...PERIOD...and weeks BEFORE "the phone!!!!!" red herring was introduced into the whole sham. I'm going to tell you one more time...MIke Kensil QUITS as president of the New York Jets to work an out of sight position within NFL offices, runs on the field of play screaming "AHA!! GOTCHA!!!!" and then disappears to China for two years totally incommunicado. How the hell do you NOT see what happened here?
Don't bother, Timmy believes Brady told his ball boys to let the air out of the balls. He may be the only Pats fan that does but there you have it.

Mike Florio and Andrew Brandt are convinced the league was behind this
The Florio/Simms pieces on this are worth seeing
-Fri Released via WSJ, NYT, LAT. High level connections.
-Mon report released after the Friday fail

Gruden fought every Goodell move. Made many enemies. EZ takedown

Helps hide the WFT WTF under the noise
675,000 emails in WFT report. No Releases. No Leaks

Following the Money:
Control of Players/Union/$
Players are the 32 Billionaires biggest problem
-Dirt surfaced hours before contested vote on D Smith's fifth term
Union resistance to team friendly Smith:
-resentment over 10-year labor agreement
-no mechanism to reopen the deal before it expires in 2031
-union cut benefits to ~400 former players on permanent disability
-Smith initially opposed 17th game season, ended up supporting it
-Players got 1% for a game 17
-union selection committee deadlocked, 7-7, on Smith contract and fifth term.
Four years ago, same committee voted unanimously to extend Smith’s tenure
-agreement was ratified by 60 votes, 51.5% of the 2,000+ members

MAC10...the phone was a red herring introduced by Wells to throw off the INIITIAL PREPOSTEROUS "REPORT" BY MORT that 10 balls were "2 pounds under!!!!~"..the public bought that for a month and then it exploded when it was found out the whole assertion was an IDIOTIC attempt by NFL (Goodell) to smear Brady. You are wrong that Wells only had the texts from the ballboys. He had all the texts...PERIOD...and weeks BEFORE "the phone!!!!!" red herring was introduced into the whole sham. I'm going to tell you one more time...MIke Kensil QUITS as president of the New York Jets to work an out of sight position within NFL offices, runs on the field of play screaming "AHA!! GOTCHA!!!!" and then disappears to China for two years totally incommunicado. How the hell do you NOT see what happened here?

F’in A. Simple rule is that if and when Schiesskopf (we miss you, “@Zeus”) investigates something it will be a phony “cluster” benefitting the favored few franchises and screwing the ones that don’t patronize them. They will take Grudens scalp and stay radio silent until the next Urban Meyer party night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Texts can be retrieved from phone records, no?No physical phone is needed. A buddy of mine is involved in a messy divorce. His lawyer got a court order and he told me they recovered all the texts from his ex for the period of time they were looking at.
Yes, I just read that on the link I just posted.

what? the nfl has no law enforcment mechanism like subpoena power over their players. only courts and congress issue subpoenas. and Brady lost in federal court because court ruled that Goodell had the power to discipline players under the CBA Art. 2.

btw, as an aside, brady lost 2-1 at the 2nd circuit. the only judge who sided with Brady, Robert Katzmann, died recently.
The difference between what the league does and what subpoena power is is more or less immaterial.

This is why I wonder if the league actually leaked the Gruden and Schefter emails or it is someone going rogue. The NFL successfully buried the WFT report in July. It was over. They successfully allowed the whole thing go under the radar with little fanfare.

Now the whole thing is under the spotlight again and there is now pressure to release the report to the public. It has gone from a successfully PR effort to bury the whole thing to now becoming a huge scandal.
It was the NFL IMO. Seeing the report on NFL network about how Gruden called Goodell a F***** and how heroic Goodell was protecting his gay brother was really done very dramatically. I sensed from the over the top tears for Goodell that this was a result of that

Funny about the arguments about Brady's phone here for deflategate which no one actually argues even happened anymore. The NFL did release his personal emails as he feared and we know about his pool cover etc. Now what is funny now is how four NFL owners seem to be in contempt for failing to turn over information to the actual courts.

"St. Louis lawyers said Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Giants owner John Mara, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and Chiefs owner Clark Hunt have failed to comply with a court order to turn over said documents, and have not paid the ordered fines of $1,000 per day.
NFL attorney Ben Razi argued that the owners didn't want their sensitive financial information floating around "willy nilly".

Wasn’t this the man in charge of the NFL hit piece on Brady otherwise known as DeflateGate?

There is much, much more than Gruden here. I’m curious to find out how much of it will leak…

There is much, much more than Gruden here. I’m curious to find out how much of it will leak…
No surprise in there. We have always suspected the league had favorites, but this Jeff Pash guy’s reputation is going to get tarnished in this and I am looking forward to it. The NFL may be in trouble if they don’t have control over these emails. I am now thinking someone other than the league also has copies.

Two dozen accusers. A decade or more. 600,000 emails. God knows how many other documents, interviews and phone records.
And the investigator…an attorney… gives an ORAL report????

LMFAO. Why not just hang a neon sign out that says: The Fix Is In.

The NFL is corrupt. From the rotted fish head aka Der Fuhrer down through his hired hit man Jeff “Independent Counsel “ Pash to the 32 tail-enders who in this case were far from the last to rot but certainly are the first to profit….they are all corrupt.
we hear all the time what a savvy businessman Kraft is….I would love to see a transcript of his thoughts when he learned there would be no written report. My guess is, it would consist of: “thank god….ok what’s next on the agenda?”

For those who can't get past the paywall, check this out:

Read the article....Big Nothing Burger
Team exec makes nice with an NFL lawyer, no doubt like every other team exec across the league who wants to be in the good graces of this attorney who has Goodell's ear
NFL lawyer responds sympathetically with friendship tones......no doubt how he responds to most NFL execs he deals with.
Pash's job description has to include: Assuager of oversized egos.

Lets read Jerry's emails to Pash to see exactly how the sausages are made

Last edited:
Read the article....Big Nothing Burger
Team exec makes nice with an NFL lawyer, no doubt like every other team exec across the league who wants to be in the good graces of this attorney who has Goodell's ear
NFL lawyer responds sympathetically with friendship tones......no doubt how he responds to most NFL execs he deals with.
Pash's job description has to include: Assuager of oversized egos.

Lets ready Jerry's emails to Pash to see exactly how the sausages are made
Gotta start somewhere, right? Can't just leap into the main course. But I do appreciate the depth of your cynicism, it's so American.

God, I love football.

Gotta start somewhere, right? Can't just leap into the main course. But I do appreciate the depth of your cynicism, it's so American.

God, I love football.
Shall I venmo you a couple a bucks so you can read the article?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back