PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Honors / HOF announcements

Damn that ends that debate. I looked the stats up real quick and Rodney did have more sacks I think Willis had more tackles though. Rodney obviously also has his time with the Pats still too and absolutely destroys him in playoff stats.

You’re right. I messed up and looked at Rodney’s combined tackles in SD versus just Willis’ solo tackles. In combined tackles, Willis wins by a lot, 950 to 760. Of course, Harrison had another 6 years worth of tackles in NE to go with his production in SD.

Like I said, Willis was great. Rodney had a more impressive career, though.

Harrison has the stats, the longevity, and the championships to have been inducted years ago. The PED test can't be keeping him out because they just inducted Peppers, who failed the same number of tests. Him being a "dirty" player is pretty ridiculous because the NFL was selling VHS tapes celebrating that style of play or ESPN had their Jacked Up segment and now we're supposed to pretend that stuff never happened or that Rodney was some exception. If Harrison had been born 10 years earlier and/or if he had been on the Steelers, he would have been elected within his first 3 years of eligibility.
You might be onto something with the concussion politics If you watch Jules and Gronk games with names on SB49 apparently the NFL doesn't license video that makes them look bad with concussions. Jules team tried to license the hit from Chancellor in the SB for Jules documentary and the NFL denied them.

You’re right. I messed up and looked at Rodney’s combined tackles in SD versus just Willis’ solo tackles. In combined tackles, Willis wins by a lot, 950 to 760. Of course, Harrison had another 6 years worth of tackles in NE to go with his production in SD.

Like I said, Willis was great. Rodney had a more impressive career, though.
Your point is still %100 spot on I mean ones an LB the other DB he's supposed to have more tackles. I will be repeating your point until Rodney actually gets in.

Bru deserves much more consideration than he's ever gotten...

I blame Ron Borges

And they stiffed Vince and Rodney again... Surprise surprise...

Kraft needs to spend some of his billions buttering up the hof voters ... Criminal that the greatest dynasty in the modern is going to have only a small handful of players enshrined... Tells you the hate for New England runs deep

Rodney should be in. I hate the NFL.
If it wasn't for the Patriots, this would be me...
Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

I don't think Rodney is liked very much by the voters, it has to be as simple as that. TO went through the same thing and it took him longer than it should have to get in.

I don't think Rodney is liked very much by the voters, it has to be as simple as that. TO went through the same thing and it took him longer than it should have to get in.
There are two people in the history of the NFL that have 30 sacks and 30 interceptions.

The one that actually killed two people is in the hall of fame.

Hall of Fame hates the Patriots at this Rate they probably won't even let Brady in.
Hall of Fames are a joke in every sport. They use an irresponsible group of voters who let their personal biases show through loud and clear. There's also a strong NFC influence in the NYFL HOF and if Rodney played for the 49ers he'd already be in.

I don't like PEDton Manning at all but I'd still vote for him.

One of these days I'm going to have to look more closely at the HOF voting history and see if the NFC is more represented than the AFC, which would be strange since the AFC has dominated them in head to head by a large margin.

Bru deserves much more consideration than he's ever gotten...

I blame Ron Borges

And they stiffed Vince and Rodney again... Surprise surprise...

Kraft needs to spend some of his billions buttering up the hof voters ... Criminal that the greatest dynasty in the modern is going to have only a small handful of players enshrined... Tells you the hate for New England runs deep
Borges will copy this and post it here later.

Well the dude needs to come up with a decent argument as to why more patriots should be enshrined ... His work so far has been lacking
He's clearly shown his disdain for the former coach and current ownership if only to curry the openly emotional fans.

He's clearly shown his disdain for the former coach and current ownership if only to curry the openly emotional fans.
He's a lifer on the committee... Time to be replaced... He doesn't "report" on the Pats... Works for the hall of Fame talk website, whatever that is...

I don't like PEDton Manning at all but I'd still vote for him.

One of these days I'm going to have to look more closely at the HOF voting history and see if the NFC is more represented than the AFC, which would be strange since the AFC has dominated them in head to head by a large margin.
I thought Rodney's HGH suspension was hurting him with voters but they just inducted Peppers so that can't be it either. Has to be something.

Good question about the NFC. Also the Steelers IMO

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back