PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Honors / HOF announcements

He should make it. He was a bad ass Safety with the Chargers and had some great years with the Pats.

Rodney is up against too many greats this year. But honorable to have his name on the list.

PFT has an article up that it’s been leaked that Steve McMichael, Devin Hester, and Julius Peppers have been elected to the HOF. The official announcement comes out later tonight.

Reactions: sb1
Changed the title of this topic. I hope Rodney gets in too.

Saw a recent photo of Mongo McMichael... damn. ALS is not a nice disease to have.

PFT has an article up that it’s been leaked that Steve McMichael, Devin Hester, and Julius Peppers have been elected to the HOF. The official announcement comes out later tonight.
Score one for STs if Hester is in fact voted in. I think he deserves it and it should help Vinatieri and Slater.

Kickers have improved since Adams day so I'm not sure he's the lock we thought he once was.

And Slater has an uphill climb but getting the best returner in can't hurt.

And if they continue to snub Rodney I don't know why I would give a crap about their opinions anyway.

Whoever gets their name called won't be as good as Willie McGinest.

Rodney has a lot of quality competition. There is a maximum of five, so that leaves a mere three other slots available. McMichael was a Senior category finalist. Harrison was one of 15 Modern Era finalists.

The players, along with their positions, years and teams are:​
  • Eric Allen, Cornerback — 1988-1994 Philadelphia Eagles, 1995-97 New Orleans Saints, 1998-2001 Oakland Raiders
  • Jared Allen, Defensive End — 2004-07 Kansas City Chiefs, 2008-2013 Minnesota Vikings, 2014-15 Chicago Bears, 2015 Carolina Panthers
  • Willie Anderson, Offensive Tackle — 1996-2007 Cincinnati Bengals, 2008 Baltimore Ravens
  • Jahri Evans, Guard — 2006-2016 New Orleans Saints, 2017 Green Bay Packers
  • Dwight Freeney, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker — 2002-2012 Indianapolis Colts, 2013-14 San Diego Chargers, 2015 Arizona Cardinals, 2016 Atlanta Falcons, 2017 Seattle Seahawks, 2017 Detroit Lions
  • Antonio Gates, Tight End — 2003-2018 San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers
  • Rodney Harrison, Safety — 1994-2002 San Diego Chargers, 2003-08 New England Patriots
  • Devin Hester, Punt Returner/Kick Returner/Wide Receiver — 2006-2013 Chicago Bears, 2014-15 Atlanta Falcons, 2016 Baltimore Ravens
  • Torry Holt, Wide Receiver — 1999-2008 St. Louis Rams, 2009 Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Andre Johnson, Wide Receiver — 2003-2014 Houston Texans, 2015 Indianapolis Colts, 2016 Tennessee Titans
  • Julius Peppers, Defensive End — 2002-09, 2017-18 Carolina Panthers, 2010-13 Chicago Bears, 2014-16 Green Bay Packers
  • Fred Taylor, Running back — 1998-2008 Jacksonville Jaguars, 2009-2010 New England Patriots
  • Reggie Wayne, Wide Receiver — 2001-2014 Indianapolis Colts
  • Patrick Willis, Linebacker — 2007-2014 San Francisco 49ers
  • Darren Woodson, Safety — 1992-2003 Dallas Cowboys

Hester getting in would be huge for us because it opens the door for Slater. I think it was going to be damn near impossible for Slater to get in with Hester still on the sidelines. But this at least says "someone who was exceptional and dominant in special teams can make the HOF". So Slater with 8 All Pros and 3 Super Bowls is going to have a very strong case.

Whoever gets their name called won't be as good as Willie McGinest.
After Willie went to the Pro Bowl in '96, I will admit to being down on him. Never to the point of considering him a bust - just thinking of him as another guy that didn't live up to his draft status. It wasn't until 2002 or 2003 that I changed my mind.

Wow, did I ever get that opinion wrong.

CJ Stroud OROY. Wasn’t a hard choice.

Hope whoever we pick has a great rookie year too.

Andre Johnson named to HoF

No Gates. Thought he was a first ballot HOF I guess not.

DPOY Myles Garrett. Beat Parsons wow

Andre Johnson named to HoF

No Gates. Thought he was a first ballot HOF I guess not.
3 1500 yard seasons is pretty good and over a decade of dominant football.

But I'll take 30 ints and 30 sacks. Multiple rings and the mean dominant football played by Rodney every day of the week and twice on football Sundays.

Will Anderson DROY. Texans sweep the ROY awards

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back