PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been tossing out every name that hits the internet. Andre Holmes was part of my 2nd/3rd level of UFA WRs; once those at my top level (Marvin Jones, Rishard Matthews, Jermaine Kearse) were no longer available, then I began to focus on more under-30 but less expensive possibilities such as Holmes, Rod Streater, Chris Givens & Leonard Hankerson. I had assumed that Hogan would be re-signed by Buffalo, so I hadn't given him as much consideration; and Nate Washington was grouped with the over-30s such as Anquan Boldin, James Jones & Marques Colston all of whom I still liked, at the right terms, provided that at least one or two of the younger ones above were signed.

I consider my approach more Next Man Up than Tossing Out Names.

Fair enough, but citing to a guy like Holmes is really working the bottom of the barrel.

Besides LB think were pretty set on Defense, that along with the D-Line can be settled through the draft. WR and RB are still big needs, hopefully N.Wahsington is picked up or someone like James Starks. With still plenty of cap space and being with loaded with draft picks, the team has many options on how to fill those needs. Would like to see Collins or HT extended soon, preferably HT.

I'd bring in Arian Foster. Can catch the ball well.

If we had signed Matt Forte I'd consider this FA period a success. But we still have a major hole at RB
I think they'll draft one and bring in Blount afterwards

Andre Holmes & Leonard Hankerson.

Hell should have cut every WR sans Edelman, not signed Hogan and went and got Kamar Aiken and Kenbrell Thompkins in addition to Hankerson and Holmes. Brought back all the WR retreads that were available

I think they'll draft one and bring in Blount afterwards

I wouldn't mind either Starks or Blount along with a draft pick being used at the position. Between those two moves and, hopefully, Dion Lewis returning to health, the team should be okay at the position. The guard and tackle positions still need work, though. I'm not convinced Cooper is the be-all, end-all solution to the problem there.

I wouldn't mind either Starks or Blount along with a draft pick being used at the position. Between those two moves and, hopefully, Dion Lewis returning to health, the team should be okay at the position. The guard and tackle positions still need work, though. I'm not convinced Cooper is the be-all, end-all solution to the problem there.

Agreed. One more vet OG would help, as it would give us two vets (Kline and FA), two sophomores (Mason and Jackson) and a reclamation project (Cooper) to battle it out for the two starting gigs and gameday backup. Add in a few UDFA longshots and that's a good group to hit camp with. I think OT will be addressed in the draft.

I'm not convinced Cooper makes it out of March as a Patriot or at the end of August.

I think if for some crazy reason if Henry falls BB snatches him.

I'm not convinced Cooper makes it out of March as a Patriot or at the end of August.

I think if for some crazy reason if Henry falls BB snatches him.

Henry, Williams, even Howard would all look good in a Pats uniform and would be great change of pace options. I just don't see Henry falling that far into the 2nd round, though.

I think that Blount will resign with the Pats. I think the Pats have a number in mind and Blount is looking around to see if anyone will pay him more (so he can quit on that team and return to NE). Don't sleep on Tyler Gaffney, he's been hurt for two years, but might finally be healthy.

I would love to see the Pats grab up Keith Marshall from Georgia, he was recruited with Gurley and had as much hype, ran a 4.29 at the combine. He has good size 5'11" 200 and great speed. He split time with Gurley their freshman year, hurt his sophomore year and was behind Nick Chubb last year. He never really got a chance to show what he can do in college, but I think he will be a great NFL back.

I think that Blount will resign with the Pats. I think the Pats have a number in mind and Blount is looking around to see if anyone will pay him more (so he can quit on that team and return to NE). Don't sleep on Tyler Gaffney, he's been hurt for two years, but might finally be healthy.

I would love to see the Pats grab up Keith Marshall from Georgia, he was recruited with Gurley and had as much hype, ran a 4.29 at the combine. He has good size 5'11" 200 and great speed. He split time with Gurley their freshman year, hurt his sophomore year and was behind Nick Chubb last year. He never really got a chance to show what he can do in college, but I think he will be a great NFL back.
Would like to see the Patriots call the Vikings and see how much jerick Mckinnon would cost.
AP raves about the guy measurables off the charts. Think he could turn into a steal.
Also Bengals arent going to keep both backs for the long haul, would they trade one for a second rounder?
Just things to ponder.

Henry, Williams, even Howard would all look good in a Pats uniform and would be great change of pace options. I just don't see Henry falling that far into the 2nd round, though.

Belichick will have to use both seconds if he wants to go up and get Henry.

The best thing about this free agency is the damage it has done to their competitors.

Fair enough, but citing to a guy like Holmes is really working the bottom of the barrel.

I don't think Holmes is as bad as you think he is anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes