PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Draft: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phins are trading for a guy with these stats lol.

Attachments

• 3DAABCB9-BAB8-4FAE-A4F1-0C04B1A81897.png
    3DAABCB9-BAB8-4FAE-A4F1-0C04B1A81897.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 18
Just read a nauseating tweet from Ethan Hammerman (don't know who he is). He said " Heard a little buzz last night that the Patriots may be bigger fans of Tyree Jackson than initially thought. I think the Patriots will use one of their picks on a QB tonight, and he could be it".

I pray that it's not earlier than their LAST 3rd round pick. I'd be fine with trading up for Drew Lock (whom I like A LOT) or staying put for Will Grier (whom I also like a lot), but DO NOT use a 2nd round pick on Tyree Jackson. That's just as bad a pick as Jones going 6th overall (maybe worse).

Tyree Jackson to the Patriots is as likely as Lamar Jackson to the Patriots. Null, nada, zilch possibility.

Phins are trading for a guy with these stats lol.

A little misleading given the crap he was given to work with last season. Crap line, coach and wasn’t supposed to even be starting.

A little misleading given the crap he was given to work with last season. Crap line, coach and wasn’t supposed to even be starting.
It’s not like he didn’t have any weapons. Larry Fitzgerald was on that team

LOL he should have got a beating. Big no-no in the weight room. Actually surprised nothing physical was reported

How far do they have to trade up to secure Zach Allen?

LOL he should have got a beating. Big no-no in the weight room. Actually surprised nothing physical was reported

Wasn’t this the kid people thought we were taking before Atlanta jumped back into r1?

Dalton for Dante

luckily Pats can still get some top value out of this draft with moving up for Risner

- one of the safest picks of the draft
- close to elite talent/experience (very good at run blocking and pass protection)
- fills the void at swing tackle + backs up all 5 positions in year one at the least
(potentially saves a spot on 46 roster for additional STer ;) )
- probably dependant starter week 1 at all 5 positions if need be
- adds flexibility at OL management going forward and keeps the OL cap healthy
(unfortunately only 4 years now since they didn't take him at 32)
-.-

Last edited:
at 56, I would like Zach Allen, Dremont Jones/ Mack Wilson
at 64, Jace Sternberger or Yodney Cajuste
at 73, Andy Isabella or D'Andre Walker

I can get down with that.

I’m looking forward to today, there are so many different directions we can go. The one thing I do hope though is that they pick up an additional 4th/5th pick tomorrow because there’s a big gap between the 4th round pick and the 6th.

Renfrow with pick #64!!!!

Then he can recruit Trevor Lawrence in two years!

I think this says much more about Anonymous AFC Executive.

Dalton for Dante

luckily Pats can still get some top value out of this draft with moving up for Risner

- one of the safest picks of the draft
- close to elite talent/experience (very good at run blocking and pass protection)
- fills the void at swing tackle + backs up all 5 positions in year one at the least
(potentially saves a spot on 46 roster for additional STer ;) )
- probably dependant starter week 1 at all 5 positions if need be
- adds flexibility at OL management going forward and keeps the OL cap healthy
(unfortunately only 4 years now since they didn't take him at 32)
-.-

Every point you make sounds great. I just wish I actually liked Risner. Obviously, if the Patriots take him, then that's good enough for me. Scar knows what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents