PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Draft: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Possibly a last ditch effort to save his job, if reports are right:

The Athletic's Michael Lombardi, general manager Mike Maccagnan is on the hot seat.

I hear that all is not well in New York Jets land about their scouting operation. General Manager Mike Maccagnan is on the hot seat internally, and many in the league expect changes in the Jets' front office after the draft. Stay tuned.

Jets GM Mike Maccagnan reportedly on the hot seat, changes to front office expected after the draft

Dolphins working on a deal for Rosen....hmmmmm...hmmm....

Ok, all eyes on these guys:

Missouri quarterback Drew Lock
Oklahoma offensive lineman Cody Ford
Florida offensive tackle Jawaan Taylor
LSU cornerback Greedy Williams
Ole Miss wide receiver D.K. Metcalf

I'm hoping one of them doesn't get picked and has to wait until day 3!

We have no life. There’s a reason the late, great Joel Buchsbaum led the life he did.

Here’s background on him.
Mock Drafts: An Oral History

Fascinating how Belichick so trusted him and was one of the few to show up to his funeral. Righteous deed, Bill.

RIP, Joel Buchsbaum.
I got to talk to Buchsbaum at the 1982 draft (the only one I ever went to), and he truly was a mensch. Just a really nice guy, and I loved his draft guides at Pro Football Weekly. He truly was a great talent evaluator, was offered several jobs in the NFL and never took one. Interesting fact, he never went to see the prospects, did all of his scouting in his apartment via video tape.

Definitely was a notch up on Mel Kiper back in the 1980s.

I’m looking forward to today, there are so many different directions we can go. The one thing I do hope though is that they pick up an additional 4th/5th pick tomorrow because there’s a big gap between the 4th round pick and the 6th.

Maybe a move up from 56 or 64 by exchanging one of the 3rds for a 5th?

Every point you make sounds great. I just wish I actually liked Risner. Obviously, if the Patriots take him, then that's good enough for me. Scar knows what he's doing.

Im not a particular fan either ;)
Its just the rationale in me..

Maybe a move up from 56 or 64 by exchanging one of the 3rds for a 5th?

I think I’d rather a 4, followed by trading our 4th back into the mid-high 5th.

Alternatively, pick at 56, trade back from 64 to the mid-3rd picking up a mid-4th which works on the trade chart. And then trade back from 134, maybe picking up a 2020 4th or 5th.

But your way works too.

He’s a bit too similar to the Chung role for me to be interested in taking him too early but I certainly get very interested at 64 and onwards.

Patriots have a very small draft board compared to most teams by all reports. I could easily see them trading up in the 2nd for a player they have targeted. They certainly have enough ammo to get to anywhere they want. Caserio also mentioned that as a possibility last night.

He’s a bit too similar to the Chung role for me to be interested in taking him too early but I certainly get very interested at 64 and onwards.

I know a good physical therapist who does also does myofascial release. I can hook him up. ;)

No, that's why I didn't break anything when I heard it. ;). Tillery was SOOOO close. They only had to go up to 29 to get him and 29 was for sale.

Trading up to 29 wouldn't have done anything since the Chargers took Tillery at 28.

I know a good physical therapist who does also does myofascial release. I can hook him up. ;)
I bet Kraft knows a therapist that specializes in promoting a different kind of release

Really like to see us come away with Mecole Hardman out of GA. He and Harry would be filthy to defend along side Edelman

Hardman, Hakeem Butler, Hunter Renfrow, Samuel, and McLaurin. Any combination of them would be deadly going forward.

Why would they need to trade up for Winovich???

You could make a case that he's undervalued by fans. His testing was excellent, he has good hands and proper technique, and he had one of the highest pressure rates in the entire class at 21.7% to go along with a run rate of 11.8% -- again one of the highest in class. Winovich had 53 total QB hits. He's a tenacious, fiery player. Sounds like a good Patriot to me.

There are other players I prefer, but I wouldn't have been shocked if he had gone in the last few picks of the 1st round. He may not make it to 56. If the Patriots like him, then go get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye