PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

Yeah it’s embarrassing when the team I’ve supported for years is getting their ass whooped, I’m emotionally invested. What is it fun to you?
Embarrassed how? You have nothing to do with it. How can you feel embarrassment for something you have no responsibility for ?
If you trip going up the stairs you can be embarrassed.
If you drop an f bomb in front of grandma you can be embarrassed.
If your mom catches you beating off you can be embarrassed.
If other men play poorly in a football game and you really hoped they would play well, that’s not embarrassment.

The point is a fan being “embarrassed” is just a lame way to trash the team and sound like you are such a noble fan they aren’t good enough for you.

I’m a patriot fan and every time they play I want them to win. If they don’t I am not embarrassed because I wanted them to win. I’m pissed but my personal value is not diminished because of them losing a game.

The definition of embarrassment
a feeling of self-consciousness, shame, or awkwardness.

So when the patriots lose do you feel self-conscious over someone else’s actions? Are you ashamed of yourself? Do you feel awkward around people because you like a team that lost a game ?

I think he is wrong. Over the Cap have them less than a million dollars under and Sportrac have them a little over $2 million under.
He's wrong.. The Saints cleared cap space to be able to function. They still have more to clear..

This team is not and will not be all that good this season. I will still be rooting like heck but Playoffs are unlikely and it will get ugly for BB.
Since you're making such amazing prognostications, care to share the winning lottery numbers? Or tell everyone when you start as the new "Ms. Cleo"?

Chris Godwin with the 3 year extension.

It’ll be interesting to revisit this thread at the end of the 2022 season and look back at some of these doom and gloom comments about how the season is done for just a few hours after the legal tampering period has ended.
There is no doubt BB can Coach em up and field a competitive Team. But is this a Champion Team? Not even with rose colored glasses on.

Let’s sum things up as of now. From the team that last saw the field in a humiliating playoff game against their division rivals giving up 47 points on 7 drives, the following is a summary of what the Pats have gained and lost since that game:

Lost: Josh McDaniels OC, Bo Hardegree QB coach, WR coach Mickey Lombardi and OL coach Carmen Briscillo

Gained: Joe Judge and Matt Patricia in unknown capacities

Lost: players- LG Ted Karras, RG Shaq Mason, likely RT Trent Brown, FB Jakob Johnson, RB Brandon Bolden, OLB Kyle Van Noy, likely D’onta Hightower and CB JC Jackson and his 8 Interceptions

Gained: players- the CFL guy the Pats outbid their competitors for with a $40k guarantee, the hope Onwenu can play guard, the possibility of acquiring the overpaid injury riddled RT Collins, the prayer 3rd rd TE Dalton Keene coming off a serious neck injury being an all-purpose FB, the hope James White’s hip is sound, the unknown of what Josh UChe, Anfernee Jennings, Ronnie Perkins etc can be and journeyman CB Terrance Mitchell.

It speaks for itself; there’s been quite a bit lost and very little of tangible substance gained. Yes, it’s March 16th, but that’s a whole lot of ground to make up in one draft and from the pool of misfit toys still left in free agency. That’s just to be as good not better than the team that gave up 7 TDs in 7 drives in their last game.

But, you’ve got the little wizard behind the curtain in Foxboro to make it all work. Good luck.

You became quite a little wizard yourself..
Hope this doesn't keep you up at night.

Patriots have a QB on a rookie contract. This is the time to overspend and push towards the future. Look at the chargers. They have a rookie QB and are going all in. Because they know he won't be cheap for long.

You don't do that by letting all your talent leave because you are cheap and want to save money. Especially from a team that just got steamrolled in the playoffs. None of these guys we let go got crazy money. JC Jackson got 16million. We paid Gilmore that years ago.

You should be building towards something. Not saving mr. Kraft money. I see no direction here.

Bill's method worked because he had TB12 to cover up the warts. The disaster roster of 2019 that made Brady bounce was a result of this method and poor drafts.

Now maybe we can fill these holes in the draft BUT bill has to hit on EVERYTHING in the draft.

His actions this off-season have taken a team with serious holes and made them worse. Now we have holes at CB, LB, WR(still don't have a #1). And now we created one at OL which was a strength.

We won't even pay the FB!

Patriots have a QB on a rookie contract. This is the time to overspend and push towards the future. Look at the chargers. They have a rookie QB and are going all in. Because they know he won't be cheap for long.

You don't do that by letting all your talent leave because you are cheap and want to save money. Especially from a team that just got steamrolled in the playoffs. None of these guys we let go got crazy money. JC Jackson got 16million. We paid Gilmore that years ago.

You should be building towards something. Not saving mr. Kraft money. I see no direction here.

Bill's method worked because he had TB12 to cover up the warts. The disaster roster of 2019 that made Brady bounce was a result of this method and poor drafts.

Now maybe we can fill these holes in the draft BUT bill has to hit on EVERYTHING in the draft.

His actions this off-season have taken a team with serious holes and made them worse. Now we have holes at CB, LB, WR(still don't have a #1). And now we created one at OL which was a strength.

We won't even pay the FB!

Yep. Its over. All is lost. RIp.

I was under the impression that Von Miller was a pretty average player at this point. Am I wrong? The Bills' player evaluation people have got to be much better than me, of course, but that seems like a desperate move - reported $120 million is owed to Miller, who turns 33 this month, over the next six years with a $53 million payout over the next three. One report said Miller is even guaranteed $51.43 million over the course of the deal, and it also guarantees $45 million at signing

Pretty much exactly how I called it when the signing was announced… they kept the player and also saved cap space too. His deal will void next year for a $6M dead cap hit which is pretty similar to what would’ve happened this year, so if he’s still looking worth keeping at that point then they can do this dance all over again for another year. But assuming this is his last season in NE, they would rather eat $6M in dead money in a year where they have over $100M in cap space.

the players the pats have lost were all expected to be potentially signed or traded......were there really any surprise losses so far?

has there been any player signed by any other team so far that the pats were serious players for, that we expected to be here next year?

it's going slow so far......that shouldn't be a surprise.....no one has left that should should surprise anyone, no one is off the board at this point that i reasonably expected to be in the fold by now......one or two moves fall into place, like they will, and things will look a lot better

this is a growth year.....a chance to see mac get better, a chance for some young LBs to get their game on....all part of the build

the go for broke and spend like fools so you can win now with a young QB (ie where buffalo is right now) is going to be next year and the year after, which is why i am happy they aren't kicking too many cans down the road into those years, going to be lots of money left

i expect similar results to last year.....an improved roster, an improved team, a playoff caliber team that is still a few pieces away from being a legit superbowl contender......not sure why any of this surprises anyone, it's how teams build to win, and win consistently......all indications are the pats have the QB they need, now they just need to make things fall into place.....if we see growth and improvement this year, that's what we need to see....

whine all you want, this is where i expected them to be after seeing mac last year.....this isn't the all in year, and it doesn't mean they are screwing it up, or are going to suck......expect more common sense signings, expect more holes to get filled, and let's get ready for the draft

I was under the impression that Von Miller was a pretty average player at this point. Am I wrong? The Bills' player evaluation people have got to be much better than me, of course, but that seems like a desperate move - reported $120 million is owed to Miller, who turns 33 this month, over the next six years with a $53 million payout over the next three. One report said Miller is even guaranteed $51.43 million over the course of the deal, and it also guarantees $45 million at signing
you are wrong

The Rams rented him, and he made the difference.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back