PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of them before but they did call the Weddle deal first, so maybe.

BTW, they're also reporting Percy Harvin is signing with Baltimore too. What a f***ing train wreck that would be.

The Ravens have a lot of experience dealing with idiots, starting with John Harbaby. Harvin could fit right in.

Belichick will have to use both seconds if he wants to go up and get Henry.

Henry is a hell of a RB prospect, but I'd be shocked and disappointed if BB gave up two seconds to go up and get him when he can stay put and still land a very nice prospect either on day two or on day three for a guy like Procise or even Henry's teammate Drake (who I really like).

Alfred Morris has had fumbling problems and his inability to catch the ball out of the backfield is well documented.

Highly doubt the Pats sign him. Would be very surprised.

When it comes to RB, it looks like either Blount returns or Starks is signed. Maybe Foster is given a low risk/reward deal as well.
Morris (4 years) - 1078 carries, 11 fumbles. 47-365-0 receiving
Blount( 6 years) - 869 carries, 14 fumbles. 39-299-1 receiving

As already pointed out Morris only had 2 fumbles the last two years in 467 carries, Blount had 5 the last 3 years in 443 carries. Morris' catch total the last two years 27-210-0, Blount 16-97-1. BTW Starks had 5 fumbles last year in 213 touches.

Henry, Williams, even Howard would all look good in a Pats uniform and would be great change of pace options. I just don't see Henry falling that far into the 2nd round, though.

Putting Elliot and Henry aside, my top 4 RB wants in the draft (in no order) Collins, Howard and Dixon if it's the 2nd. CJ Prosise if it's the 3rd and the other 3 are gone.

I would if I was them. He's a very good player.

I agree but a run-clogging DT that doesn't get up the field that will play 30% of the time isn't worth $3m to them.

I'd like to see what Nick Fairley is asking for. He would seem to be a more logical replacement for Hicks than Knighton, a version of whom we already have in Branch.

I would if I was them. He's a very good player.
A very good player who is completely unwanted by the three teams that know him best. The Broncos let him go and actually improved their run defense. Del Rio's Raiders lowballed him. He finally signed with the Redskins, who now don't want him back. There's a certain point where a player isn't worth the headache anymore, and a one-down nose tackle reaches that point a lot quicker than players with bigger roles.

Henry is a hell of a RB prospect, but I'd be shocked and disappointed if BB gave up two seconds to go up and get him when he can stay put and still land a very nice prospect either on day two or on day three for a guy like Procise or even Henry's teammate Drake (who I really like).

I would be surprised as well, I was simply commenting on what it would take to get him, I don't see him dropping to the end of the second after his combine performance. I would prefer a back who can help in their receiving game on early downs, otherwise defenses will continue to pin their ears back and go after Brady. I haven't looked hard at the draft yet because a-hole Goodell stole their first rounder but the addition of another 2nd will generate more interest from me going forward.

La drops visting cinny (lafell)
Rand getlin

Last edited:
I would be surprised as well, I was simply commenting on what it would take to get him, I don't see him dropping to the end of the second after his combine performance. I would prefer a back who can help in their receiving game on early downs, otherwise defenses will continue to pin their ears back and go after Brady. I haven't looked hard at the draft yet because a-hole Goodell stole their first rounder but the addition of another 2nd will generate more interest from me going forward.

According to various scouting reports, Henry is a pretty decent receiver and competent in the passing game.

The question is can he get up to speed (pass blocking/blitz pickup) HERE.

I agree, though....highly doubtful he falls to the Pats.

I don't think Holmes is as bad as you think he is anymore.

27 year old player who's been around before and was beaten out by the likes of Lavelle Hawkins, Donald Jones and Mike Jenkin's corpse.

2012 - 7 games, 2 targets, 2 catches 5.5 ypc
2013 - 10 games, 52 targets, 25 catches 17.2 ypc
2014 - 16 games, 99 targets, 47 catches 14.7 ypc
2015 - 16 games, 33 targets, 14 catches 14.4 ypc

When you're whining because that guy wasn't brought to the team, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited:
Putting Elliot and Henry aside, my top 4 RB wants in the draft (in no order) Collins, Howard and Dixon if it's the 2nd. CJ Prosise if it's the 3rd and the other 3 are gone.

What do you think of Kenyan Drake? Good size, speed, strength, power, threat to catch passes out of the backfield, and has battled injuries throughout his career which has hurt his stock. Sounds like a prototypical Pats draft pick for a RB. He could be a real steal.

What do you think of Kenyan Drake? Good size, speed, strength, power, threat to catch passes out of the backfield, and has battled injuries throughout his career which has hurt his stock. Sounds like a prototypical Pats draft pick for a RB. He could be a real steal.

I really like Drake and I think he will be there when they pick in the 2nd, I also think that the Patriots will double dip at RB in the draft and Drake is very likely a target for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes