PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

Embarrassed how? You have nothing to do with it. How can you feel embarrassment for something you have no responsibility for ?
If you trip going up the stairs you can be embarrassed.
If you drop an f bomb in front of grandma you can be embarrassed.
If your mom catches you beating off you can be embarrassed.
If other men play poorly in a football game and you really hoped they would play well, that’s not embarrassment.

The point is a fan being “embarrassed” is just a lame way to trash the team and sound like you are such a noble fan they aren’t good enough for you.

I’m a patriot fan and every time they play I want them to win. If they don’t I am not embarrassed because I wanted them to win. I’m pissed but my personal value is not diminished because of them losing a game.

The definition of embarrassment
a feeling of self-consciousness, shame, or awkwardness.

So when the patriots lose do you feel self-conscious over someone else’s actions? Are you ashamed of yourself? Do you feel awkward around people because you like a team that lost a game ?
13 sentences to combat improper "embarrassment" ?

Face Palm No GIF

Maybe cause he’s a fan, wears their gear, has spent time and money following them for god knows how many years.
Poor guy, being exposed to a period of unprecedented success!

Embarrassed how? You have nothing to do with it. How can you feel embarrassment for something you have no responsibility for ?
If you trip going up the stairs you can be embarrassed.
If you drop an f bomb in front of grandma you can be embarrassed.
If your mom catches you beating off you can be embarrassed.
If other men play poorly in a football game and you really hoped they would play well, that’s not embarrassment.

The point is a fan being “embarrassed” is just a lame way to trash the team and sound like you are such a noble fan they aren’t good enough for you.

I’m a patriot fan and every time they play I want them to win. If they don’t I am not embarrassed because I wanted them to win. I’m pissed but my personal value is not diminished because of them losing a game.

The definition of embarrassment
a feeling of self-consciousness, shame, or awkwardness.

So when the patriots lose do you feel self-conscious over someone else’s actions? Are you ashamed of yourself? Do you feel awkward around people because you like a team that lost a game ?
Firstly, it should be the players and coaches who were embarrassed by that playoff loss in buffalo. Because I am an avid fan dating back to the 60's with this team, I am emotionally invested in the outcomes of games. My point was embarrassment by the team (including BB) should be a strong motivator to fill gaps and markedly improve on weaknesses on display.

Thus far, the Patriots have allowed some of their best players to leave or to be traded, while their arch rivals within the division have added significant talent.

The Pats do not have a bevy of draft picks in the first three rounds this year (3, starting with 21). THe outlook for the season is not rosy or good. I do not see how any true patriots fan, emotionally invested in the team could not feel frustrated.

This forum is supposed to be an outlet for communicated happiness or frustration.

Do I wish I were not at all invested emotionally in this team? No, I enjoy following the moves closely and discussing.

I was under the impression that Von Miller was a pretty average player at this point. Am I wrong? The Bills' player evaluation people have got to be much better than me, of course, but that seems like a desperate move - reported $120 million is owed to Miller, who turns 33 this month, over the next six years with a $53 million payout over the next three. One report said Miller is even guaranteed $51.43 million over the course of the deal, and it also guarantees $45 million at signing
My biggest concern would be all that signing bonus money spread out over 6 years, and then you need to cut bait with him in years 3 or 4 when he's 36 years old.

How do you do it? You still have 3 years worth of dead cap signing bonus money all tied up in the 4th year. That's $22.5m in dead cap from the signing bonuses in year 4.

How do you cut a 36 year old when he counts $22.4m against the cap.

You can't pay him his salary if he's washed up, because that puts you in even worse position. And who helps them when Josh Allen's contract is up and he's going for $55m per?

Were you embarrassed? Poor baby. You have absolutely nothing to do with having any impact whatsoever on the result and you are “embarrassed”. Grow up.
You have absolutely no impact on anything either bud. Remember your Cam Newton meltdown last year followed by your crusade to trade every draft pick for a decade to trade up for a QB. Now, that was embarrassing. Stop attacking every poster who has an opinion different from your’s or you’re going to have to change names again.

Your Newton meltdown is just a coming attraction for when it finally sets in that you have real bad taste in idols.

Yeah it’s embarrassing when the team I’ve supported for years is getting their ass whooped, I’m emotionally invested. What is it fun to you?
I just think getting embarrassed is going to happen more and more after the run we've had. It's normal. I expect we'll have a contending team in 2 years, because of the quality of our coaches. But I'm patient and I won't fuss too much about the growing pains.

The Bills are well into their rebuild, they've had years of top 10 drafting, and Josh Allen is well into his development, so we're really comparing apples to oranges. Let's revisit after the rebuild because I can guarantee Bill won't be outcoached when he has the weapons.

Nothing excites me about DeDe Westbrook.
If that is our big wr signing this is a joke.
Unless you are planning on drafting Williams from ALA.
They are setting Mac up for a disappointing season.

The Playoff loss to the Bills was absolutely embarrassing. However, making a poor decision early in free agency because the team was embarrassed last year isn’t smart.

Almost every single offseason Belichick has run the Pats involved fans and media being upset with the lack of big name moves. Over his tenure Bill has achieved the best return on investment for free agent signings by targeting the middle class in free agency.

I’m not sure how so many longtime Pats fans are upset Bill is taking his time in free agency. It’s actually similar to the fans who get upset every time the team trades down in the draft. I’m the end Bill is going to field a good team using the methods he’s used throughout his career. Just because this years moves haven’t been made yet doesn’t mean it’s panic time.

Volin says $1.69M cap hit, which would be the salary, signing bonus, and 14 LTBE gameday bonuses. That means all $1.25M of incentives are NLTBE. He played 69.3% of snaps last season, so he needs at least 70% to get any incentives this coming season.
This will be tough to achieve right ? I believe he will be competing for the cb spot number 4/5 with Williams and wade
With Mills and Jones and mister x be number 1-3

can someone name one player who has been signed to another team so far that they reasonably expected top be signed here? (emphasis on reasonable)

Firstly, it should be the players and coaches who were embarrassed by that playoff loss in buffalo. Because I am an avid fan dating back to the 60's with this team, I am emotionally invested in the outcomes of games. My point was embarrassment by the team (including BB) should be a strong motivator to fill gaps and markedly improve on weaknesses on display.

Thus far, the Patriots have allowed some of their best players to leave or to be traded, while their arch rivals within the division have added significant talent.

The Pats do not have a bevy of draft picks in the first three rounds this year (3, starting with 21). THe outlook for the season is not rosy or good. I do not see how any true patriots fan, emotionally invested in the team could not feel frustrated.

This forum is supposed to be an outlet for communicated happiness or frustration.

Do I wish I were not at all invested emotionally in this team? No, I enjoy following the moves closely and discussing.
So you think that the team isn’t motivated to do the best it can building a roster? That it doesn’t really care and should need to be embarrassed to be motivated to do it’s job? Yet you as an observer following the team are “emotionally invested” and evidently care more?

Your frustration is you think you want to win more than the team does? For realz?

This forum is supposed to be a place that shares information and a shared hope for the success of the team. What does it accomplish to whine for the next 6 months before there is a game? What does it accomplish to respond to the riches of success you were lucky enough to be handed as a fan with “embarrassment” of 2 playoff season in the last 3?

There is a difference between following the team and griping like a little baby.

can someone name one player who has been signed to another team so far that they reasonably expected top be signed here? (emphasis on reasonable)
JC Jackson

You have absolutely no impact on anything either bud. Remember your Cam Newton meltdown last year followed by your crusade to trade every draft pick for a decade to trade up for a QB. Now, that was embarrassing. Stop attacking every poster who has an opinion different from your’s or you’re going to have to change names again.

Your Newton meltdown is just a coming attraction for when it finally sets in that you have real bad taste in idols.
Yes I have no impact on what happens with the patriots, same as everyone else here, thanks for agreeing with me.
Meltdown? Haha. Newton sucks, I was right. Watching him in a Patriot uniform ruined my enjoyment of the games. And yes, I was all for doing whatever it took to get a franchise QB. Are you honestly saying that is wrong?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back